*** Official Scotland v Serbia Match Thread ***

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the players confidence look shot as much as anything else. The game was poor yesterday but Scotland didn't actually play that badly for long spells.

They need to arrange the next four or five friendlies to be against cannon fodder so the players can build their confidence back up.

I think the players confidence look shot as much as anything else. The game was poor yesterday but Scotland didn't actually play that badly for long spells.

They need to arrange the next four or five friendlies to be against cannon fodder so the players can build their confidence back up.

Problem is................what teams would be classed as cannon fodder for the jacos.

He was excellent in the 12mths before he left us. Even selected in a Champions League team of the group stage I believe?

However, he was terrible before that 12mth spell, and has been terrible ever since that 12mth spell.

I remember him marauding forward and taking the game to the opposition for Rangers and Scotland in that 12 months. Games against Croatia and Italy spring to mind for the national team... and at times against SPL sides it genuinely did take four or five players to chase and hack him down, so effective was his strength, athleticism and directness in attack.