CG charged by SFA

BEARGER

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could probably count on one hand the amount of Pakistanis offended by his comment.

doesn't matter if a pakistani is offended or not.

If me and you were standing in a group of three, I was black and you and the other person were white. Me and yoi are best friends, you call me a n***er, but I'm absolutely fine with that. If the third person (remember he's white) finds what you said is racist and reports it, you would be charged with a racism.

Ridiculous, but that is the way the law was written. It's is almost impossible to get off of a racism charge if someone has found it offensive.

He was stupid to make the comments and leave himself open but you can bet that the action taken by the SFA will be as a result of pressure from the offended hoardes. Show Racism the Red Card would also have been swamped with mock offence you can be sure.

doesn't matter if a pakistani is offended or not.

If me and you were standing in a group of three, I was black and you and the other person were white. Me and yoi are best friends, you call me a n***er, but I'm absolutely fine with that. If the third person (remember he's white) finds what you said is racist and reports it, you would be charged with a racism.

Ridiculous, but that is the way the law was written. It's is almost impossible to get off of a racism charge if someone has found it offensive.

Yea the law's an ass, it certainly shouldn't work like that.

Rangers chief executive Charles Green cited over 'racist' remarks

Rangers chief executive Charles Green has been issued with a notice of complaint for allegedly making comments "of an offensive and racist nature".

The complaint relates to quotes attributed to Green in a weekend newspaper article.

The Scottish Football Association's compliance officer has set a principle hearing date of Thursday 25 April.

And Green has until Wednesday 17 April to make a response to the notice of complaint.

The SFA rules Green is alleged to have breached concern "ringing the game into disrepute" and "[n]ot acting in the best interests of Association Football".

If we go down this route then any one calling people from Scotland, Scots is on the same level is it not. I don't get upset at my work when my English work colleagues call and say this is my Scots colleague, they certainly don't bring the work place into dispute because of it. So why should it be any different if he calls his billionaire friend from Pakistan his Paki friend is that not just short for Pakistan as is Scots for Scotland?????? .

can guarentee he has said jock on numerous occasions, its the norm really when you are scottish living down south and that is basically the exact same except this would not be news worthy considering it happens in every organisation that employs both nationalities, its the norm. we all have a corner shop somewhere that we call the same thing.

I hate to tell you this guys, but your country is fucked and being ran by a pack of fucking idiots. (as if you didn't already know that) :sherlock:

Somebody from Afghanistan is called an Afghani, so why the fuck is it 'racist' to calles somebody from Pakistan a Paki?

That fucker Stan sure causes some bother these days. :moon:

If we go down this route then any one calling people from Scotland, Scots is on the same level is it not. I don't get upset at my work when my English work colleagues call and say this is my Scots colleague, they certainly don't bring the work place into dispute because of it. So why should it be any different if he calls his billionaire friend from Pakistan his Paki friend is that not just short for Pakistan as is Scots for Scotland?????? .

I think because paki has been used as a racist term that now its wrongly considered a purely racist term where as Ive certainly not heard Scot or Scots used in a racist or offensive manner, Scotch maybe as that can be a derogotairy term for a Scottish person but even that wont stack up against paki as any term used about a racial minority is always considered far worse than one used about a white racial group in this mad PC world.

Oh really, show me the law where you can be "charged with racism"? Perhaps you mean aggravated breach, but there would need to be a breach committed in the first place. See the recent case where the Celtic fan was found not guilty.

I think because paki has been used as a racist term that now its wrongly considered a purely racist term where as Ive certainly not heard Scot or Scots used in a racist or offensive manner, Scotch maybe as that can be a derogotairy term for a Scottish person but even that wont stack up against paki as any term used about a racial minority is always considered far worse than one used about a white racial group in this mad PC world.

excuse the terms no insult intended but just to make a point if Im called a Scots BS then Scots is not offensive but BS is but if someone is called a Paki BS then the two words are racists, feckin messed up to me its double standards.

excuse the terms no insult intended but just to make a point if Im called a Scots BS then Scots is not offensive but BS is but if someone is called a Paki BS then the two words are racists, feckin messed up to me its double standards.

If you are called a Scottish bastard or Scots bastard, then yes that is racist.

Do we really need to go over this again? The word has been deemed a racist term as a result of the way in which it has been used in the past. It is no longer socially acceptable to use the term.

If for the last 50 years people had used the term "Scot" to be derogatory towards people from Scotland it would also be regarded as a racist term. That is the difference.

As far as I'm concerned the context is everything, but apparently that isn't the case with the SFA.

I agree it is double standards but thats this world all over, Rangers supporters get called H*** and its fine, celtic supporters get called fenians and the country starts a witch hunt, sad but true.

So how much can they fine Green?

Rule 66

"SFL officials" - lower end £500, higher end £10,000

"Other officials" - lower end £100, higher end £1000

(ignore the "maximum", Lord Glennie has already destroyed that)

Rule 71

"SFL officials" - lower end £500, higher end £5,000

"Other officials" - lower end £100, higher end £1000

I don't see "SFL officials" defined. There is at least an argument that this is unclear because it could refer to officials of the SFL itself. If it means "Officials of SPL Clubs" why does it not say that?

So they are hardly going to get enough in fines to prop up Scottish football.