Next CEO?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His name escapes me at the moment but I would be surprised if the owner of Sports Direct steps in...Mike Ashley is that it? <cr>

TBH i don't think someone like him would give up the time to be our ceo, he owns the biggest sports retail company in Europe and has many other business interests as well as Newcastle utd.

I would expect a CEO that is relatively close to the current regime, mainly because I don't think Green is really out the picture. He still owns 8% and will still be very close to most of the main investors he brought on board. To be honest, I think they have simply looked at what was happening (negative PR, falling share price etc.) and said time for you to step away from things, take Rangers out of the equation in terms of any fight with CW and let this all die down.

With that in mind, Mather does look a good bet.

We need a strong CEO similar to Green. Take no bullshit from the SFA, etc and keep Rangers on the front and back pages (for all the right reasons). Our club needs to have a high profile. We need exposure on Talksport, SSN, etc. We simply have to be "BIG NEWS". The club needs continual investment and that is how to achieve it.

The next CEO of this great club of ours must be;

1. Recruited and appointed by means of open competition, perhaps using a management consultancy to 'front' the recruitment & selcction process - no 'in house' appointments!
  2. Someone with an established,proven and successful 'track record' as a CEO
  3. Preferably with a football finance background - although this is not essential
  4. Someone not tainted by previous involvement with Rangers
  5. Someone with no previous involvement with Craig Whyte, SDM et al
  6. A fearless advocate, not afraid to be forthright and robust; articulate, with a 'grounding' in PR and Press relations
  7. An innovator - someone who can think outside 'the box'

Let's not have any more internal appointments. There is plenty of talent out there - let's explore it!