Berra

I see we're linked with him this morning - please God no

How he's amassed so many Scotland caps speaks volumes for the state of the national team

Would rather just keep Bocanegra in that case

On the plus side at least he's finally looking at defenders

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's be perfectly acceptable for the level we are at.

Don't agree

I remember thinking that about Broadfoot being decent for division 3 and the half a dozen games he played at the start the was a bombshell - Berra wouldn't be any diff IMO

The only thing of note about Berra that I remember was him pishing himself laughing when Ferguson and McGregor were giving the cameras the "vickies"!!??. (scotland boozegate shite). Never rated him as a player tbh. Too eratic and prone to the odd howler!! He hasnt exactly been a stalwart at the back for Wolves has he!? Back to back relegations!?. No thanks. Plus his first names Christophe!?..

The only thing of note about Berra that I remember was him pishing himself laughing when Ferguson and McGregor were giving the cameras the "vickies"!!??. (scotland boozegate shite). Never rated him as a player tbh. Too eratic and prone to the odd howler!! He hasnt exactly been a stalwart at the back for Wolves has he!? Back to back relegations!?. No thanks. Plus his first names Christophe!?..

...and his second name's Berra!?

Berra is much better than what we have. Wouldn't be hard mind you, we could pull a couple of center backs of the crowd tbh. Given his experience i think he'd be a good addition to to the squad for div 2.

A far better CH than any we have at the club!

That may or may not be true, but I don't see that as a good reason to sign him.

Is he good enough to play for us?

Is there potential for him to develop as a player?

Can we make a profit by selling him.on?

I'd say the answer to those questions is No

Starting to get fairly depressed with the players we're linked with. It all just seems lazy and too close to home.

Perhaps compounded by meeting a scout for Huddersfield whilst in Germany at the weekend. He was travelling to Austria for some lower league games as well as some Austrian Bundesliga games as well. Was talking excitedly about a under 17's tournament in Slovakia that he will be attending soon as well. I know if we're doing this stuff it won't be advertised particularly but I don't really see much evidence of a solid scouting network further afield.