Steven Smith Thread - signed

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely smith will play left midfield. To cover for Wallace on the overlap. I think we sometimes get caught with Wallace miles up the park and templeton next to him. Play templeton on right. Push little up top again. 442.

Albertz and van bronkhorst used to sit and cover when numan ran forward. Perhaps ally thinking along similar lines?

:lol:

Fucking hope not. He was finished many years ago.

Remember the performance he put in away to Hibs at the tail end of the 08/09 season? Touched the ball about 5 times in 45 minutes and got hooked at HT.

People say he will be good backup and he may well be but from a cost and squad size perspective I would rather see Mitchell get a new contract who can cover both right and left back....

This (tu) We also have Urquhart who plays LB as back up for Lee Wallace we certainly dont need Smith.

why would he ask to go?

didn't CG say that if the players signed over when he bought the club then the club would not have a problem with moving them on later if they requested it? (something like that) maybe we have something in place like that for Wallace.

However, taking a step back - did anything actually come of this rumour or is it complete horse shite?

Been training here for a while now, since January I think. For the basis of squad building for assault on cups next season (Ramsdens - we must win), don't think it would be a bad signing. Should Temps be out injured and there be no other option Smith in at left back and Wallace up to left mid as an absolute last resort.

So as said on a back-up basis no problem at all, replacement for Wallace? No thanks.

The first thing I thought about was back up for the left side.

Who's seen him playing lately?

He is coming to his peak years and might not fancy wasting them playing in poor leagues.

in that case he would have asked to leave last year.

IMO he wants to play for us. But if he wanted to leave I certainly would not grudge him it. He stayed when we needed him the most. I will always be thankful for that.

I would be gutted if Lee Wallace leaves but i dont think he wants too, hes playing the best football of his carear and hes at a club who loves him and he clearly loves us, i could see us selling him if we needed cash fast but im hoping that isnt going to be the case with cash in the bank from the IPO.

in that case he would have asked to leave last year.

IMO he wants to play for us. But if he wanted to leave I certainly would not grudge him it. He stayed when we needed him the most. I will always be thankful for that.

He just had a baby which played a massive part in him staying, plus I think he felt he owed it to the club to stay after we had just paid for him a year earlier. I hope he proves me wrong though and stays.