Steven Smith Thread - signed

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we not promote a LB from the reserves or whatever the fuck they're called nowadays? Yet another lack of vision from our management team if true.

Poor old Ally gettin it again and we dont know is Smith is signing.

Which is why I said "if true".

Yes i know that but to be honest with you i get a bit fed up with Ally being continuously critisised on the forum.I honestly believe that a lot of our support has turned on him.Not as an explayer/legend but manager.I would just like to see him get some slack.

Yes i know that but to be honest with you i get a bit fed up with Ally being continuously critisised on the forum.I honestly believe that a lot of our support has turned on him.Not as an explayer/legend but manager.I would just like to see him get some slack.

Ally has had more than enough slack and has proven himself to be a poor manager.

I don't see whats so bad about this? The boy has a great cross, has been training with us for yonks, the fans of his old team in the mls are all over his twitter page, praising him. Folk saying aberdeen let him go because he wasn't good enough, if my memory serves correctly they couldn't afford to give him a permanent deal.

http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2012/12/3/3722434/portland-timbers-steven-smith-part-ways

'one of the most consistent defenders from the last year'

I think this is a great move if it happens, low wages, more than good enough despite what people are saying and he strikes me as someone who will have the hunger and determination to do well. I remember nacho saying in his autobiography that smith liked to have a moan and I think our team lacks that, some leadership and people speaking to each other on the pitch, wanting improvement. Like I say good engine and a great left peg, can put in a decent cross. Its 100% a yes from me.

I remember the boy next to me used to get confused by him and Naismith it led to some really strange abuse coming his way for being out of position.

I never ever felt the need to correct him.

More likely smith will play left midfield. To cover for Wallace on the overlap. I think we sometimes get caught with Wallace miles up the park and templeton next to him. Play templeton on right. Push little up top again. 442.

Albertz and van bronkhorst used to sit and cover when numan ran forward. Perhaps ally thinking along similar lines?