RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

ffs frankie you been talking christopher pills

how much is it... £2 £4 £1.50

i have no idea about publishing

i think it's good you guys are doing something for free but let folk know how much is going in.

Once that is known, maybe all the forum mods can arrange raffles or stuff on each one to try an match pound for pound what you guys put in via fees, that way we get double the amount to charity.

I'm happy to throw a few items in to be auctioned.

That's a very kind offer but I think it's important something is clear. This is not a charity book. As Frankie said the main motivation was to tell the story from the perspective of Rangers fans as opposed to all the others who had their say. We are delighted to be donating ALL our proceeds to the RCF and we thought it was the right thing to do but the main purpose of the book was not to raise money. If people feel they would rather donate a tenner to charity than read the book and donate less then that's absolutely fine.

Delighted to announce the book will be launched at Ibrox Stadium on Monday the 29th July at 2pm.

Watch this space on how you can win tickets to the event...! (tu)

That's shite ! I'll have to wait till I come back my holidays.Maybe we can get the Daily Rhebel to serialize it ! On a more serious note , I am gutted to miss it but it will be something to look forward to.

That's shite ! I'll have to wait till I come back my holidays.Maybe we can get the Daily Rhebel to serialize it ! On a more serious note , I am gutted to miss it but it will be something to look forward to.

The book should be out before then mate. Possibly on or even before the 18th...

That's a very kind offer but I think it's important something is clear. This is not a charity book. As Frankie said the main motivation was to tell the story from the perspective of Rangers fans as opposed to all the others who had their say. We are delighted to be donating ALL our proceeds to the RCF and we thought it was the right thing to do but the main purpose of the book was not to raise money. If people feel they would rather donate a tenner to charity than read the book and donate less then that's absolutely fine.

Yeah i know, but heres the thing (see im a soft bastard). If you guys raise £2k for RCF then it should be aknowledged and once its aknowleged then maybe the three admin cant get together and have an interforum auction.

That way they might all fkn talk to each other.

Im happy to throw in signed shirts, boughies Tshirt (still unwashed and smelling of him) and anything else i have lying about that way we really have a good piece for RFC

Some fans wrote a book to record what happened, made cash for a charity the whole online fanbase came together and added more for said chairty

then again maybe ive taken too many pills today

Usual suspects? Have we not got a right to know? Are you becoming so precious we've just to believe everything you tell us? When you dance with the devil and all that.....

I asked a simple question and accepted the answer from Frankie.

Let's be honest here, your new found friends have a rather dubious past when it comes to fundraising and the truth.

Actually I wasn't referring to you but if you want to include yourself then go right ahead.

Hopefully the answers here will have satisfied VB. If they haven't then stick something specific regarding your concerns up on your front page and we'll be happy to respond very specifically to them.

Yeah i know, but heres the thing (see im a soft bastard). If you guys raise £2k for RCF then it should be aknowledged and once its aknowleged then maybe the three admin cant get together and have an interforum auction.

That way they might all fkn talk to each other.

Im happy to throw in signed shirts, boughies Tshirt (still unwashed and smelling of him) and anything else i have lying about that way we really have a good piece for RFC

Some fans wrote a book to record what happened, made cash for a charity the whole online fanbase came together and added more for said chairty

then again maybe ive taken too many pills today

All the main sites have already been offered ways to get involved with competitions and/or book copies. Hopefully they will take up those offers. I'll discuss the possibility of auctions for the RCF with the guys but currently we are just sorting events.

Keep your knickers on Fury FFS :lol:

It was a question, no more, no less. Frankie replied giving an answer and it was accepted. You must spend your entire life falling out with fellow Bears. :rolleyes:

The irony of that statement is not lost on me. As I said I wasn't talking about you.

Everyone is well aware what the book is and what it's not............you guys heralded the Charity thing and I haven't read anyone saying that this book will not be welcome. Indeed certain posters have offered a way in which perhaps the Charity could gain more from this venture.

Also the last post from The Host suggesting it could be used as a catalyst for bringing various groups together.

So to come away from my serious side............re the tickets for the launch........will it be like a ..........fury fixed it for me.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the Glasgow Banter :7325:

Also did you use others written words and pass them off as your own..............well you had to expect me to ask that , as it one of the 4 questions you haven't answered.

I was serious earlier re one of the contributors of the book who is a personal friend of one of the most cringe-worthy Journalist , that he should invite him along as part of the healing progress.

This is a golden opportunity to show that the profile Rangers fans/groups can get together for the common good.

:lol: Well you're talking to me now. Keep up the good work, your attitude is winning you so many new friends. Touchy today aren't we?

There are none so blind....

Furballs is furious.

Christopher, any snide remarks are not unfounded are they? You are in bed with some of the most disgusting individuals to infest the Rangers support, you personally as Mr Rangers view the average Joe Rangers fan as inferior. I personally have/had reservations with the dubious use of "Author Fees" so I asked a pertinent question (something you wouldn't know) regarding these fees.

You are a successful businessman yourself and you mover and shakers are known to play on words eh.

Thanks for your time, i know how busy you must be ;)

quite amazing that a book written to tell our side of the story that then in turn is helping our clubs charity foundation can end up with such a debate.

I congratulate the authors on their efforts which will help both targets ie the truth and our charity.

So I salute the athours and all other involved in getting this book published.

You see Im rather like those having a wee go on this thread, as I do little to promote the truth or fund the charity.

Once I start doing that then maybe I can have a wee go as well.

In the mean time well done everyone involved. (tu)

What, you don't post on TRS?

Edmiston DC Drive :)

I am an idiot and stupid and can't string a proper sentence together.. But I have the knack of answering questions that upset certain people so much that they refuse to answer and start calling me silly names and I am heading (if not already) for a breakdown.

But being a mere Kinning Park born, albeit in a Penthouse or as we knew it as the tap flare..............I do not give up that easily.

quite amazing that a book written to tell our side of the story that then in turn is helping our clubs charity foundation can end up with such a debate.

I congratulate the authors on their efforts which will help both targets ie the truth and our charity.

So I salute the athours and all other involved in getting this book published.

You see Im rather like those having a wee go on this thread, as I do little to promote the truth or fund the charity.

Once I start doing that then maybe I can have a wee go as well.

In the mean time well done everyone involved. (tu)

I asked a question re proceeds. One of the Authors got all furious and had a rant at a Rangers Website which does more to promote the truth than any other vehicle in the Rangers support. Furry trying to promote the truth is somewhat diluted when he legitimizes one of our many detractors as a nice guy when you get to know him and shares a beer with him.

Well done to those who wrote this book, even if 2 of them are fannies that actually weaken the support the majority of the time :)

I did try to make clear in my original reply to Frankie, there was no slight intended and I was only trying to make sure Bears knew where the cash went. However, Furry flung his skirt up in the air again and brought VB into something that was nothing to do with the website.

He's got an awful temper on him that fans rep chappy :angry:

Standing in the shadows as I am stood standing, it has indeed changed course since he appeared. I also went to great lengths to point out that posts are not made in a snide or sarcastic manner.

But you have to understand is that we mere ordinary Rangers fans ie without a public profile should really just toddle along and be grateful.

Fact....from day one of the announcement re this book........it was heralded that profit would be going to RCF, a noble and most worthy cause.

Fact ..you asked a question about said profit and would this be after anyone taking a cut from contributing.

Fact ..frankie answered you and you accepted that.Fact

A few other posters than took it a stage further as is the right on an open forum and made a couple of very good suggestions..Fact

The fury appeared and his response looked as if he had read posts from the most recent , instead of doing what any top journalist would have done........gone back to the opening posts to get an overview of things.

Book great and superb idea.......charity benefiting another great and superb idea.

But when the book is read and if it opens up for questions to be asked i hope the individuals concerned will answer them and how were the band of contributors chosen? Were they from a tight group, if so the views will be the same as every contributor.......why if they didn't do this not approach others from different groups to perhaps get another take on the goings on our club faced.

My initial reaction was liking it to the Broons and Oor Wullie Xmas specials, in that you are excited about getting your hands on it , only to discover it's made up from the previous years Sunday Posts.

Not saying this book will be like that, but it could be with a close knit and tight group writing their views.

Reason I asked was very simple. I have never heard of this book previously and as I said before, when the RST are involved, you can be sure the most divisive grubby fingers in all of the Rangers support would be involved.

Frankie replied within seconds to inform us what the score was. Furry replied within seconds and made a fool of himself again.

I did mention frankie answering you so quickly. I'm on snail reply mode from frankie and no mod from fury.............yet he chortled about someone saying mcmurdo banned him because this guy tweeted....bill you should not blog if you can't take people questioning your blogs.

I ordered the book straight away and will get the Kindle version also.............i'ts for a worthwhile cause. Fury needs to man up and realise not everyone will agree with what he says and his name calling to fellow Bears is shocking.

So to end in a lighter note...........going back to the launch pics, it will be a bigger challenge than placing the figure fro the Sgt Pepper cover as to who gets the center stage...............and it's also worth looking into the shadows to see who is lurking there.