RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

We are delighted to announce that the book will contain an exclusive interview with Lee Wallace on the events of last summer, his decision to stay with the club and his hopes and plans for the future. You can pre order the book via this link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Follow-We-Will-Fall-Rangers/dp/1908373687/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

55nvog.jpg

We are delighted to announce that the book will contain an exclusive interview with Lee Wallace on the events of last summer, his decision to stay with the club and his hopes and plans for the future. You can pre order the book via this link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Follow-We-Will-Fall-Rangers/dp/1908373687/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

55nvog.jpg

That is a great picture. Good luck with the book Chris, hope you guys raise plenty of dough for the RCF.

That is a great picture. Good luck with the book Chris, hope you guys raise plenty of dough for the RCF.

Thanks! Let's hope so. It will be uncomfortable reading for some as well....

Thanks! Let's hope so. It will be uncomfortable reading for some as well....

Who was mcmurdo getting at re ................

My readers know that attacking other Rangers bloggers is not my style but sad to say others don’t follow the same protocol.

Rather than engage in another Twitter spat with one particular blogger I will just use this platform here to offer a wee word of advice:

Earn your blazer the right way by being your own man and writing your own thoughts. If nobody respects you enough for that, then the blazer you lust for is not worth having.

What the whole episode needs is a totally independent and objective report by the fucking government as to what degree of corruption, criminality, breaches of contract by civil servants etc actually took place, and why so much taxpayers money was wasted by some government employees who are apparently not accountable.

Looking forward to reading this on holiday poolside in Majorca in mid July,always found The Rangers Standard writers very informative,with some brilliant blogs throughout the last turbulent year.I really hope the book is a success, infact i have no doubts it will be.Well done to all concerned.

The RangersStandard are about to publish a book about the fall then rise of Rangers.

I think it will be good to get a viewpoint on our last year or so from a fans viewpoint, not a media with an axe to grind or Celtic bloggers tarred with a sectarian brush.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Follow-We-Will-Fall-Rangers/dp/1908373687/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368131070&sr=1-1&keywords=follow+we+will

Will there be a kindle version buddy? And if so, when?

What does anyone think of this one?

http://www.amazon.co...aw/d/1845026357

Lisa works for the Press Association and chances are you'll have read many of her match reports in various places over the years.

Her book is sure to be a good read and should compliment ours pretty nicely actually. Lisa's is more about the last year in terms of the actual football and travelling while ours is more related to off-the-field stuff. Well worth buying both I'd fancy!

Lisa works for the Press Association and chances are you'll have read many of her match reports in various places over the years.

Her book is sure to be a good read and should compliment ours pretty nicely actually. Lisa's is more about the last year in terms of the actual football and travelling while ours is more related to off-the-field stuff. Well worth buying both I'd fancy!

Agree Frankie, I think Lisa's is more about the experience of visiting small grounds etc. They should certainly be complimentary. I very much doubt that Lisa has covered the same topics we have. ;-)

Agree Frankie, I think Lisa's is more about the experience of visiting small grounds etc. They should certainly be complimentary. I very much doubt that Lisa has covered the same topics we have. ;-)

That's superb news................pity about you not covering the small grounds in the book as it would have given another view of the journey.

Can't wait to get my copy the both books, great summertime reading (tu)

Whether you agree or not, the TRS tries very hard to provide balanced comment on the events at Rangers (and elsewhere). As one of the authors of the new book, I can honestly say that every one of the TRS contributors has worked hard to give a comprehensive, unbiased account of the last 16 months, but people should understand that each contributor has his/her own perspective on the many issues that have arisen.Some have criticised TRS for it's alleged opposition to Green - that's simply not true. I for one have published many articles on RM and TRS which have been overtly supportive of Charles Green. His contribution to the club has been immense. Like RM, TRS is a 'broad church' with many differing views, but it strives at all times to support Rangers and provide thoughtful and balanced opinions - but they are personal opinions nevertheless.I can CONFIRM that all of the proceeds from the book will go to charity. We were all canvassed on that very point, and each of us was happy to donate the income from the book to charity. I'm not sure which charity (or charities) will benefit, although I'm aware that thought is being given to the Rangers nominated charities.Buy the book; read it with an open mind and enjoy it. No, you won't agree with all that is written, but I suspect you'll conclude that it is a significant contribution to the Rangers story.

Because all proceeds will go to charity, I will buy and read this book with a very open mind.

Im so glad this book is coming out for a number of reasons and I really cant wait for the 4th of July - no I'm not going over to the States - thats my estimated delivery date from Amazon.

It so good a record of events will be out there in the public domain concerning the events at our club, rather than the egotistical and less than objective account from the Donegal based "journalist" , which received the following review in the Scotsman...

Downfall

Phil - The Failed Journalist

Frontline, £9.99

The sirens started to sound at the first of several references to Rangers supporters as “the Ibrox klan”. The author makes no attempt to disguise his hatred for Rangers, stating at one stage “please let this football club die”. And yet he yearns to be taken seriously as a journalist, repeatedly complaining that no-one from the mainstream media ever calls him. As the tale unravels, - The Failed Journalist starts to disappear up his own rear, declaring: “I am aware of my own contribution and I rather like the guy I see in the shaving mirror every morning.” These are two classic mistakes: believing you are the story, and wanting a story to be true. When it’s not.

In particular Im looking forward to reading the section on the media, which I understand will include some of the more prominent articles published at the time. I do hope that embarrasses some.. Knowing that their pre-judgemental and imbalanced articles are out there forevermore perhpas to be used as a "what not to do" by schools of journalism for years in the future

Also it will put to an end those who have been pressing me to write an account of the events. Therefore I have no more need for a proof reader.

"Govanblue...Youre Fired" !

Im so glad this book is coming out for a number of reasons and I really cant wait for the 4th of July - no I'm not going over to the States - thats my estimated delivery date from Amazon.

It so good a record of events will be out there in the public domain concerning the events at our club, rather than the egotistical and less than objective account from the Donegal based "journalist" , which received the following review in the Scotsman...

In particular Im looking forward to reading the section on the media, which I understand will include some of the more prominent articles published at the time. I do hope that embarrasses some.. Knowing that their pre-judgemental and imbalanced articles are out there forevermore perhpas to be used as a "what not to do" by schools of journalism for years in the future

Also it will put to an end those who have been pressing me to write an account of the events. Therefore I have no more need for a proof reader.

"Govanblue...Youre Fired" !

I have as mentioned elsewhere can't wait for this read and yes I really hope they do name names and furnish the proof.

I totally agree it is definitely an unfinished story. We've taken that into account whilst trying to give our take on what happened. As fans we can maybe be more plain speaking than others would be regarding our detractors and also try to look to an ideal future whether that will come about or not. We are really pleased with it. If it raises a good amount of money for the RCF whilst telling our side of the story then all the better.

I haven't got the time to read through this thread, but where can I get a copy of this and what price is it?

I know we had that wee debate last week, but am not one of the ones that has anything against youu personally, would be quite hard from behind a screen for starters

, I actually enjoy your writing, so wouldn't mind a copy of this.

And if the profits go to charity, even better.

Which charities btw? Am guessing the usual ones of the RCF and Erskine?

I haven't got the time to read through this thread, but where can I get a copy of this and what price is it?

I know we had that wee debate last week, but am not one of the ones that has anything against youu personally, would be quite hard from behind a screen for starters

, I actually enjoy your writing, so wouldn't mind a copy of this.

And if the profits go to charity, even better.

Which charities btw? Am guessing the usual ones of the RCF and Erskine?

You can pre-order it on Amazon at 9.99. Comes out at the start of July.