RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

I asked a question re proceeds. One of the Authors got all furious and had a rant at a Rangers Website which does more to promote the truth than any other vehicle in the Rangers support. Furry trying to promote the truth is somewhat diluted when he legitimizes one of our many detractors as a nice guy when you get to know him and shares a beer with him.

Well done to those who wrote this book, even if 2 of them are fannies that actually weaken the support the majority of the time :)

and when did you become the who you can and cant talk to police.

Perhaps its none of your business..

Here's a short FAQ for those interested:

http://www.theranger...books/book-faqs

When is the book available to buy?

Paper copies should be out around the 15th July and the electronic versions (Kindle, iTunes etc) at the same time or possibly just after. The book will officially be launched on the 29th July at Ibrox Stadium.

Where can I buy the book?

The book will be available from all good book shops and online via Amazon, Luath and Waterstones. You can already pre-order the book from these sites. Overseas bears can buy the book from Amazon.com

What's it about?

The book was written by Rangers fans, for Rangers fans in order to document the last two years from the supporters' perspective. We have various contributions from a wide variety of fans, journalists and club figures. Each fan submission was written by previous contributors to the TRS website.

Is money going to charity?

Yes, all author proceeds (a percentage of all sales) will be donated to the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Is this a charity book?

No, although we decided that donating the author proceeds was an extra bonus, the book was written primarily to give the Rangers fans' side of the story.

Who profits from the book?

Our publisher Luath Press has devoted lots of time and money into releasing the book so understandably any profits beyond the author royalties will go to them - after the usual production costs. The authors and those associated with 'The Rangers Standard' website do not profit.

Any other questions?

A press release shall be made available before launch but if anyone has questions please contact us at info@therangersstandard.co.uk

and when did you become the who you can and cant talk to police.

Perhaps its none of your business..

This is what happens when you come to folk seeking their money.

They want to know where it is going.

His opinions of Rangers Hating media people may help him decide whether to buy a book telling him what happened from a fans point of view, when he already seen what happened from a fans point of view, his own.

He might decide to just offer the RCF £10 directly and know where his money went.

But he is entitled to ask anything he see's relevant to his own situation when they come asking for his money.

It isn't wrong to ask where the money is going too, and ignoring or evading the answer just makes the point become more of an issues as it does open the door to people to question the motives.

People do not need to answer everything they are asked, but when they are going on the TV talking on behalf of the fans, writing books telling the fans what they experienced and generally acting like a twitter sheriff then they have to expect to be questioned.

If they do not like this path, then it is very simple, remove yourself from the limelight you seek.

Ignoring questions and picking and choosing what to answer is just asking for a backlash.

I won't be buying the book for many reasons, and have advised many fans asking me about it to donate straight to the RCF.

Just personal choice as i do not like the attitude a lot of the people involved, a couple are good guys though.

If people want to buy the book, no problem, that is up to them to do with their own money what they wish, but people are allowed to ask questions.

Paper copies should be out around the 15th July and the electronic versions (Kindle, iTunes etc) at the same time or possibly just after. The book will officially be launched on the 29th July at Ibrox Stadium.

The book will be available from all good book shops and online via Amazon, Luath and Waterstones. You can already pre-order the book from these sites.

What's it about?

The book was written by Rangers fans, for Rangers fans in order to document the last two years from the supporters' perspective. We have various contributions from a wide variety of fans, journalists and club figures. Each fan submission was written by previous contributors to the TRS website.

Yes, all author proceeds (a percentage of all sales) will be donated to the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Is this a charity book?

No, although we decided that donating the author proceeds was an extra bonus, the book was written primarily to give the Rangers fans' side of the story.

Our publisher Luath Press has devoted lots of time and money into releasing the book so understandably any profits beyond the author royalties will go to them - after the usual production costs. The authors and those associated with 'The Rangers Standard' website do not profit.

Any other questions?

A press release shall be made available before launch but if anyone has questions please contact us at info@therangersstandard.co.uk

Well....I think that is fair.

Any chance there will now be a calm on b*tch-slapping each other now? ;)

The book will be available from all good book shops and online via Amazon, Luath and Waterstones. You can already pre-order the book from these sites.

What's it about?

Is this a charity book?

Any other questions?

Commendable, and hopefully the Charity benefits more than anyone else.

Just one quick question

I understand the Author proceeds will go to the RCF - Well done

I understand the publisher wants to make a profit - Profit is not a dirty word in business, their business is books, entirely reasonable.

Will any of the authors be claiming expenses from this?

It's a genuine question

This is what happens when you come to folk seeking their money.

They want to know where it is going.

His opinions of Rangers Hating media people may help him decide whether to buy a book telling him what happened from a fans point of view, when he already seen what happened from a fans point of view, his own.

He might decide to just offer the RCF £10 directly and know where his money went.

But he is entitled to ask anything he see's relevant to his own situation when they come asking for his money.

It isn't wrong to ask where the money is going too, and ignoring or evading the answer just makes the point become more of an issues as it does open the door to people to question the motives.

People do not need to answer everything they are asked, but when they are going on the TV talking on behalf of the fans, writing books telling the fans what they experienced and generally acting like a twitter sheriff then they have to expect to be questioned.

If they do not like this path, then it is very simple, remove yourself from the limelight you seek.

Ignoring questions and picking and choosing what to answer is just asking for a backlash.

I won't be buying the book for many reasons, and have advised many fans asking me about it to donate straight to the RCF.

Just personal choice as i do not like the attitude a lot of the people involved, a couple are good guys though.

If people want to buy the book, no problem, that is up to them to do with their own money what they wish, but people are allowed to ask questions.

God you are me, with all the refinement I lack :matron:

Just one quick question

I understand the publisher wants to make a profit - Profit is not a dirty word in business, their business is books, entirely reasonable.

It's a genuine question

No, we will not be claiming expenses.

Just one quick question

It's a genuine question

you see I would answer this with a its none of your business.

You aint buying it so its fek all to do with you.

No, we will not be claiming expenses.

Excellent, well done.

You cannot expect the support to not be wary.

It will no doubt lead to other books being done, but the Charity seems to be the biggest benefactor after the publisher, this is a win for the RCF

you see I would answer this with a its none of your business.

You aint buying it so its fek all to do with you.

Fantastic attitude, i am sure that type of exposure will do the book sales the world of good.

I am glad you have pointed out that nobody is allowed to comment on anything they do not own.

No more comment for you on anything Rangers related because you are not buying Rangers you cannot comment.

Going by your bizarre logic.

Excellent, well done.

You cannot expect the support to not be wary.

It will no doubt lead to other books being done, but the Charity seems to be the biggest benefactor after the publisher, this is a win for the RCF

Glad you approve :lol:

Your interest in the workings and funding of RCF is commedable

Fantastic attitude, i am sure that type of exposure will do the book sales the world of good.

I am glad you have pointed out that nobody is allowed to comment on anything they do not own.

No more comment for you on anything Rangers related because you are not buying Rangers you cannot comment.

Going by your bizarre logic.

yes and Im interested in your interest on this subject.....mmmm

Why are Fury and yourself getting so uptight and aggressive? People have every right to know where their money is going and were merely asking and not insinuating. When you start screaming abuse, it makes people wonder why you're frothing at the eyeballs.

Take it easy, Frankie has been kind enough to give everyone the facts.

That's all Bears wanted.

lets just say I have my reasons....

I cant speak for Fury though.

Why are Fury and yourself getting so uptight and aggressive? People have every right to know where their money is going and were merely asking and not insinuating. When you start screaming abuse, it makes people wonder why you're frothing at the eyeballs.

Take it easy, Frankie has been kind enough to give everyone the facts.

That's all Bears wanted.

All it does is create suspicion, they they wonder why people have distaste for them.

Frankie is the only out of the lot of them that answered my questions.

For that he should be thanked, but hardly the ideal scenario for plugging a book, one man answering simple questions, the rest ignoring them.

Glad you approve :lol:

Your interest in the workings and funding of RCF is commedable

They are a charity, pretty straight forward how it works, it's how it gets there and who it goes through is the answer i had been trying to get, unsuccessfully.

Frankie has now answered them, which i suspected he would having met him briefly.

All it does is create suspicion, they they wonder why people have distaste for them.

Frankie is the only out of the lot of them that answered my questions.

For that he should be thanked, but hardly the ideal scenario for plugging a book, one man answering simple questions, the rest ignoring them.

Not everyone else is available. I'm lucky I have a few spare minutes.

yes and Im interested in your interest on this subject.....mmmm

I'm interested in where the money is going, the Author fees and the profits, someone is asking em to spend money on something i experienced with my own eyes, i am entitled to ask what would happen to the money.

It does beg the question as to why you are being overly agitated and aggressive about something that Frankie answered in about 5 words.

That is probably more interesting.

Not everyone else is available. I'm lucky I have a few spare minutes.

No they were talking on Twitter when they were asked, they were certainly free to talk, they just have selected responses and answer what they want.

Fair play to you for answering the questions asked.