Great article from Jeff Randall

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article and hes spot on, football down here has become a lesuire activity for those middle class people who want to appear like they get it but they really dont. They will pay the money for the prestige of being at a game but they are not football supporters more like trendys who think Premiership football is a gateway to celebrity. Rangers is a real club with real supporters, no plastics here :uk:

I don't like our fans being called "defiant". We buy tickets to support our Club not piss off Scottish football.

I do both. I support my club and like pissing off the Scottish football authorities and media.

And it was a good article. Good to see some big media names sticking up for us.

Thanks for posting it.

I don't like our fans being called "defiant". We buy tickets to support our Club not piss off Scottish football.

I think the point he made is, they tried to kill us, but as long as Rangers has fans like us, (to use a phrase from Andy Gray at Ibrox) We Will Never Die.

Good read except the Thatcher bit.

Thatcher bit was accurate. Whilst some were partying on the streets - Rangers fans to their credit remained fairly silent on the matter showing respect to someone with whom many agreed.

Many other fans vehemently disagreed with Thatcher but remained respectful which I believe was the point Randall was making..

Just waiting for the SNP mob and handwringers to find fault with the article.

The article is great but why bring the "SNP mob" into it? Scottish Labour is fucking riven to the rafters with micks but no mention of them eh? do you believe we are important to the vast majority of people in England? If you think we are your living in a dream world pal. The people in the south east corner of England control what we get (Tories) and they run this country to suit themselves,but your happy with that are you? Bet you vote for the Oirish Labour stab you in the back gang....Oh the ignorance of it all!!

Thatcher bit was accurate. Whilst some were partying on the streets - Rangers fans to their credit remained fairly silent on the matter showing respect to someone with whom many agreed.

Many other fans vehemently disagreed with Thatcher but remained respectful which I believe was the point Randall was making..

The Thatcher bit was no where near accurate.