A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

I was just annoyed I didn't get the chance to read that thread :P It dissapeared after i read page 1 :(

Did you ever see the episode of The Young Ones where Rick got furious with Vyvyan after he mildly insulted Felicity Kendal? Or The New Statesman when Piers Fletcher-Dervish went tonto at Alan B'Stard for insulting the Queen? That's what it was like.

And to keep this on topic, Fury went a little OTT in expressing his annoyance that a girl who had blogged to explain why she had joined the RST was being treated a little unkindly on here.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...In your opinion.

Threads are only locked for valid reasons. Keep the discussion about supporter unity please.

That's the bit I dont understand Darche.

If there is nothing wrong with the Opening Post then why should the original writer suffer his/her work being ruined ?

If a thread where the opening post is acceptable is locked - surely it is down then to the conduct and behaviour of those responding to it. There are forum rules and if persons cant abide by them surely it is the role of admin to address such miscreant behaviour on an individual basis, rather than lock a thread and thus deprive everyone else the opportunity to respond to it.

...In your opinion.

Threads are only locked for valid reasons. Keep the discussion about supporter unity please.

Locked, yes. I can see that. But to delete the whole thread?

It looked like someone re-read what he'd typed and asked you to delete the thread to spare his embarrassment.

The fans need to be united, all this in-fighting does us no good at all, one of the biggest issues seems to be between Rangersmedia and Follow Follow, and its pointless if you ask me, whats the point in fighting with fans who all share the love of Rangers.

Nope. Stay on topic!

I missed much of the content of the original post but why have you come into one particular thread to close it when others continue untouched? I don't agree with much of what is posted (eg the Gail thread on behalf of the RST ) but I just move on. It appears that you are now censoring in accordance with your own view, is that correct? I just find it odd that this thread gets "pulled" due to posts straying "off topic" yet others are unaffected.

Locked, yes. I can see that. But to delete the whole thread?

It looked like someone re-read what he'd typed and asked you to delete the thread to spare his embarrassment.

I wasn't aware it had been deleted, so I can't comment on that.

Back on topic, the whole idea of fan unity is something I used to write about years ago, but looking back, I realise there was so much nonsense I hadn't seen yet.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the RST, for whatever reason, but what can the RST actually do to resolve these issues?

People in Scotland in particular, don't seem to let go of grudges, so I can't see how 'unity' could ever come to be.

The very word itself has been abused by various factions/sub-groups, who claimed to seek it, yet excluded other groups from joining them!

I'm not a member of the RST, so I'm unaware of what they have attempted to do to gain the support, or trust, of the majority of the online supporters.

What should they do? What can they do?

Did you ever see the episode of The Young Ones where Rick got furious with Vyvyan after he mildly insulted Felicity Kendal? Or The New Statesman when Piers Fletcher-Dervish went tonto at Alan B'Stard for insulting the Queen? That's what it was like.

And to keep this on topic, Fury went a little OTT in expressing his annoyance that a girl who had blogged to explain why she had joined the RST was being treated a little unkindly on here.

Let's get one thing straight..........I am no Queen.......see what I did there.

Buzz - RangersMedia (the website), does not have its own opinion on supporter related matters.

The "owners and operators" of the website have their own individual opinions, and I cannot speak for others, but, my relationship with other forums is healthy as far as I'm aware.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for is not possible, nor necessary in my opinion.

RangersMedia is so popular because individuals like you and I can speak freely, within legal reason, without fear of opinionated moderation.

That's not true, threads have been locked or deleted because some people didn't like them.

I wasn't aware it had been deleted, so I can't comment on that.

Back on topic, the whole idea of fan unity is something I used to write about years ago, but looking back, I realise there was so much nonsense I hadn't seen yet.

I know a lot of people have a problem with the RST, for whatever reason, but what can the RST actually do to resolve these issues?

People in Scotland in particular, don't seem to let go of grudges, so I can't see how 'unity' could ever come to be.

The very word itself has been abused by various factions/sub-groups, who claimed to seek it, yet excluded other groups from joining them!

I'm not a member of the RST, so I'm unaware of what they have attempted to do to gain the support, or trust, of the majority of the online supporters.

As Mark Dingwall is so clearly a very divisive factor, perhaps he should withdraw from any participation in the RST for the greater good of the fan-base. Follow Follow doesn't do much to promote unity either. I think I see a connection there !!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the Trust do or don't do, they'll always struggle to be seen as suitable by many bears. The same goes for the Assembly and Association. C'est la vie.

Nevertheless these fan groups and various websites have already worked together and will do so again. We just have to try and not rise to those who would rather wallow in perpetual negativity. Like I said earlier, the issue of division is worth discussing as it does cause problems but we have to be careful not to let the tail wag the dog here.

As Mark Dingwall is so clearly a very divisive factor, perhaps he should withdraw from any participation in the RST for the greater good of the fan-base. Follow Follow doesn't do much to promote unity either. I think I see a connection there !!!

If this was a game it would be called Connect 2, based on the man in question.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the Trust do or don't do, they'll always struggle to be seen as suitable by many bears. The same goes for the Assembly and Association. C'est la vie.

Nevertheless these fan groups and various websites have already worked together and will do so again. We just have to try and not rise to those who would rather wallow in perpetual negativity. Like I said earlier, the issue of division is worth discussing as it does cause problems but we have to be careful not to let the tail wag the dog here.

I have absolutely no idea what that means. As for divisions, they don't really exist. Most fans don't belong to any group, they don't pay heed to any blogger, and only want to see a team on the park. Because I use RM doesn't make me a part of RM, I only came on here because I once tried to join another forum and it seemed not possible; it certainly wasn't as easy as this to sign up to etc. I speak for myself and RM is only a platform for me to do that.

If there was unity between fans and fans 'groups' - fan ownership would be a viable option and something we should consider.

Would people agree with that?

Please explain this so called disunity, I only see many fans groups. I don't understand why we need so many of them, but we could have a hundred for all I care, I still wouldn't join one.

If there was unity between fans and fans 'groups' - fan ownership would be a viable option and something we should consider.

Would people agree with that?

My own view has always been, that if fan ownership ever came to pass, it would make the current squabbles seem like a walk in the park.

Re the negative side.............people will think of others being negative when they disagree with the person who thinks from what he/she thinks of from a positive stance and that negative person actually believes he is being positive.

If the above makes sense can you explain it to me :thumbup:

Please explain this so called disunity, I only see many fans groups. I don't understand why we need so many of them, but we could have a hundred for all I care, I still wouldn't join one.

I didnt say you had to join a fans group - I said if there was a unity beteween the fans and 'fans groups' - fans ownership would be a viable option.

Would you be a part of a push for fans ownership, similar to what we see in Germany? You dont have to join a fans group for that.