Performance Mode

bluepeter

We're currently looking at new options for server upgrades, as the current hamster is on its last legs and struggling to cope with demand. Meantime, you'll just have to bear with us as we do what we have to do to keep the site going. This will mean Performance Mode being on and off, we'll have the site running normally as often as we can, though.

We apologise, we know the site in Performance Mode is not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

BEARS DEN?

:shifty:

When I wrote the post I thought to add "do not let GB see this" :lol:

I have payed up to the sponsor fund again so probably OK

Yes

You've donated a lot already mate, govanblue has had plenty foreign holidays done a lot of good with the money he's raised. We should be ok just now without asking for more donations, I'm happy to let donations go toward gb's projects at the moment. We have advertising income to spend on the site, and we'll still be able to make donations to charity.

We'll get the begging bowls out if we need them, but your offer is appreciated (tu)

My ears are burning

Seriously - I do feel a bit guilty, because I've hijacked RM's normal donation process - but they told me not to worry about it. Fools!

I believe they have the money to cover their proposed server solutions though - but if they're struggling, I hope that they let us know, and I'm sure enough of us will step up and cough up.

Maybe Goat or someone could then set up an RM Server Support Trust? I'd gladly contribute (tu)

You've donated a lot already mate, govanblue has had plenty foreign holidays done a lot of good with the money he's raised. We should be ok just now without asking for more donations, I'm happy to let donations go toward gb's projects at the moment. We have advertising income to spend on the site, and we'll still be able to make donations to charity.

We'll get the begging bowls out if we need them, but your offer is appreciated (tu)

Don't buy the server at the barras this time, it might last longer. :pipe:

Search functions, PMs, viewing profiles, some info is lost regarding last post you've read, so every thread you read can start from the beginning. It's more of an issue on the mobile site, which is where a huge amount of our traffic comes from.

I'm going to try to keep it running as well as I can, but the server load is up and down so often it's hard to keep up.

What happened to Badger?

What server(s) are you currently using? Processor power, memory, disk space, network spec? etc.

I don't know what tech support you're getting but you don't always have to throw money at a problem to fix it. Are you you dealing with reputable professionals?

Sorry of these are insulting questions.

What server(s) are you currently using? Processor power, memory, disk space, network spec? etc.

I don't know what tech support you're getting but you don't always have to throw money at a problem to fix it. Are you you dealing with reputable professionals?

Sorry of these are insulting questions.

Without going into too much technical detail (mainly because I don't know any! :craphead: ), we do need a new server. We're also changing how we store the database, which should mean a big improvement.

We're dealing with people who know what they're doing, we should have the new server up and running within two weeks (tu)

We're currently looking at new options for server upgrades, as the current hamster is on its last legs and struggling to cope with demand. Meantime, you'll just have to bear with us as we do what we have to do to keep the site going. This will mean Performance Mode being on and off, we'll have the site running normally as often as we can, though.

We apologise, we know the site in Performance Mode is not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

the hamsters on its last legs?? poor thing :(

BP how do you make income personally if your a moderator most of the day? Can you get enough from advertising to run the site and pay thr mods? That's probably a question for all moderators on football sites. Always wondered.