Super wants another 5/6 players

KingKirk

I think complacency set in for a number of players last season (particularly Black, Shiels and Hutton).

Bigger squad equals more competition, which should keep players on their toes with replacements when others are breathing down their necks.

Just hope that it continues to be a good quality of player with sell on value and that Ally doesn't bankrupt us with it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheer madness there is no need for this outlay on players for SFL2 if a young talented player comes along and you can sign him fair enough but the most of these signings so far aren't exactly top quality.

Try telling the Super Ally brigade on here that. Everything he does is justified and a fantastic idea.

McCoist will have us skint again in no time, shame we didn't have someone capable of saying no to him, that he has enough players now to win the second division, and if he cannot win the second division with a team full of SPL players and promising youngsters with a hard season in the third under their belt then he should do the decent thing and get tae.

Agreed.

Agreed.

If Goian and Boca come back and we don't lose any players we will have a first team squad of 36 players for SFL 2, QoS and Alloa combined had 45 including two player managers so 43 players. Why do we need 7 less players than the top TWO teams from last year COMBINED in order to be competitive?

Doesn't look good for some of our yougsters who were on the periphery, ie crawford and mitchell etc no doubt they be back playing for the swifts.

If Goian and Boca come back and we don't lose any players we will have a first tgeam squad of 36 players for SFL 2, QoS and Alloa combined had 45 including two player managers so 43 players. Why do we need 7 less players than the top TWO teams from last year COMBINED in order to be competitive?

Folk will say Ally is pushing for what he can get but why would anyone with Rangers best interests at heart want to have a wage bill that high?

Maybe the criticism has went to his head but buying success won't wash with the fans who don't have their head up his arse.

We might have to use bocanegra and goian at the start of the season due to lack of numbers,both players will probably leave at the end of August ,mccoist will not want to get off to a bad start ,so having these 2 players available for the start of the season will be a bonus and a big help for ally .

Folk will say Ally is pushing for what he can get but why would anyone with Rangers best interests at heart want to have a wage bill that high?

Maybe the criticism has went to his head but buying success won't wash with the fans who don't have their head up his arse.

McCoist already stated openly on camera that he would spend whatever he could to keep himself and Durrant and Mcdowall in a job. I worry we will run out of cash, it's common knowledge we do not have a credit facility. Extremely worrying.

Fuck me, this reminds me of the season where neil Lennon signed anyone. & everyone.

Remember "we sign any cunt.com".

This is what McCoist is doing.

Ricky foster, yes that cunt, is one player McCoist wants back plus Miller will be here in August.

Do we not know any more than 1 player outside of Britain?

....How much is this wage bill?....

McCoist already stated openly on camera that he would spend whatever he could to keep himself and Durrant and Mcdowall in a job. I worry we will run out of cash, it's common knowledge we do not have a credit facility. Extremely worrying.

It's not all his fault, I sincerely hope Mather is on top of our finances but it's alarming Ally thinks he needs that amount of players for a shitey league.

Fuck me, this reminds me of the season where neil Lennon signed anyone. & everyone.

Remember "we sign any cunt.com".

This is what McCoist is doing.

Ricky foster, yes that cunt, is one player McCoist wants back plus Miller will be here in August.

Do we not know any more than 1 player outside of Britain?

It is getting a bit silly.

In this scenario then we should expect a clearout any time soon as SFL rules only allow us to register 22 players over the age of 21.

I reckon we already have 17 players contracted for next season over 21 (Bell, Gallagher, Wallace, Cribari, Bocanegra, Goian, Perry, Faure, Argyriou, Black, Hutton, Law, Templeton, Shiels, Little, Daly, McCulloch) and Smith and Peralta would take that up to 19 when they officially sign.

Ally saying he wants Alexander to re-sign and Goian/Bocanegra to stay as well as signing another 5 or 6 players doesn't add up unless there are quite a few leaving. Or if we won't be playing under SFL rules!

another 30 grand a week on the wage bill on top of what we have the now

fucking yas

Yeah but taking account of Sandaza and kyles wage plus bocanegra, Alexander and goian (assuming we manage to shift them) that' more than covers that cost....still think we should be focussing on more sustainable and long term goals such as youth development, scouting etc than overloading the squad but I don't think the wage bill will be a concern (in relation to our current and projected budget).

another 30 grand a week on the wage bill on top of what we have the now

fucking yas

It's a disgrace and embarassment that we need this level of expenditure to win a part time league .

I will be renewing my season ticket but can't help but be pissed off by that shit chat by ally " we need bodies in "etc . Another wasted year I think but hey ho

I would only be tempted to bring in international quality now. Team good enuff to win 2nd and1st division hopefully. Bring on the youth instead. I would also be happy with McFadden and the mfc cb. Shaun whateverhisname