Platini, The Greatest Ever French Player ?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thierry Henry.

Manuel Amoros.

...but you've gotta have Giresse in there.

Henry was the handy player. You are right.

I'll add Giresse to the list of 8 now, as it was only off the top of my head.

Last one was the voted best player at two world cup tournaments.

Luis Fernandez too. France 1982 vintage are one of my favourite teams.

That midfield was special, totally controlled matches and were a joy to watch, shame about the old French failing of poor defence back then.

My last player played in the great Real Madrid team of the 50s.

That is pathetic. :lol:

Was a bit bored, it was either starting a meandering thread or watching Britain's got talent.

Wife gave me running commentary on BGT regardless, and made me watch the shadow people who were actually really good.

Only Zidane is in conversation. Look at Platini stats, during his career he scored more goals playing as a mid than Trezeguet or Papin playing as a striker, even though they played more games. Even Henry has worse goals to games ratio than Platini, and he was supposed to be like what, best striker in the world for few seasons? Also he won shitload of trophies, including Best Player of the World award twice, Ballon D'or, won Champions League, won Euro. And some say Evra is better, niceee

Only Zidane is in conversation. Look at Platini stats, during his career he scored more goals playing as a mid than Trezeguet or Papin playing as a striker, even though they played more games. Even Henry has worse goals to games ratio than Platini, and he was supposed to be like what, best striker in the world for few seasons? Also he won shitload of trophies, including Best Player of the World award twice, Ballon D'or, won Champions League, won Euro. And some say Evra is better, niceee

Of course best Platini is one of the two best players ever. Pity he's not so great as President of UEFA, was just having a dig and a bit of fun cause he recently suggested Rangers were bankrupt.

Go on then, best Polish player ever, Boniek, Lato, Deyna.......... ?

Belgium is in France anyway.

Not sure if the Congo is though.

There was a Belgian Congo and a French Congo till 1960, both now independent.

Go on then, who was the greatest Congo player. I'll start with Moukila.

Out of interest, were you around in the 50's to see Fontaine and Kopa play?

No, but have seen some footage of Fontaine in the World Cup and Kopa in the great Real Madrid team and you cant argue with their achievements.