Just back from San Francisco NARSA Convention

I'm firmly on family duty in NY to earn my pass for Toronto but I'll happily buy you one at NARSA. ;)

Deal

My boy lives in Brooklyn, hence the wee trip there beforehand.

Not done a NARSA since Houston and I think I took about 15 years off my liver's life

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time at NARSA Convention and it was absolutely superb.It was like one big happy Rangers family with every one getting on so well{unlike on here).There were so many highlights but for me, marching over the Golden Gate Bridge behind GPB was pretty awesome.I was on the open top bus that took the band to the bridge and they performed a few well known songs on the top of the bus

and the locals stared on in amazement, they had never quite seen anything like it.

The Convention night was also memorable and Craig Mathers gave an impressive speech as did Ally.I must give a special mention to Ally as he stood for over three hours getting photos taken with the fans and he was so sincere in his praise of the Rangers supporters.I really hope he can turn it round this season. It was a great opportunity to make new friends and catch up with old ones. I met so many guys from KP and Plantation and in particular caught up with my oldest pal Davy Currie.Davy was in fine form and it was great to see a true friend again.

I roomed with my cousin Christines husband Alan Armour and we had a brilliant time and even had the opportunity to take in a gig at the Great American Music Hall to see Chuck Prophet who was superb. I met some great guys from the Fraserburgh Loyal but everyone you met was so friendly and it made you at times feel quite emotional about the love for our club.

I would urge any Rangers fan who is thinking about going to a NARSA event to go for it .You wont be disappointed.

WATP

Where ur ye ?

:sherlock:

Yes I did, with my mother Cathy, my brother Finlay, neice Giliian and nephew Robert. I have fond memories of going on big SD bus and it was at the start of our golden era{9 in a row) When Stuart was on form there was nobody funnier. I met Davy Gillan on a couple of occasions at the Convention.Davy is a cracking guy. Do I know you?

yes you do , i was in a few quiz teams with yourself and davy, davy is just home now as i text his mate who was with him

Might be a stupid question but do the band play when the Rangers officials like Mather etc are sitting there? :D

Welcome to Rangers Mr Mather ha

yes they play on the friday night and theres a wee sash bash on the friday as well, fancy the world cup next summer?

yes they play on the friday night and theres a wee sash bash on the friday as well, fancy the world cup next summer?

Thinking about it mate. If I have a good couple of months business wise it could be in the pipeline - you looked into any deals?

Thinking about it mate. If I have a good couple of months business wise it could be in the pipeline - you looked into any deals?

not yet but flights wont be out for wee while

tickets come out in august to apply , thinking of 2 weeks in rio with any games in or near there but i will fly from toronto down then head straight home from rio

not yet but flights wont be out for wee while

tickets come out in august to apply , thinking of 2 weeks in rio with any games in or near there but i will fly from toronto down then head straight home from rio

Give me a shout when the prices come out mate

My first time at NARSA Convention and it was absolutely superb.It was like one big happy Rangers family with every one getting on so well{unlike on here).There were so many highlights but for me, marching over the Golden Gate Bridge behind GPB was pretty awesome.I was on the open top bus that took the band to the bridge and they performed a few well known songs on the top of the bus

and the locals stared on in amazement, they had never quite seen anything like it.

The Convention night was also memorable and Craig Mathers gave an impressive speech as did Ally.I must give a special mention to Ally as he stood for over three hours getting photos taken with the fans and he was so sincere in his praise of the Rangers supporters.I really hope he can turn it round this season. It was a great opportunity to make new friends and catch up with old ones. I met so many guys from KP and Plantation and in particular caught up with my oldest pal Davy Currie.Davy was in fine form and it was great to see a true friend again.

I roomed with my cousin Christines husband Alan Armour and we had a brilliant time and even had the opportunity to take in a gig at the Great American Music Hall to see Chuck Prophet who was superb. I met some great guys from the Fraserburgh Loyal but everyone you met was so friendly and it made you at times feel quite emotional about the love for our club.

I would urge any Rangers fan who is thinking about going to a NARSA event to go for it .You wont be disappointed.

WATP

Was indeed a great week.

Mr Mather doesn't like a pertanent question being asked at the Q&A though.... :(

Hope you got your programmes or I'll have to sack the postie!.... ;)

Think we'll bring Mr Smith himself with us next year!

Was indeed a great week.

Mr Mather doesn't like a pertanent question being asked at the Q&A though.... :(

What was the question FS ? Did he take the huff ?

What was the question FS ? Did he take the huff ?

Wouldn't say he took the huff as such but he was certainly taken aback.

The question was:

"Given that even a cursory glance of Charles business career would have revealed a history littered with the destruction of hundreds of millions of pounds of shareholder value, what did Charles Green promise you in order to get you to invest and what was the price in pence per share of that investment?"

He replied he had the chance to invest in Leeds or Rangers.

Chose Rangers after spending a couple of hours at Ibrox and seeing the Trophy Room and Blue Room.

That Charles Green promised him nothing.

Ignored the latter part totally.

WATP

Awww it is so great to read these kind of stories...this is one trip I have yet to make....but I definitely will.

Was indeed a great week.

Got my programmes, tell your lovely postie thanks very much. Hope you enjoyed the Convention as much as we did.