If Hearts newco...

Buzz

“At this moment in time we are wounded, there’s no doubt about it and there are probably one or two people out there enjoying it.

“Maybe one or two people having a wee fly kick.

“I would suggest to them to have a right good kick just now because we won’t be where we are for long.

“I don’t want to elaborate on who has had a kick at us, it will just go down avenues I don’t want to go down.

“Let’s just say, while we’re down there we’re having a look up and we’re seeing what we’re seeing.”

A McCoist, Legend, Player, Manager

Hope those fuckers enjoyed their kick

Aint Karma a fucking Bitch

I think that has to be the best quote ever from my hero , even better than the struth ones

Thank goodness we had ally fighting our corner

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts are in an even more dangerous situation than we were in, for couple of reasons, first they do not have our fan base to see them through and secondly they do not own their stadium, hence if they newco they're more or less fucked.

Be interesting to see how many 'SPL' teams fans threaten to not renew season tickets and boycott matches if Hearts are not ejected from the top tier.

As they were all consumed with 'sporting integrity' last year it would surely be hypocritcal to act otherwise.

I understand your point about the damage being done to the whole of Scottish football but I disagree with you about where the blame lies. You are implying that Rangers and the Rangers support must stop their actions before irreversible destruction occurs. No sir, from what I have seen in the last two years neither Rangers or its support are to blame for what has happened. Rangers accepted the results of administration and liquidation without adversely affecting the way the ruling bodies choose to run Scottish football. The Rangers fans did what fans are supposed to do they supported their team to the fullest extent they could. So far no blame attaches to Rangers or its fans.

On the other hand we have Liewell and his cabal. They persuaded the teams in the SPL that the best route for Scottish football was to refuse to renew Rangers' SPL membership because of liquidation. The SPL teams also accepted their payment from their share of the prize money withheld from Rangers. Since Rangers don't have a vote as an associate member of the SFL, they were not invited to any gatherings that took place to decide the fate of Scottish football reconstruction. Up to this point no blame attaches to Rangers or its fans.

The SFL1 teams accepted the increased moneys on offer from the ruling bodies for reconstruction. The rest of the SFL perhaps reluctantly went along with them. Rangers and their fans had no say in the final vote on reconstruction, so no blame attaches to them.

The bulk of the money available for these trickle down payments is to come from the second placed team in the SPL ( or whatever the highest league will be known as). Now as I read the situation, the whole of Scottish football is now set up for the benefit of one team - the highest league champions. Perhaps that team could be asked to share its prize money with the rest of Scottish football so that we can have teams able to present a more equitable challenge to them on the field of play. This may allow other teams to have the chance to enter the Champion's League qualifiers instead of that team, in the name of 'sporting integrity' to be sure.

I wish you luck in your quest to provide a more level playing field for all of Scottish football. Maybe you could start by getting a fair and balanced approach from the ruling bodies, or the cabal. I am, however, damned sure you will not find the answer by laying the blame at the feet of Rangers or its fans.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

This is probably one of the reason they wanted the reconstruction to go through so quickly. 1. They knew a few SPL clubs are in trouble 2 they knew that more than half the SFL 1 clubs are in trouble. Morton were set to become a PT team next season until this happened, you just have to look at Dunfermline, Hamilton, Falkirk, Aberdeen etc . Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, St Mirren etc. These leagues are totally fecked and will do well next season to recover or even challenge before reconstruction

I understand your point about the damage being done to the whole of Scottish football but I disagree with you about where the blame lies. You are implying that Rangers and the Rangers support must stop their actions before irreversible destruction occurs. No sir, from what I have seen in the last two years neither Rangers or its support are to blame for what has happened. Rangers accepted the results of administration and liquidation without adversely affecting the way the ruling bodies choose to run Scottish football. The Rangers fans did what fans are supposed to do they supported their team to the fullest extent they could. So far no blame attaches to Rangers or its fans.

On the other hand we have Liewell and his cabal. They persuaded the teams in the SPL that the best route for Scottish football was to refuse to renew Rangers' SPL membership because of liquidation. The SPL teams also accepted their payment from their share of the prize money withheld from Rangers. Since Rangers don't have a vote as an associate member of the SFL, they were not invited to any gatherings that took place to decide the fate of Scottish football reconstruction. Up to this point no blame attaches to Rangers or its fans.

The SFL1 teams accepted the increased moneys on offer from the ruling bodies for reconstruction. The rest of the SFL perhaps reluctantly went along with them. Rangers and their fans had no say in the final vote on reconstruction, so no blame attaches to them.

The bulk of the money available for these trickle down payments is to come from the second placed team in the SPL ( or whatever the highest league will be known as). Now as I read the situation, the whole of Scottish football is now set up for the benefit of one team - the highest league champions. Perhaps that team could be asked to share its prize money with the rest of Scottish football so that we can have teams able to present a more equitable challenge to them on the field of play. This may allow other teams to have the chance to enter the Champion's League qualifiers instead of that team, in the name of 'sporting integrity' to be sure.

I wish you luck in your quest to provide a more level playing field for all of Scottish football. Maybe you could start by getting a fair and balanced approach from the ruling bodies, or the cabal. I am, however, damned sure you will not find the answer by laying the blame at the feet of Rangers or its fans.

Fantastic post

The SPL is fucked, with or without Hearts. Having no Edinburgh derby won't make a great deal of difference either way.

I remember seeing viewing figures from last season. The first Edinburgh derby of the season only attracted about 30,000 viewers.

These figures were posted all over the forums. I'm sure others will remember.

You highlight the fact the Highland derby won't sell out. Have you actually watched an Edinburgh derby recently? I can't remember the last time it was a sell-out.

Don't particuarly care what happens to Hearts but it would be best for them to go newco/div 3 and rebuild.

Staying in the spl with minus -15 points and a weakened squad will only mean they go down next season, and the season after next we'll win spfl 1 so that's minimum of 2 season's out of the spl anyway.

As for the spl vote they make themselves look like hypocrites if they don't vote Hearts out. The stick used to beat Rangers was sporting integrity. If they vote different for Hearts then the mask slips and it's proved what we already know that Rangers were voted out due to hatred.

I've noticed over the past few years with kids at my girls school and friends boys that Chelsea,Man U and Man City are the teams of choice.

As i've said before summer football is a market we could tap into.No football so SKY may pay handsomely and also for a few months takes kids sights away from the Premiership.

All we're doing is moving the deckchairs on the Titanic instead of looking at what the game really needs..We can't change the weather but can change when we play,the coaches who coach,the stadia we play in,the ridiculous amount of teams in such a small country,the training facilities we train on and the silly prices we pay.

The German league has flourished in the past 5-10 years cos they totally revamped the whole system as did the Belgians and their game has improved yet what do we do..a few play off's and inviting even more teams to join 20 or 30 who can't generate Sunday league crowds between them and have facilities you would scoff at if you visited them abroad.

Excellent post. Can't disagree with much of that at all.

What I must say is that this must be a wonderful advert for this new revolutionary set up. Less than a week after the vote the 3rd biggest team in the country declares intention to go into administration.

Ha ha bloody ha.

Can anyone guess what income hearts would normally get with us visiting their ground twice? Bet that alone couldve prevented this. An ever better comeuppance would be a few more teams go the same way but during the season-that would fuck the points tallys up

If they get liquidated then they will come back, to the third division.

What happens if they start the season in Administration but get liquidated part way through???

That'll provide an interesting dilemma for the geniuses currently running Scottish football.