Ps4 or xbox one

bigmunsen

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my PS4 ordered. May have already been mentioned but Sony only guaranteeing release day delivery on stock ordered before 05/08/2013. After that consoles are despatched to those next in the order queue!

Ordered mine from Very who can only promise before Christmas at the moment!! I can't wait until then though if needs be.....I think!

Stock of Microsoft's Xbox One Day One Edition is now running low in the UK, a survey of UK retailers suggests.

Many chains are now sold out of the console's Day One Edition, while stock of the standard version (which does not include the free FIFA 14 download) is not guaranteed for launch.

GAME is only stocking the console's Day One Edition in a £614.98 bundle with Call of Duty: Ghosts' Prestige Edition.

The special version of COD: Ghosts costs £179.99 on its own and includes a 1080p HD digital camera.

It's a similar situation at ShopTo, where the Day One Edition is available only in a number of bundles. These range in price from £489 (includes Battlefield 4 and £15 Microsoft Store credit) up to £575 (includes Ryse, Watch Dogs, £10 Store credit and an extra Xbox One controller).

We've found just four chains with the Day One Edition still in stock outside of a bundle - Currys, GameStop, Blockbuster and Asda - the latter two of which require a £20 deposit.

You can also still reserve a Day One Edition through Microsoft itself.

Amazon sold out of the Day One Edition a few weeks ago. Like GAME, you can pre-order a standard edition of the console but there is no guarantee of when it will arrive.

Zavvi appears to be in the same boat, with no guarantee of launch day delivery for consoles pre-ordered after 19th August. Very shows the same message for orders placed after 23rd August.

Tesco - which had stock up until last weekend - is now sold out, as is Toys R Us.

Attempting to pre-order the console at Sainsbury's now brings up a removed item page, suggesting it has sold out there, too.

Microsoft has yet to set a UK release date for Xbox One - we only know that it will be sometime in November.

PlayStation 4 has been effectively sold out in the UK since 6th August. No retailer has been able to guarantee launch stock since that date.

Remember... if you don't pre-order the day one edition, you won't get FIFA for free!

PS4 for me I have owned just about every console released in the last 20 years. I still have the original xbox xbmc modded and the 360 that suffered from RROD. I fixed the RROD 360 myself by putting two penniies wrapped in electrical tape over the four padded chips to dissipate heat from the mobo it runs hot but hasn't RROD since. I'm getting the PS4 at launch it seems a very capable machine 1.84 terraflops gpgpu, 8GB GDDR5 unified system memory, a 500gb swapable hard drive upgradeable upto 2tb. the xbox one not as impressive 1.33 terraflops, 8GB DDR3 2300mhz not unified, 500gb hard drive not upgradable, kinect sensor bleuch.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft advising xbox one owners NOT to stand the console up vertically.

Is that about 30-0 to Sony now?...

Okay, not really that relevant, but still.

Sony have been flawless in all but one area and its been solved. And that was users being unable to capture gameplay and upload it to the likes of Youtube. I think Sony tried to cut a deal with Youtube to get money from Playstation footage but eventually gave in. Maybe they realised gameplay footage is free advertisement and would only increase revenue?... I knew that problem would be fixed as Sony would be hesitent to let Microsoft get even a shred of leverage back their way.

ps, I'd like it if Sega decided to have one last throw of the dice but it'll never happen. (Nostalgia taking over as i've been playing some Mega Drive games today. Ah, good times, good games.)

Little word for those of you buying the PS4 at/near launch. You'll get a upgrade to the PS4 version of games (digital copy) provided you bought the PS3 version new for £10. Only applies to a handful of the AAA titles (CoD, Battlefield etc) but still a nice gesture.

As for the consoles themselves my views haven't changed - PS4. Most of my mates are going that way and I'm big on multiplayer and I simply believe Sony will deliver a better library of exclusive content for me (MS have a tendency to start strong and tale off and their mix of games lacks variety for me).

A link to the current results of the Gamespot Twitter Console War...

http://uk.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/

It updates regularly and as it stands, out of 132k votes the Playstation has 114k. Ouch!

It also divides it up to show what each country is voting for which is quite cool.

89% of those who voted in the UK voted for the PS4.

Both consoles look far behind anything current gen pc's can do. I think I will be sticking with the PC as it has a MUCH MUCH larger game catalogue and backwords compatibility with old games

Both consoles are far behind a very good specced PC, But at £350 & £429 what can you expect.

Both consoles look far behind anything current gen pc's can do. I think I will be sticking with the PC as it has a MUCH MUCH larger game catalogue and backwords compatibility with old games

Hmm not sure I agree with you mate when you say current gen pc's I would think that only really applies to say the top 5% of pc's and certainly not a £350 pc. I paid £650 a while back for an i5 3770 8gb ddr3 and a gtx 660 and while it can run games like warframe and planetside 2 on high settings I wouldn't have wanted to be exlusive to pc. Whilst I agree about the back catalogue on pc I would have missed out on cracking games like God of war 3,the uncharted series,the last of us and beyond two souls. And that's just a couple off the top of my head. p.s I have played beyond two souls I got a demo code from the u.s playstation store it was stunning it could have easily been on ps4.

I think I'll just wait for the steambox to be the game changer

Whos going to buy it? PC gamers will already have a good PC to play on, No way will console gamers give up games like Forza, GT & Uncharted...I cannot see this Valve machine being popular.

Whos going to buy it? PC gamers will already have a good PC to play on, No way will console gamers give up games like Forza, GT & Uncharted...I cannot see this Valve machine being popular.

Well its stupid in this day and age that you should need to shell out 400 quid just to play 1 or 2 exclusives. Especially when they could look a lot better graphics wise on a pc.

Not only that but most of the exclusive games these days aren't even that great in the grand scheme of things. I mean uncharted looked nice but it wasn't exactly groundbreaking gameplay wise, more like a nice film with lots of spectacular set peices.

I mean whats the ps4 release everyone is talking about here, Killzone? Are you shitting me. There is way better FPS games out there than fucking killzone

Well its stupid in this day and age that you should need to shell out 400 quid just to play 1 or 2 exclusives. Especially when they could look a lot better graphics wise on a pc.

Not only that but most of the exclusive games these days aren't even that great in the grand scheme of things. I mean uncharted looked nice but it wasn't exactly groundbreaking gameplay wise, more like a nice film with lots of spectacular set peices.

I mean whats the ps4 release everyone is talking about here, Killzone? Are you shitting me. There is way better FPS games out there than fucking killzone

Killzone is pretty gash but you have to remember that it's a launch the console is not 5 years into it's life. You only get much better graphics on PC if you spend much more than £349 or £429 which is what the new consoles will cost.

Good chance this Steambox will come out and you'd be able to buy a better specced PC for the money! That's what's happening with the other PC gaming box.

You have to remember that the majority of console gamers are kids or casuals.. who either don't have the means to or simply aren't interested in paying hundreds of pounds more for better graphics. I dare say a good chunk of that demographic wouldn't even notice the difference unless you had them running side by side.

Consoles are all about being easy to use... accessibility is why consoles are the most popular (traditional) platform for gaming. You sit the box under your TV, you stick a disc in the drive, sit your arse on a couch and off you go... You don't have to worry about compatibility issues(hardware, drivers etc) or tweeking settings to find the optimal performance level for your system.

I don't think you should be dismissinng the impact console exclusive games have either.. there's some huge titles under that banner.

The Last of Us, Dragons Dogma, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Forza, Gran Turismo, Red Dead Redemption, Halo(3 onwards), Gears of War(2 onwards), Zelda, Mario, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank..

I'm sure there's more, that's just off the top off my head. On top of that you have all the timed exclusives that consoles get!

I'm fortunate enough to have owned all of the consoles from this generation as well as a gaming PC.. Next generation will be the same, i'll own atleast 1 console alongside my gaming PC to ensure I get the best of both worlds.