What say the RST and pals?

thehost

I wonder if they might possibly conclude that they, the board members, are costing much, much more than the value they are providing.

Just like the litte off-the-scale-IQ guy suggested so recently. I'm so mistrustful of them all that I no longer know who or what to believe given the lack of communication and clarity available.

There's no doubt some of the benefits Green and Ahmad awarded themselves were inflated. But they're gone now so hopefully any other similar packages have been reduced or removed.

I'd also like the club to announce no share dividends will be paid for the foreseeable future.

Some fair points there.

I don't mind having one or two experienced players (for example in goal or defence) but the financial strategy of the club should be much more more aggressive.

What has happened in the last year has been awful but it could have been made a bit better by the club completing overhauling their operations. It's a shame the fan groups haven't led the way in calling for that.

It's easier to bum up big lee than ask what the hell he adds and why does he get paid such an outragous salary.

Most people are only interested in the football and that is fine but the RST should be interested in everything BUT the football.

Don't think any Rangers fan would have anything bad to say about Smith and his managerial record. However, these are the same people who became very rich Rangers men and said absolutely zilch as Murray and Bain raped and pillaged our club.

Never mind though, we've got to trust these guys because a few bloggers and fans reps? said we need good Rangers men on board.

Me?

I don't care who the board support, just as long as they can run the club successfully and tap into the vast market out there. Why anyone would trust or listen to what certain bloggers tell us is beyond me. They are propagandists for certain individuals and the lure of a blazer and tie warps their sense of right and wrong.

It should also be added that they continue not to have a bad word said about Murray. This Murray posse of former managers and players would welcome him back tomorrow, he made them very rich men and several Gravytrain passengers around Ibrox way have clearly stated that Murray holds no blame for the events over the last 18 months

It's easier to bum up big lee than ask what the hell he adds and why does he get paid such an outragous salary.

Most people are only interested in the football and that is fine but the RST should be interested in everything BUT the football.

Not just the Trust to be fair. The disappearance of the Assembly is scandalous.

Not just the Trust to be fair. The disappearance of the Assembly is scandalous.

Which further highlights the problems. Its a who's who of 3 initials regarding our fans groups, there is no need and the reason for the diversity is self interest. We can all see the issues this division causes, why not throw constitutions out the window and scrap them all. Start the RST from scratch with a fair and balanced representation of the support, if it is for the greater good of the club then individuals need to put self preservation to the one side. We would be a formidable army if we spoke as one, we could have more input into the running of our club whilst fight our many detractors head on. The Club would be stronger on so many levels, surely the club should come first?

Which further highlights the problems. Its a who's who of 3 initials regarding our fans groups, there is no need and the reason for the diversity is self interest. We can all see the issues this division causes, why not throw constitutions out the window and scrap them all. Start the RST from scratch with a fair and balanced representation of the support, if it is for the greater good of the club then individuals need to put self preservation to the one side. We would be a formidable army if we spoke as one, we could have more input into the running of our club whilst fight our many detractors head on. The Club would be stronger on so many levels, surely the club should come first?

Ideally we should have two organisations - one 'official' (preferably a members scheme IMHO) and one independent incorporating the Trust model. It may have been difficult for the club to place the former as a priority over the last year but there's no excuse now.

As for the Trust, I sympathise with the difficulties they have but much of their problems have been self-inflicted. They do seem to have tried hard over the last while to revamp but it's debatable just how successful that's been.

Ideally we should have two organisations - one 'official' (preferably a members scheme IMHO) and one independent incorporating the Trust model. It may have been difficult for the club to place the former as a priority over the last year but there's no excuse now.

As for the Trust, I sympathise with the difficulties they have but much of their problems have been self-inflicted. They do seem to have tried hard over the last while to revamp but it's debatable just how successful that's been.

Its back to the same old thing everytime though. Certain RST posters on here I genuinely believe have the best intentions and have got involved with the Trust to attempt to move it forward. Yet they end up on here defending the Trust from criticism down to one element. The Trust needs to cleanse from within and when said obstacle is removed I have no doubt the various other factions would join forces. but the RST needs to do their own bit, and publically denounce a prominent board member. Some fellow board members privately admit this, but it will take a backbone to address it publically. Remove Mark Dingwall and the Trust gains a level of credibility to further its objectives. We can go down the tired argument about joining and voting him off etc, its not going to happen. We need leadership from MD himself by walking away or fro. The RST board to remove their toxic elements.

Imagine the Shares that would have been bought via the RST vehicle last year if there wasn't financial misgivings about board members. Start from scratch and those RST members with only the club at heart would be rewarded with a genuine asset to the Rangers support

Ii isn't difficult, Charlie stated openly we were losing £1 million a month, there is absolutely no reason to believe that has or will change under the present managers illogical signing policy or a CEO to timid to slap him and his spending down, there again we know what happened to Charlie for broaching this very point, aka mcdowell and durrant passengers.

Have you got the quote where he said we were losing £1 million a month

"we're losing a million a month" ;) :)

I think that was someone on here, a taigposter perhaps, who made that quote.

As I understand it we had spent 'x' amount of money over 'x' months and this included lots of start up and one off costs, football debts, the Albion car park, Edmiston Club etc etc etc.

Someone traslated 'x' amount over 'x' months to £1 million a month and that figure suddenly became a fact.

Whereas I suspect our actual monthly running costs are considerably less than that.

I think that was someone on here, a taigposter perhaps, who made that quote.

As I understand it we had spent 'x' amount of money over 'x' months and this included lots of start up and one off costs, football debts, the Albion car park, Edmiston Club etc etc etc.

Someone traslated 'x' amount over 'x' months to £1 million a month and that figure suddenly became a fact.

Whereas I suspect our actual monthly running costs are considerably less than that.

Will ahve jumped up, as watty was taking 50k as non exec director and now he's chairman ..................one wonders what the figure will be now?

See you have humour as well as good posts :thumbup:

Some say I am just another one of your egos.

The accounts published last year showed we were losing money and agree that start up costs etc included, but we are still making significant outlay paying Goian off on full wages and opening the shops etc.

"Legends" like McCoist and McCullough should be looking at the situation and renogotiating their contracts given the level we are at and their performances. Afterall, all these Hearts players on a fraction of their salaries are doing it so I'm sure our "Legends" can afford it too.

The accounts published last year showed we were losing money and agree that start up costs etc included, but we are still making significant outlay paying Goian off on full wages and opening the shops etc.

"Legends" like McCoist and McCullough should be looking at the situation and renogotiating their contracts given the level we are at and their performances. Afterall, all these Hearts players on a fraction of their salaries are doing it so I'm sure our "Legends" can afford it too.

Alas one of my egos left me when I played my last game of football another left me when I retired and the only one left is my love making skills. So I can safely say that they are well off the mark with that one......................but if I had a spare ego I would like the thought of it being you, with those very insightful posts you make.

:blush: :D

Yes we have never realy heard a peep about Ally and Lee being on what they are.......yet from Alexander and the latest two it's.............well we really can't justify the sort of money they were on.

But as my dear old dad used to say to me a Legend is just a hyphen away from being a Leg-End.

The playing side is far and away the biggest drain on finances. Charles Green attempted to address this by refusing to entertain the idea of signing the likes of Miller again with big wages and no resale value and also looked at the management team on EPL salaries yet performing like Sunday league teams. We all know what happened when he raised this.

Charles Green is no saint, lets dispel this myth. However, he was very good for Rangers and had he not had to deal with Ally's petulance re lowering the wage bill then our club would be In A better state than it is. We are paying our far too much money whilst being the bitches of the cabal for the forseeable.

Seriously - you want us to accept that Green failed our club/threw the towel in because McCoist was - ahem - being 'petulant'?

Alas one of my egos left me when I played my last game of football another left me when I retired and the only one left is my love making skills. So I can safely say that they are well off the mark with that one......................but if I had a spare ego I would like the thought of it being you, with those very insightful posts you make.

:blush: :D

Early signs of a bromance :)

Although if I am indeed one of your alter egos, this amounts to masturbating. W@nker :P

Well many believe this to have been the case in the past, when things started to turn re CG after the coaching comment and the crap football on display.

One thing CG made clear from day one was the salaries would be capped at 30%, now he made a statement about £10m for Ally set aside but Ally when threatened made a couple of cute remarks re this £10m , but Ally didn't say if this was spread over so many years or the money was to be put aside for when we get back to whatever top league is there for us. The three or Four years it takes to get back then the less spent during this time to build something for getting back would be worth more than spend , spend spend..........CG said and Ally mentioned the same thing is that any youngster breaking in could have possibly 100 1st team games under their belt and this could be augmented by the signings of young player with experience just short of making it into the bigtime, so we could have them for a couple of years and cash in on them.

Alas this seems to have gone out the window and the youngsters who appeared late on last season like the lad Stoney will be lucky to get a sniff of even the bench this season. :( As everyone knows not every youngster will make it but if we could have brought 5 or 6 through to be hardened pros with a good amount of games under their belt , ten that would have been worth it.

Macleod

Hegarty

Gasparotto

McKay

Crawford

There's 5 who will regularly be a part of the first team again this season. Also another few at the fringes

Naismith

Gallacher

Mitchell

Seriously - you want us to accept that Green failed our club/threw the towel in because McCoist was - ahem - being 'petulant'?

I can tell you will be fun :)

Green made noises about McCoists management team, the performances and the signing targets. This is when Walter suddenly came to the fore and all of a sudden nonsensical links to CW, which were in the public domain for months, suddenly became an issue. Green obviously has McCoist sussed, hence the Cavalry riding in to protect him at all costs. You can believe the paki-gate and CW links were what forced CG out, some of us look at the bigger picture though. CG was effectively forced out by people he held the hand of friendship out to, they made their moves well i will give them that. Tactical genius' some might say

I'm sure you'll provide proof shortly.

Dont need to..........its a known fact that IA and CG were involved with this guy at the begining, Stockbridge didnt want it coming out.

when Durrant & McDowell were for the chop, it reared its ugly head again.

Macleod

Hegarty

Gasparotto

McKay

Crawford

There's 5 who will regularly be a part of the first team again this season. Also another few at the fringes

Naismith

Gallacher

Mitchell

No way Dudey :7325: Only one with any chance is MacLeod, for god sake man, with the players MR 750k has signed do you really expect boys who rarely started as first choice to get a game on a regular basis.