What say the RST and pals?

thehost

I can tell you will be fun :)

Green made noises about McCoists management team, the performances and the signing targets. This is when Walter suddenly came to the fore and all of a sudden nonsensical links to CW, which were in the public domain for months, suddenly became an issue. Green obviously has McCoist sussed, hence the Cavalry riding in to protect him at all costs. You can believe the paki-gate and CW links were what forced CG out, some of us look at the bigger picture though. CG was effectively forced out by people he held the hand of friendship out to, they made their moves well i will give them that. Tactical genius' some might say

I wasn't aware that anyone else bar Green himself was in control of his own gub. Effectively or otherwise.

And whilst you might casually dismiss the awful outbursts from Green, there are many more who know his choices were simply unacceptable for a man in his position. Including Green himself who, after all, did say he would not accept any form of racial discrimination.

Indeed - didn't Amhad himself predict that Green would be the author of his own downfall as a result of his trigger-happy gub?

I certainly worry about the current squad size and associated costs but come the end of the window it may well be (most probably in fact) that more players will have left and the wage bill decreased to a more workable level.

Again, I'd like to see the fan groups comment on the finances to apply some pressure to the board to communicate their strategy so we'll see what happens. I guess it's up to the Trust members to ask their reps to do this and I also noticed the RST Twitter account canvassing opinions earlier.

I'm not a Trust member so I can only speak for myself and I've been saying for longer than I remember that the club needs to drastically cut costs.

Why do they bother using twitter....they have done nothing but go on about this new system for getting members to reg their vote................canvassing waste of time, they have a board and by god what a size(hee hee) simple to send out to their members and asked them the question after all, they only care as to what their members say..................really strange you never brought that up after reading the ludicrous twitter message.

I think you are playing a part in all this you know so well Mr Sit on the Fence Man.

I wasn't aware that anyone else bar Green himself was in control of his own gub. Effectively or otherwise.

And whilst you might casually dismiss the awful outbursts from Green, there are many more who know his choices were simply unacceptable for a man in his position. Including Green himself who, after all, did say he would not accept any form of racial discrimination.

Indeed - didn't Amhad himself predict that Green would be the author of his own downfall as a result of his trigger-happy gub?

Go tell your mum she wants you. Are you suggesting there was nothing bar Pakigate and already in the public domain links to CW that caused CG to leave?

So we weren't losing £1 million a month

Glad we cleared that up

Yes it was cleared up succuinctly;

Losses averaged £1 million a month based on costs against revenue generated

Rangers International Football Club Plc has reported a £7 million operating loss for the seven months to December 31, 2012.

Revenues for the seven-month period were £9.5 million while costs ran to £16.5 million, leaving an operating loss of £7.04 million.

Someone may feel the need to explain what losses are to you, I don't.

Where was Smith championed as our saviour? I recall reading about how he might stabilise the board and help that way as a figure to be trusted by one and all - and, again, I've no recollection of anything from (or about) Smith on silence being a stance.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I genuinely haven't seen this stuff and I'd be interested to read about it.

smith was installed as chairman for 2 reasons. Stop the shares plummeting and basically a comfort for season ticket sales.

I dont know what a non executive chairman will do except chair board meetings

smith was installed as chairman for 2 reasons. Stop the shares plummeting and basically a comfort for season ticket sales.

I dont know what a non executive chairman will do except chair board meetings

and throw a tantrum should anyone question him or mccoist

Go tell your mum she wants you. Are you suggesting there was nothing bar Pakigate and already in the public domain links to CW that caused CG to leave?

Green told us - repeatedly - he was a fighter who would stick with Rangers for the long run. Then chucked it. In my opinion - if not everyone's - his racism was a step beyond the pale for a man who had so recently been gum-bumping about his absolute intolerance for bigotry and racism in any form.

Bad as that was, I had no idea he was going to have a petted lip to trip over in subsequent interviews when he claimed that he had great ideas for his 'beloved' Rangers that would now simply die.

I wont miss him.

Green told us - repeatedly - he was a fighter who would stick with Rangers for the long run. Then chucked it. In my opinion - if not everyone's - his racism was a step beyond the pale for a man who had so recently been gum-bumping about his absolute intolerance for bigotry and racism in any form.

Bad as that was, I had no idea he was going to have a petted lip to trip over in subsequent interviews when he claimed that he had great ideas for his 'beloved' Rangers that would now simply die.

I wont miss him.

racism lol

how old are you 20s?

the power of brainwashing

racism lol

how old are you 20s?

the power of brainwashing

You are free to be an apologist for Green's racist comments. That standard of language and subsequent conduct is unacceptable from anyone - as confirmed by Green himself when he said: "any form of race or religious discrimination, is not acceptable. I know Rangers have made great strides but my position is very clear – anybody who is identified will be banned for life. There will be no appeals."

So you don't mind it seems, but Green himself does. And that's before we get to the hypocrisy he was initially prepared to show over the matter - as he tried to explain away his spectacular own-goal whilst promising to ban Rangers supporters for similar behaviour.

As I've said - I wont miss him.

You are free to be an apologist for Green's racist comments. That standard of language and subsequent conduct is unacceptable from anyone - as confirmed by Green himself when he said: "any form of race or religious discrimination, is not acceptable. I know Rangers have made great strides but my position is very clear – anybody who is identified will be banned for life. There will be no appeals."

So you don't mind it seems, but Green himself does. And that's before we get to the hypocrisy he was initially prepared to show over the matter - as he tried to explain away his spectacular own-goal whilst promising to ban Rangers supporters for similar behaviour.

Blah blah blah

Racism my granny's arse

Next time you feel compelled to post similar pompous rubbish, remove the broom from your arsehole first.

I miss him, but it really is incredible that he didn't seem to understand that you can't say stuff like that these days.

Racism my granny's arse

I'm confident that wouldn't cut it as an explanation to those who invested millions into Green's vision for Rangers. Or those of us who expect better from those charged with representing our club.

Anyway, host, we're going round in circles - I hear your point of view loud and clear. I just can't agree with it.

I'm confident that wouldn't cut it as an explanation to those who invested millions into Green's vision for Rangers. Or those of us who expect better from those charged with representing our club.

Anyway, host, we're going round in circles - I hear your point of view loud and clear. I just can't agree with it.

Let us hope that nothing comes to pass.

Let us hope that traynor met Bain for just a coffee and nothing more.

Let us hope the new RST approved board actually stick up for the well being of the club

I doubt the pc brigade will understand any of it, as they rush to be offended by everything and anything that their perverse minds turn to.

"Calling somebody a “paki” or a “chinky” is often considered racist in the Western World, but really – is it? It isn’t.

Calling someone either of the before mentioned words, is the equivalent of calling me a Scot or a Brit, or calling an American an American (really it should be North American). Do we consider that to be racist? No. But it is exactly the same – there is entirely no difference between either of them. They are both examples of simply shortening a word – it’s not racist as you’re not treating the racial group in a derogatory manner.

Using the word actually as an insult is of course racist, as that is acting in a derogatory manner, but simply saying it isn’t.

Whilst some might disagree with me on this matter, I implore them to head out and try and claim the words Scot and Brit to be banned – if ‘chinky’ or ‘paki’ are ever actually banned – I’ll be the first to campaign for any other national abbreviation to be shortened as its apparently racist.

So, remember: before claiming racism, think – is that person really being racist, or is it a mere abbreviation that they are using".

Yes it was cleared up succuinctly;

Losses averaged £1 million a month based on costs against revenue generated

Rangers International Football Club Plc has reported a £7 million operating loss for the seven months to December 31, 2012.

Revenues for the seven-month period were £9.5 million while costs ran to £16.5 million, leaving an operating loss of £7.04 million.

Someone may feel the need to explain what losses are to you, I don't.

The cumulative total loss over 7 months was £7 million.

In that figure were lots of one off costs so there fore the loss is not £1 million a month and that figure would not continue as the one off costs were just that - one off.

Why spread lies of £1 million a month losses when that's clearly not the case?

What is your motive to spread misinformation?

In that figure were lots of one off costs so there fore the loss is not £1 million a month and that figure would not continue as the one off costs were just that - one off.

What's your motive for being unable to comprehend simple figures and the difference between profit and loss.

Even if the figure is not quite a million a month we need to be cautious. My main concern is we arrive in the top league without the funds to make an impression. Ally has stated that he wishes to renew the team for each division and I just don't see how we can do this and still retain a strong financial position.

Until the RST lance the boil of its divisive leader, it will never even begin to fufil its potential.

True "rangers men" would want whats best for the club, yet all they seem interested in is a very wide seat on the board, to fit his more than ample derriere.

If he had the rst at heart he would step aside and let a new broom take over.

I also think the financial mismanagement at the club needs addressed sooner rather than later or we will be heading for another financial catastrophe.

Fail to understand why we are paying such exorbitant wages for a league QOTS romped on a wagebill of 250 k last year (and i include the management in this too)

Until the RST lance the boil of its divisive leader, it will never even begin to fufil its potential.

True "rangers men" would want whats best for the club, yet all they seem interested in is a very wide seat on the board, to fit his more than ample derriere.

If he had the rst at heart he would step aside and let a new broom take over.

I also think the financial mismanagement at the club needs addressed sooner rather than later or we will be heading for another financial catastrophe.

Fail to understand why we are paying such exorbitant wages for a league QOTS romped on a wagebill of 250 k last year (and i include the management in this too)

Who gives a fuck what QOTS wage bill was? Their situation and ours have no comparison other than the division. We attract 50000 every other Saturday, queens will be lucky to hit 1500. We have. Turnover of tens of millions of pounds and have one eye on cup success. Did the same apply to queens? We are one of the biggest clubs in the world with a fanbase in 7 figures and as such can afford to pay higher wages for higher standard of player. Do you think we'd get 50000 if we signed a squad of players from SFL2 Clubs?

Who gives a fuck what QOTS wage bill was? Their situation and ours have no comparison other than the division. We attract 50000 every other Saturday, queens will be lucky to hit 1500. We have. Turnover of tens of millions of pounds and have one eye on cup success. Did the same apply to queens? We are one of the biggest clubs in the world with a fanbase in 7 figures and as such can afford to pay higher wages for higher standard of player. Do you think we'd get 50000 if we signed a squad of players from SFL2 Clubs?

So you think we need a rumoured 7.5 m wage bill to win a division that a team last year won with a 250 k one?

So you think we need a rumoured 7.5 m wage bill to win a division that a team last year won with a 250 k one?

I don't think it's a necessity but we aren't just looking to win the 2nd division though are we? If our wage bill is 7.5m p/a given that we've just got rid of 3 players on a combined total of somewhere in the region of 2m p/a I'd argue we're doing pretty well on the cost cutting side of things. Lose 3 players, bring in 7 and still manage to cut the wage bill sounds like we are moving in the right direction.

Answer me this, would you be happy if we signed a whole squad of division two players on division two wages only to need to rip it up and start again next season, and the one after that.

I don't think it's a necessity but we aren't just looking to win the 2nd division though are we? If our wage bill is 7.5m p/a given that we've just got rid of 3 players on a combined total of somewhere in the region of 2m p/a I'd argue we're doing pretty well on the cost cutting side of things. Lose 3 players, bring in 7 and still manage to cut the wage bill sounds like we are moving in the right direction.

Answer me this, would you be happy if we signed a whole squad of division two players on division two wages only to need to rip it up and start again next season, and the one after that.

The first team should be two or three experienced pro blended with youth, we wouldn't have to keep ripping it up and starting again if the management had any form of long term planning.

I'd rather we kept our powder dry till we get back to the SPL as it will take serious investment to challenge Celtic.