What say the RST and pals?

thehost

The Sky tv deal was with the SPL.

Rangers were blackmailed into giving away the TV rights last season.

That is why the merger had to go ahead this year no matter what, To allow the corrupt cabal to make money off Rangers.

I would imagine Rangers could have apposed this in some way, But not sure how as the corrupt cabal are making up the rules and constitution.

It really is criminal but don't expect the Scottish Media to touch it.

So you want Rangers to start a fight with the largest sports broadcaster in the UK because of how SPL clubs treated us? That makes sense.

I would advise against a fight with Sky but should we sit back an accept being screwed by the corrupt cabal who are using our TV rights to remain afloat and bribe 1st division teams

All of our options and answers for some unknown reason still lying unused lie in the verbatim statement by Malcolm Murray our then chairman, however Mr Fury would have to understand the importanvce and legal application of the word duress.

If our former chairman's words are indeed the whole truth the 5 way agreement is not worth the paper it is written on, no court in the land would uphold it or the purloined TV rights.

"We do not wish to gamble with the club's future. So, under duress, we have taken the difficult decision to accept some sanctions in order to move forward.

Where in Mather's statement does it say that he doesn't think he's up to the job of CEO?

You explain to me how Rangers were supposed to get all the 1st Division clubs who have had additional income dangled in front of them to reject moving to an SPL2 if this vote was rejected? What exactly did you, TheHost or anyone else want to the club to do, specifically, except make a statement that would have changed nothing about the outcome?

Our Board has systematically handed power over to the Top 5.

They could have Fought that.

CG would have stood up to them and used our Power, but no Walter and the Team Eat Humble Pie for no Reason whatsoever ever.

CG would have stood up to them and used our Power, but no Walter and the Team Eat Humble Pie for no Reason whatsoever ever.

Ever thought that they were lulling those fuckers into a false sense of security before they deliver the coup de grace?

The Sky tv deal was with the SPL.

Rangers were blackmailed into giving away the TV rights last season.

That is why the merger had to go ahead this year no matter what, To allow the corrupt cabal to make money off Rangers.

I would imagine Rangers could have apposed this in some way, But not sure how as the corrupt cabal are making up the rules and constitution.

It really is criminal but don't expect the Scottish Media to touch it.

We could pull out all the stops to leave this corrupt shitehole.

See where that gets them.

Why is everyone so concerned about Scottish Fitbaw when it doesn't give a shot about Rangers?

I can see the point about the TV stuff but I'm not convinced such a nuclear option would have worked given we essentially handed our rights over this time last year - under duress or not.

There's no doubt in my mind that the club have to be tougher in their outlook but bland public statements aside, we don't know they're not being so behind the scenes.

For example, do we think the Annan chairman would have lobbied so hard of his own accord recently or do we think he was perhaps guided in the right direction by a club that didn't have a vote?

I really don't know but, as per usual, this comes down to club/fan communication. Perhaps if we had a better idea of the club's strategy, we'd be a bit more understanding when it came to interpreting our actions (and inactions for that matter).

I can see the point about the TV stuff but I'm not convinced such a nuclear option would have worked given we essentially handed our rights over this time last year - under duress or not.

There's no doubt in my mind that the club have to be tougher in their outlook but bland public statements aside, we don't know they're not being so behind the scenes.

For example, do we think the Annan chairman would have lobbied so hard of his own accord recently or do we think he was perhaps guided in the right direction by a club that didn't have a vote?

I really don't know but, as per usual, this comes down to club/fan communication. Perhaps if we had a better idea of the club's strategy, we'd be a bit more understanding when it came to interpreting our actions (and inactions for that matter).

The club has already had one court ruling in our favour, which they allowed the sfa/spl panels to thwart, there is little doubt that we would receive another favourable judgement if MM's utterances are factual and we were for want of a better word blackmailed into accepting sanctions.

However what use would any such ruling in our favour be, when the club has already shown an unwillingness to fight our corner even with a Law Lord's judgement to back up our case, spineless about covers it.

The club has already had one court ruling in our favour, which they allowed the sfa/spl panels to thwart, there is little doubt that we would receive another favourable judgement if MM's utterances are factual and we were for want of a better word blackmailed into accepting sanctions.

However what use would any such ruling in our favour be, when the club has already shown an unwillingness to fight our corner even with a Law Lord's judgement to back up our case, spineless about covers it.

Not so sure it's spineless - more of a realisation that our reputation would take another kicking if we used such an option. For example, I doubt FIFA or UEFA would be so keen to look the other way as they did when D&P challenged the embargo. We could find ourselves in the courts for years and do we really have the resources to go down that road?

Once again, I'm sympathetic to the point of view that we're too soft or don't take some battles far enough. That's a given. However, I don't think the SPFL thing is as bad a situation as some make out. Sure, we're as weak as we've ever been but we're stronger as full members in the SPFL than associate members of the SFL - especially when we return to the SPL in two years.

Many fans, the vast majority we're told, wanted us to take this full journey back and that's what we're doing. In the meantime we can only hope the club (and Mather) were truthful when they spoke of playing the long game.

Not so sure it's spineless - more of a realisation that our reputation would take another kicking if we used such an option. For example, I doubt FIFA or UEFA would be so keen to look the other way as they did when D&P challenged the embargo. We could find ourselves in the courts for years and do we really have the resources to go down that road?

Once again, I'm sympathetic to the point of view that we're too soft or don't take some battles far enough. That's a given. However, I don't think the SPFL thing is as bad a situation as some make out. Sure, we're as weak as we've ever been but we're stronger as full members in the SPFL than associate members of the SFL - especially when we return to the SPL in two years.

Many fans, the vast majority we're told, wanted us to take this full journey back and that's what we're doing. In the meantime we can only hope the club (and Mather) were truthful when they spoke of playing the long game.

I want Rangers FC out of Scottish Football nothing else.

Until then I will never be a happy Rangers Fan.

I want Rangers FC out of Scottish Football nothing else.

Until then I will never be a happy Rangers Fan.

I think you'll be waiting a long time. We've nowhere to go.

I'd actually prefer Rangers to stay in Scotland in any case. But leading from the front and dominating in every sense...

You still haven't explained how. I see lots of people demanding something is done, demanding we stop other clubs voting for this or that. I keep asking how and nobody can answer. I'll tell you what, I doubt very much that an angry statement about how unfair it all is on the official site would make one bit of difference - except to highlight the fact that there was nothing we could do about it.

Yeah.great ambition that.

Aim high, why don't you.

The Cream of Scottish Fitbaw, some Kudos that.

We can be the cream of anywhere we like as long as the club is run properly. Now, that's ambition rather than look for the lazy route into a league we don't belong to.

You said refuse Sky entry to Ibrox. You think they would be fine with that?

What I actually sad, "Refuse tv/sky entrance to Ibrox no Rangers no tv deal for anyone, unfortunately that would take balls something our boardroom lacks".

Now tv/sky would have to take their argument up with the owners of the tv rights, however as I said you would have to understand duress (coercion as an element of duress under Scots law) as for fifa/uefa they are subject to the law as well as anyone else, just ask Bosman.

You still haven't explained how. I see lots of people demanding something is done, demanding we stop other clubs voting for this or that. I keep asking how and nobody can answer. I'll tell you what, I doubt very much that an angry statement about how unfair it all is on the official site would make one bit of difference - except to highlight the fact that there was nothing we could do about it.

Exactly,does anyone think for one minute that the board at Rangers are going to do anything detrimental in the extreme to the club,do you HONESTLY think that ......say Walter Smith ,who knows FAR more than anyone of us on the internet knows,is going to cave in to any cabal that has an agenda against us,we are in NO POSITION to make any demands,our time will come....it has to....then past judgement.....petty in the extreme...you know what,get off the internet and SUPPORT THE FCKN TEAM..instead of bitching about something you clearly no nothing about....

Exactly,does anyone think for one minute that the board at Rangers are going to do anything detrimental in the extreme to the club,do you HONESTLY think that ......say Walter Smith ,who knows FAR more than anyone of us on the internet knows,is going to cave in to any cabal that has an agenda against us,we are in NO POSITION to make any demands,our time will come....it has to....then past judgement.....petty in the extreme...you know what,get off the internet and SUPPORT THE FCKN TEAM..instead of bitching about something you clearly no nothing about....

That was not directed at you Fury btw...

It would never happen because a certain minority within the boardroom and the Fanbase got rid of the Fly in the Ointment.

Remember Yanks go Home and Mike Ashley **** off.

What I actually sad, "Refuse tv/sky entrance to Ibrox no Rangers no tv deal for anyone, unfortunately that would take balls something our boardroom lacks".

Now tv/sky would have to take their argument up with the owners of the tv rights, however as I said you would have to understand duress (coercion as an element of duress under Scots law) as for fifa/uefa they are subject to the law as well as anyone else, just ask Bosman.

Ah right my mistake. You want to pick a fight with Sky, UEFA and FIFA. Well in that case it's a splendid idea.

The simple fact is that the club had very little control over this process. We've gained a small amount of power back from the creation of the SPFL and we will continue to grow that power base if we play smart over the coming months and years. It won't happen overnight and it certainly won't happen by picking a fight with everyone except the people that actually want to do us harm.

That said I don't see any signs yet that Mather is the man to rebuild that power base. He may be perfectly capable but we need someone with more experience and possibly a stronger personality, in my opinion.

We have an opinion and entitled to it.

Its turning into FF on here.