Berra and Zaliukas

Would love both of them and both to be our centre back pairing for next two years, foster Zaliukas Berra Wallace. Jig is a great person to have around and our captain but imo he should be used as cover all over the pitch from defence to attack as he is getting on but with being so mobile he will get alot of game time.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to Goian and Bocanegra there is no point complaining about them.

Nobody is going to pay to buy them from us and we cannot afford to have them at the club this season. Paying them off (if that's what we have done) was the only option and although it's more money "wasted" it's an aftershockof administration that we are just going to have to take the hit for, accept and move on.

As for Berra and Zaliukus, they would do for the level we are at, but I still think Berra's wage demands might put him out of reach financially.

BTW anyone that says either Faure (he's fucking mince) or Gasporotto (untried, done nothing - he's only got a fancy name) for defence wants to examine themselfs IMO

Faure is pish as well. Cribari is even worse. Gasporatto does have a fancy name indeed.

Are you stupid? we will have 6 people who can potentially play c/b! If jig or daly had to play there for a game or two what would the problem be? For that to happen 4 would need to be injured

doh

Zalisuskas - defo, yes please.

Berra - fuck off. No. Rotten.

dont understand everyone having a go at berra? not just you but the majority. When he left hearts both us and the tims wanted him but he opted for wolves and played alot of games, also experience at international level, plus we are playing div 2 opponents. If anything berra has proved he is a better footballer than zaliukas as the majority have only seen the latter against bog standard spl dross.

BTW anyone that says either Faure (he's fucking mince) or Gasporotto (untried, done nothing - he's only got a fancy name) for defence wants to examine themselfs IMO

Every male should be examining themselves, testicular cancer is very unpleasant if you don't catch it early enough. (tu)

dont understand everyone having a go at berra? not just you but the majority. When he left hearts both us and the tims wanted him but he opted for wolves and played alot of games, also experience at international level, plus we are playing div 2 opponents. If anything berra has proved he is a better footballer than zaliukas as the majority have only seen the latter against bog standard spl dross.

If you can't do the basics like pass to your own player, mark a set piece etc for Scotland against minnows like Lithuania and Moldova you won't be any better for us, even in the second division. He's fucking mince.

Are you stupid? we will have 6 people who can potentially play c/b! If jig or daly had to play there for a game or two what would the problem be? For that to happen 4 would need to be injured

Are you stupid? we currently have over 30 players on the books therefore potentially we have over 30 players that could play CB.

THIS, is one of our other problem areas.Just because someone COULD play there doesn't mean they should, we need to be buying players that have played in a position for years not fucking utility players. Lee is better upfront than he is in Defence more so now that hes getting on a bit (the only reason Weir was ok was because he could read a game and know where to be before the ball was kicked, we were fucked if he had to run for anything) same for Daly he is a striker not a CB.

If it came down to it and Daly and Little were banging in the goals and working well together then Lee (or any other player) should be kept on the bench not put into defence, we should have decent enough defenders to keep a fucking striker out of their natural position. Oh wait no we don't and again this is why we need better defenders before getting rid of the current lot.

If you can't do the basics like pass to your own player, mark a set piece etc for Scotland against minnows like Lithuania and Moldova you won't be any better for us, even in the second division. He's fucking mince.

I generally agree with your posts but I disagree with your opinion of Berra.

We don't seem to produce decent centre halves in this country anymore or even in the UK. years ago you could name lots of decent Centre Halves, today there are none.

Berra is reaching his prime of his career and he has EPL and championship experience.

Playing poorly for Scotland cannot be a criticism of a centre half, Lillian Thuram and Franco Baresi in their prime would have struggled playing with Scotland in recent times.

Berra is miles better than what we currently have and we need central defenders badly, I have no desire to see Jig or Daly playing at the back, I have seen milk turn quicker.

I think we should sell Perry for about 6 or 7 million then put the money on Andy Murray winning at wimbledon and crying on centre court then use the money to by Dante and Chico. IMO lol

If we get 6-7 mil for perry the board should all be lauded as genius ( or done for fraud) ! :pipe:

I generally agree with your posts but I disagree with your opinion of Berra.

We don't seem to produce decent centre halves in this country anymore or even in the UK. years ago you could name lots of decent Centre Halves, today there are none.

Berra is reaching his prime of his career and he has EPL and championship experience.

Playing poorly for Scotland cannot be a criticism of a centre half, Lillian Thuram and Franco Baresi in their prime would have struggled playing with Scotland in recent times.

Berra is miles better than what we currently have and we need central defenders badly, I have no desire to see Jig or Daly playing at the back, I have seen milk turn quicker.

Fair do's we can agree to disagree no problem (tu)

Bell

Wallace

Berra

Zaliukas

Foster

Law

McLeod

Peralta

Little

Daly

Clark

I honestly think we could challenge for 1 of the cups out with the ramsdens with that team!

I actually think it's a team that could compete for the top tier title if it weren't already excluded from it.