Souness Says "Rangers Had to take their medicine"

The problem was we went into liquidation,they were refusing to give us a licence.EUFA dont like clubs taking their associations to court and if i remember correctly the vast number of our support wanted to start in the 3rd division with no help from anybody.I know where you are coming from,the support and players did bugger all wrong but that halfwit White chanced his arm with us and lost out big time.I say Green did well to save our league titles which were won fairly and squarely on the park.If Souness and Kennedy upt their valuation they would have been in poll position to purchace the club.They didnt,Green did.

There is and was no problem the club was not in administration or liquidation process.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness was probably my biggest hero for many years the way he stood up for rangers when manger and beyond. But this is a man who has clearly been "brought up to speed" by Doncaster! He really needs to sit down and get the facts what was done to our great club. No witch hunt by the SPL ! Is that because Doncaster bottled out a decision and put the decision on to the clubs who subsequently passed on to their fans!!! HMRC had a clear witch hunt as they also had, and still have, 2500 companies they could have pursued but only went after us. They, as we all know, refused a CVA as the used the EBT debt as part of the calculation before the appeal. What happened with that appeal mr souness??? The holding company were liquidated and we received absolutely NO support from the SPL, SFA or Scottish government. I'm sure if we manufactured something salmond would have been there outside ibrox with his fecking saltire. Mr souness wake up and smell the stink. Doncaster has used u with this and you have been operated like his puppet!! All you have done is infuriated a fan base who the majority would have welcomed u back with open arms. not now. Go back to your home in England but before I do, I would suggest you become a member in RM where u will get a rangers view and not the biased view reported in the mhedia!!!!

Souness actually said 'No witch hunt'? ffs!

hmm maybe that's proof that headering the ball causes damage.

You obviously never seen Souness play ..... there is no way on this earth he would ever header a ball, would have messed up his perm ffs

Eh what ? don't you know the difference between company and club or original and ongoing licence circa 140 years of unbroken history, eh indeed.

I know exactly the difference.I know some company law which is totaly different to football law.Our problems as a club started when we went into Administration Yes?Then of course Liquidation Yes?Green and his consortium buy the Club Yes?We were told by the SFA/SPL that they would strip us of titles and that we should accept this or not get a licence to play Yes?Green fought the case and rightly won Yes?

It is the same football club that was founded in 1872,140 years of unbroken history but a new company that owns the football club.Yes?

How am i doing anything wrong so far?

I know exactly the difference.I know some company law which is totaly different to football law.Our problems as a club started when we went into Administration Yes?Then of course Liquidation Yes?Green and his consortium buy the Club Yes?We were told by the SFA/SPL that they would strip us of titles and that we should accept this or not get a licence to play Yes?Green fought the case and rightly won Yes?

It is the same football club that was founded in 1872,140 years of unbroken history but a new company that owns the football club.Yes?

How am i doing anything wrong so far?

Everything, the club is a separate entity to the company, have a great day reading company law.

Thanks but i will stick to the Bears Den,cheers mate :thumbup:

And a good choice if I may say so :000000082: and seriously The Rangers are an entity in their own right, Charles had all the aces maybe he just didn't realise it, if the sfa/spl had been taken to task over their threats as mentioned before interdict would have made them shit bricks.

Souness never changed in all his years in football, he was an arrogant git of a player who was full of his own importance, he was an arrogant git of a manager who was full of his own importance. He would have anybody who will listen to him, believe that all his successes were down to him, and all his failures were down to people who didn't listen to him. Read between the lines of his book!

He identified us as a bit of a 'sleeping giant' when he came, seeing that at that time our on field performance was at best mediocre, and that we were too big to accept that mediocrity. We had a great support base, but that, still our greatest resource, was wasted.

Now, in an era when we thought that football men were in it for the football, we all, to a man revelled in the Souness approach to the game and his ambition. An ambition that with hindsight we now know had very little to do with us fans or Rangers, (in my opinion of course), but was all about Graeme Souness.

I am grateful for the days of Woods, Butcher, Hateley, Walters, Steven, Roberts and a host more I'm sure you all know, it was a privilege to see these guys in a Rangers strip, so I might come across as a bit hypocritical saying that while I enjoyed the success, I believe that was the start of the downfall of our club; I say that because I believe that Souness cast the die for chequebook management, and we all know where that has led us.

His Rangers soul, or the lack of it more accurately, became very obvious when, after he decided that he wasn't getting enough money to buy European glory at Ibrox, he chased the £ and buggered off.

Tin foil hat on here, but I believe Souness made us too big for Scotland, and that's where it all went wrong.

For the man to come out now and elevate himself to Guru status, opining endlessly to any and all who will listen to him, about what Rangers should be doing, what we should accept, and where we should be going, while completely ignoring the fact that he left a job half done at a time when a decent manager, with the resources he had at hand, would have had us perched at the pinnacle of European and World football, is a wee bit hypocritical.

All other things aside, and I'm sure we all know the changes of circumstances that have brought us to where we are now, Graeme Souness was not a good manager, he was not even a good chequebook manager, not for the long term well-being of our club. But then everybody has 20:20 hindsight, don't we!

Hammy

Brilliant post.

Im getting sick of all this "bridge building" malarky.

NO bridges can be built,until those cretins in power at the SFA/SPL are gone! its that simple, Liewells puppets must be removed for the good of SCOTTISH football. I believe in years to come the media will look back on this episode as a black day in scottish football history, they are just as culpable as the puppets in power.

I've not actually read all the pages of this thread, but how can he say we deserved what we got when one of the sanctions we accepted was ruled illegal.

He can't say that was a rule when it obviously wasn't.

So many rich fuckers are totally out of touch with the ordinary fan, bloke in the street, they should just stop bumping their gums due to the sewerage that spills out.

he's right to an extent, the rules did say that if 1 member club wishes to transfer membership from 1 company to another while in administration (or any kind of insolvency event) - then the members will vote on whether to pass the transfer or not. It's a shocking rule to be honest, allowing a teams rivals to become there judge and jury, makes no sense. He's wrong about the 'witch-hunt' part though, ofcourse there was.

Overall though, i agree with his sentiment of just getting on with it, i'm not sure if time has warped our memories a bit but 1 of the reasons we didn't want to be voted into the SPL was because we would have got murdered - we barely had a squad and couldnt sign anyone for a year, it was would have been a disaster had we been voted in. Division 3 and time to rebuild was the best outcome for us, so Souness is right, time for getting on with the job.

This.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rangers return to being run the way it was before Souness came; with the play being better of course. A wage cap that the club could manage; an old-style Board format, run by businessmen/women who had the interests of the club in what they did, and it living within its means; and building a team from an Academy at Auchenhowie that would realistically give young players the chance to make a name for themselves.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rangers return to being run the way it was before Souness came; with the play being better of course. A wage cap that the club could manage; an old-style Board format, run by businessmen/women who had the interests of the club in what they did and it living within its means; and building a team from an Academy at Auchenhowie that would realistically give young players the chance to make a name for themselves.

Spot on.

To be honest, the only thing which really riles me about this is the 'there was no witch hunt'. Stupid thing to say and I admit to being a bit disappointed in him. Also his association with the new organisation leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

However, there is no way I'll be getting myself in a tizz about it or calling him names. For me Rangers fans are sometimes far too quick to do that with Rangers men.

For me, Souness was great for our club. My memory of him will always be him dominating the middle of the park against the mhanks at Ibrox on ne'er day 1987, giving Hibs players shit in 86, scoring a brilliant goal against the sheep off the post and punching the air aggressively, running onto the pitch with the championship trophy, greeting the Rangers fans behind the goal and giving a young lad the ball after a championship win.

Sure, he left but l can get why he did. And he's admitted several times that he made a mistake in doing so. He also never stops saying good things about us, usually goes out of his way to be positive about us on Sky Sports or wherever else.

He's made mistakes, but don't do what the press do to us and remember/highlight only the bad.

I can and will forgive him the odd lapse.

he's right to an extent, the rules did say that if 1 member club wishes to transfer membership from 1 company to another while in administration (or any kind of insolvency event) - then the members will vote on whether to pass the transfer or not. It's a shocking rule to be honest, allowing a teams rivals to become there judge and jury, makes no sense. He's wrong about the 'witch-hunt' part though, ofcourse there was.

Overall though, i agree with his sentiment of just getting on with it, i'm not sure if time has warped our memories a bit but 1 of the reasons we didn't want to be voted into the SPL was because we would have got murdered - we barely had a squad and couldnt sign anyone for a year, it was would have been a disaster had we been voted in. Division 3 and time to rebuild was the best outcome for us, so Souness is right, time for getting on with the job.

He is not right in any extent and neither are you, the SPL board should have made any decisions on our club as laid down in the spl articles, they didn't and changed the rule by abdicating their board responsibility in favour of letting all clubs decide our fate, that in itself was challengeable.

It is time for wreaking havoc and revenge fuck bridge building and accepting every wrong visited upon us which are multitude, however the hand wringers can rest easy our executive are every bit as bad as the fucks who tried to bury us they couldn't fight sleep and have no intention of doing so, it will be and is being left to us the fans to carry the fight.

Personally I would invite the RFFF to consider consulting a QC for the possibility of action against persons responsible for our unjust treatment and malicious actions visited upon us.

His biggest blunder was leaving Rangers for Liverpool in the first place and it's been downhill all the way for him football wise since then, this stuff all sounds scripted that he is uttering in the rags and if true then his credibilty is sus. The Rangers fans don't need lectured on how to move on, they are already doing that with Dignity and Pride and not on their knees like some would have them do. Better just disappear Graeme before you make a bigger clown of yourself to the cliched punditry that you know best on Sky and leave the ''We Don't Do Walking Away'' and the ''moving on'' to the People who have kept the Club afloat The Rangers Fans ! (tu);):sherlock: