A Dinosaur rears his head.

D'Artagnan

I've got plenty more but in truth, you're not worth it.

Never met anyone like you at the football and certainly not down at Sheffield anyway.

I'm happy for Rangers to have a broad church, people from different backgrounds, you just can't tolerate the Loyalist element though can you?

Sad, pathetic man.

I show more tolerence than those who can't tolerate none PUL supporters of our club - such as yourself

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks, you're a bitter bastard and can't see past your own nose.

I'm not the only one that's noticed it.

I'm surprised you can reach the keyboard from your high horse.

.. And that's you demonstrating your tolerence of other views - gees a hug and relax x x

Rangers are more than a club.

The OP is much better with words than I am, but he expresses it extremely well. I support Rangers not purely because of the football team, I support Rangers because they represent more than a football club. It's a culture, tradition, even way of life that has been ingrained in me. A club with morals. Ask any true Ranger and they'll know what the club means to them.

I am a bit undecided about this issue as on the one hand I love the Loyalist/Unionist stance of the Rangers support as it gives you something to hang on to, something to be genuinely proud of that Rangers are just that little bit different from most other big clubs. For example, I love the colour and spectacle of an orange walk - it's awe inspiring on the eye and Heavenly on the ear. The militaristic beat of the soul soaring music makes you glad to be alive.

On the other hand, I have a lot of Celtic supporting friends whom I trust and respect and the words and meanings of the some of the songd hit a little too close to home for comfort. What words and meanings are you referring to

In my teenage years I sung the whole songbook but now that I've mellowed and seen a little bit of the world I simply can't feel good about singing some of these songs. What songs are you referring to

I don't know, I'm probably regarded as a 'handwringer' in here but what I will say is I've been following Rangers for nearly a quarter of a century, a lot of the time despite some reservations about our PUL image, but I'm still here and still proud to be a bear. I'm not sure how I fit into the the OP's idea of how one should act as a Rangers fan but I know that I'll be here regardless.

By the way, I'm a bit drunk and not sure if I'm making any sense but I hope I got my point across properly.

Bollocks, you're a bitter bastard and can't see past your own nose.

I'm not the only one that's noticed it.

I'm surprised you can reach the keyboard from your high horse.

Fuckin plagiarist.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=250730&hl=keyboard#entry1060961830

Rangers are more than a club.

The OP is much better with words than I am, but he expresses it extremely well. I support Rangers not purely because of the football team, I support Rangers because they represent more than a football club. It's a culture, tradition, even way of life that has been ingrained in me. A club with morals. Ask any true Ranger and they'll know what the club means to them.

Hear, hear.

I pity the handwringer, they don't get it

Aye Ok,, I get you,

You and your Celtic supporting friends are offended by songs that Rangers fans don't sing and you don't know what the songs are or what the offending words are.

Kool

I'm not sure how you arrived at any of that. I certainly never said anything of the sort.

It's a bit ironic the abuse that's being handed out to BP9 given the content of the original post, we are a broad church.

It's not ironic at all as he goes out of his way to be Intolorent to loyalism - anything said to him is in response to this

There's been two others in this thread that said its not their cup of tea but they respect the part it plays - no ones gave them abuse

It's a bit ironic the abuse that's being handed out to BP9 given the content of the original post, we are a broad church.

He does bring some of it on himself to be fair with his inflammatory responses however in general I agree and it's actually taking away from a very good OP and sensible discussion about accepting the views and beliefs/traditions a large number of us hold dear without making that view intrinsic on supporting rangers.

For what it's worth I didn't see his comments in the orange walk thread and I more than most have had my run ins with BP9 but I am pretty certain he is a rangers fan and does care about the club but at times try's to force his opinion and beliefs onto others....