A Dinosaur rears his head.

D'Artagnan

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you mix up your PUL agenda with just sheer love of the club - again - our Sheffield trip was an obvious success - almost as obvious as you trying to piggy back your beliefs onto said success - what about all the non- PUL fans who also attended and had a great time - love of ones club does not have to be tied to any political or religious agenda

You're a joke figure on this site.

I don't care I don't tolerate anti loyalist bigots in real life and I'm not going to sit back and allow them to offend on here either

This is the one place we should be able to free of that

If that makes me juvenile then so be it

just because people dont agree with PUL does not make them bigots.

Just like when you sing loyalist songs does not make you one, as im sure you would say

Superlative piece of writing D'art, from one Megaproddysaurus to another.

As for BP9 does he argue that being a part of the Scotland support precludes someone from having PUL beliefs or interests?

He argues for the sake of it, I doubt he even realised how silly his writings are but they get him the attention he desires

Fantastic article again D'Art, the praise which came from Sheffield after Wednesdays game reminded me of the lines,

"For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers, one of the many songs they sang,

And a sight I'd never seen when they sang God save the Queen"

We should be proud of our heritages and I would say that anyone who is ashamed of it is doing our great club a disservice.

It is hard to add anything of worth to the original post and to some of the supportive comments made.

I wasn't at Hillsborough but even reading about it made my heart swell with pride. I don't criticise Rangers fans who think differently - I disagree with them but my father and my uncles fought for their right to disagree.

When I was 8 I was fortunate to be selected to carry a flag on Church Parade on Remembrance Sunday - I had that same bursting pride that day - I was in Bellahouston Park in 1965 at Battle of Britain 25th anniversary celebration and I still remember the tingling feeling when the Spitfire Flypast took place.

I have loved my approaching 50 years of regularly attending Rangers games - I could lay off dozens of special proud moments - I have on this forum before.

I watched all the dreadfully sad corteges going through the village in England as members of our forces were repatriated from Afghanistan and Iraq and as well as sadness I was proud.

All these things matter passionately to me - it is what I am! It is what many Rangers people are so - agree or disagree with these views please at least respect them!

D'Artagnan has my respect so does Edmiston Drive - I don't agree with everything they say but I respect them - it is the way I was brought up. Disagree if you want but don't deny the honesty and integrity f these guys but most of all don't try and rubbish their beliefs!

It is hard to add anything of worth to the original post and to some of the supportive comments made.

I wasn't at Hillsborough but even reading about it made my heart swell with pride. I don't criticise Rangers fans who think differently - I disagree with them but my father and my uncles fought for their right to disagree.

When I was 8 I was fortunate to be selected to carry a flag on Church Parade on Remembrance Sunday - I had that same bursting pride that day - I was in Bellahouston Park in 1965 at Battle of Britain 25th anniversary celebration and I still remember the tingling feeling when the Spitfire Flypast took place.

I have loved my approaching 50 years of regularly attending Rangers games - I could lay off dozens of special proud moments - I have on this forum before.

I watched all the dreadfully sad corteges going through the village in England as members of our forces were repatriated from Afghanistan and Iraq and as well as sadness I was proud.

All these things matter passionately to me - it is what I am! It is what many Rangers people are so - agree or disagree with these views please at least respect them!

D'Artagnan has my respect so does Edmiston Drive - I don't agree with everything they say but I respect them - it is the way I was brought up. Disagree if you want but don't deny the honesty and integrity f these guys but most of all don't try and rubbish their beliefs!

You most definitely added to it. Well said. (tu)

I am a bit undecided about this issue as on the one hand I love the Loyalist/Unionist stance of the Rangers support as it gives you something to hang on to, something to be genuinely proud of that Rangers are just that little bit different from most other big clubs. For example, I love the colour and spectacle of an orange walk - it's awe inspiring on the eye and Heavenly on the ear. The militaristic beat of the soul soaring music makes you glad to be alive.

On the other hand, I have a lot of Celtic supporting friends whom I trust and respect and the words and meanings of some of the songs hit a little too close to home for comfort. In my teenage years I sung the whole songbook but now that I've mellowed and seen a little bit of the world I simply can't feel good about singing some of these songs.

I don't know, I'm probably regarded as a 'handwringer' in here but what I will say is I've been following Rangers for nearly a quarter of a century, a lot of the time despite some reservations about our PUL image, but I'm still here and still proud to be a bear. I'm not sure how I fit into the the OP's idea of how one should act as a Rangers fan but I know that I'll be here regardless.

By the way, I'm a bit drunk and not sure if I'm making any sense but I hope I got my point across properly.

I am a bit undecided about this issue as on the one hand I love the Loyalist/Unionist stance of the Rangers support as it gives you something to hang on to, something to be genuinely proud of that Rangers are just that little bit different from most other big clubs. For example, I love the colour and spectacle of an orange walk - it's awe inspiring on the eye and Heavenly on the ear. The militaristic beat of the soul soaring music makes you glad to be alive.

On the other hand, I have a lot of Celtic supporting friends whom I trust and respect and the words and meanings of the some of the song hit a little too close to home for comfort. In my teenage years I sung the whole songbook but now that I've mellowed and seen a little bit of the world I simply can't feel good about signing some of these songs.

I don't know, I'm probably regarded as a 'handwringer' in here but what I will say is I've been following Rangers for nearly a quarter of a century, a lot of the time despite some reservations about our PUL image, but I'm still here and still proud to be a bear. I'm not sure how I fit into the the OP's idea of how one should act as a Rangers fan but I know that I'll be here regardless.

By the way, I'm a bit drunk and not sure if I'm making any sense but I hope I got my point across properly.

It's a fair enough post to be honest

Personally I wouldn't worry about the Celtic mates if they were real mates they would be happy to let you do your thing in regards to singing and parades

It's a fair enough post to be honest

Personally I wouldn't worry about the Celtic mates if they were real mates they would be happy to let you do your thing in regards to singing and parades

They probably are, the thing is I wouldn't be happy with myself. Maybe it's the tree hugging hippy in me but certain songs are far too aggressive and close to the bone for comfort.