A Dinosaur rears his head.

D'Artagnan

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great piece d'art (as usual). I think the point here is that although you are immensely proud and passionate about your beliefs/upbringing and wish to celebrate that you accept that many passionate rangers fans may not share those same beliefs however the love of rangers is ultimately more important and they aren't mutually exclusive. I think that's fair. I myself am very proud of being British, something many in this country and n.ireland are trying to make us feel ashamed of or painted as a bigot....I support the unionist/loyalist affiliations and traditions within our support but accept others wish to take no part in that side of things.

I think the problem is some who don't wish to be involved in these beliefs or traditions try to force their percieved offended ness onto others and instead of accepting it they try to challenge and belittle the upbringing, beliefs and values if others....

Striking the balance as you so eloquently put it is 100% the key....

No one forces anyone to join in mate. 100% of that crowd were fiercely proud loyalists and let it be known

If there's anyone in the crowd that don't like that sort of thing they can sing something else and see if anyone joins in

Personally there's some songs I hate as I find them cringey but I simply don't join in - never tell anyone to shut up

Guys like Bp9 and handwringers don't believe in balance - they want our loyalist culture wiped out

If Rangers fans were / are the backbone of the scots support and you choose to ignore it - do one - love and blow jobs all round xx

Back when supporting Scotland had no impact on being British, one would agree. However, the fact that Seperatists and Wallace Wannabes have infiltrated the ranks to the extent they boo THEIR OWN National Anthem over some misguided hatred of England means the SFA 11 mean little to many good Rangers men.

Rangers are an identity, deal with it

No one forces anyone to join in mate. 100% of that crowd were fiercely proud loyalists and let it be known

If there's anyone in the crowd that don't like that sort of thing they can sing something else and see if anyone joins in

Personally there's some songs I hate as I find them cringey but I simply don't join in - never tell anyone to shut up

Guys like Bp9 and handwringers don't believe in balance - they want our loyalist culture wiped out

I decided at the age of 20 that atheism/agnostic was for me. I ditched my beliefs at that point. (Some thing to do wtih being at war then)

At 33 I left the sunny (?) shore of the UK and came to live here in Namibia. (I am still British with a Brit passport).

Not for one moment do I NOT consider myself any less of a Rangers fan because of any of this.

If you want to sing (legal) songs then on you go, like 1st_Jan says, you don't have to join in if you don't want to. That should not make me a handwringer or anything else - just a humble supporter.

Good article D'art

Wednesday was an amazing experience for me mate as for the first time in a long while it felt like the rangers fans there were all singing from the same hyme sheet both litelary and figuratively...as I said above I am immensely proud to be British and I can accept that some fans don't indentify with our unionist/loyalist heritage and that's fine but as you rightly say no-one says they have to join in or think the same way as you or me....there are room for all views at our club IMO but when certain individuals take it upon themselves to criticise and judge fans for their beliefs it crosses a line.....

Wednesday was an amazing experience for me mate as for the first time in a long while it felt like the rangers fans there were all singing from the same hyme sheet both litelary and figuratively...as I said above I am immensely proud to be British and I can accept that some fans don't indentify with our unionist/loyalist heritage and that's fine but as you rightly say no-one says they have to join in or think the same way as you or me....there are room for all views at our club IMO but when certain individuals take it upon themselves to criticise and judge fans for their beliefs it crosses a line.....

I decided at the age of 20 that atheism/agnostic was for me. I ditched my beliefs at that point. (Some thing to do wtih being at war then)

At 33 I left the sunny (?) shore of the UK and came to live here in Namibia. (I am still British with a Brit passport).

Not for one moment do I NOT consider myself any less of a Rangers fan because of any of this.

If you want to sing (legal) songs then on you go, like 1st_Jan says, you don't have to join in if you don't want to. That should not make me a handwringer or anything else - just a humble supporter.

Good article D'art

A completely acceptable and understandable viewpoint mate....room for many different opinions within our great support...

Good article D'art

I don't think anyone can say because you don't sing loyalist songs then your not a true Rangers fans

What I do say and will continue to say until the day I die that if your a Rangers fan but continually stick the boot into Loyalists and their songs then your acting like a taig Infact your no better than one as we have enough people trying to eradicate our culture without our own starting too

As I said there's some Gers songs I cringe at and don't sing - that doesn't make me less of a fan either

I don't think anyone can say because you don't sing loyalist songs then your not a true Rangers fans

What I do say and will continue to say until the day I die that if your a Rangers fan but continually stick the boot into Loyalists and their songs then your acting like a taig Infact your no better than one as we have enough people trying to eradicate our culture without our own starting too

As I said there's some Gers songs I cringe at and don't sing - that doesn't make me less of a fan either

That's kind of what I was trying to say too but I do not have the eloquence of writing that D'art does

If you don't sing them, it should not mean anything. Moaning at a fellow fan for singing something that is LEGAL should not happen - they are entitled to sing what the hell they want regardless.

I'm an athiest but respect everyones beliefs. Sheffield was amazing and I was proud of the fans. One thing is for sure, with the referendum nearing, the pressure / sanctions will get ramped up on us as they attempt to silence us. Stand up for your beliefs and sing loud and proud (with no digs at others) and let everyone know the bears are back.

D'art you never cease to amaze me, but what you have written today is your best in IMHO. I to am proud to be protestant, British and most of all proud to follow the greatest football club in the world. And may I add with the greatest fans in the world. No Surrender. :7325:

My favourite dinosaur as a kid was the Stegosaurus, but I think D'art has taken over that title.

I'm not religious in the slightest. I'm not particularly fond of the Royals. But I recognise the importance of protestantism and loyalism to the vast majority of our support and the connection they have with my club thanks to my dad.

Great piece D. (tu)

Well said D'Art we are a club unique in our love of Britain and unique in the political and religious context of Glasgow and the West of Scotland. We show how to celebrate Britain without all the horrible right wing racisim of the nationalist movements (BNP, UKIP, EDL) we are the best of British proud and strong but with tolerance and a desire to better ourselves and to always show strength in our battles with the bigots who would love to destroy us. Our story is the story of the just against the unjust and our voices are as one when we sing our songs of pride.