re sign nacho novo

Honestly, i have met him about three times, once at a signing and twice at games. He was always very polite, very kind, always made sure he got everyone who wanted a picture or autograph, even when everyone else was shouting him to get on the bus. He was a real gentleman. I can't believe the club's reaction to him.

I mean another thing i was thinking, funny Miller suddenly signed new deal in Canada, was it because all the speculation and news was rubbish and he had NOT actually been offered anything at Rangers, and in all honesty needed a job

I really can't believe someone like Nacho they know so well, who always gave 100% percent for this club can be treated so poorly. I mean he doesnt need to love Rangers, they have treated him pretty poorly over the last years of him being here and being Spanish, but yet he loves this club with everything, and its still not worth a small deal. It's pretty shocking. God we had to suffer Lafferty and Broadfoot for long enough. Really cross about this :(

I fucking love the club too, should they offer me a deal?

Ludicrous comments - face facts, he's not good enough to play for us anymore. That's it. Simple. You'd be forgiven for thinking we were some bloke casually strolling past a dying man on the street, what with your reaction. He's a grown man who's earned a great living (plenty of that from our club) - he'll cope (tu)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe someone like Nacho they know so well, who always gave 100% percent for this club can be treated so poorly. I mean he doesnt need to love Rangers, they have treated him pretty poorly over the last years of him being here and being Spanish, but yet he loves this club with everything, and its still not worth a small deal. It's pretty shocking. God we had to suffer Lafferty and Broadfoot for long enough. Really cross about this :(

:lol:

Give him a contract because he really loves us. Laughable stuff.

Hardly ludicrious,?

Your comments are pretty sad, who are you to decide if he is good enough or not?.

Shocking to compare it to a dying man, what a sick thing to say.

Oh grow up, a sick thing to say, behave. My point was that we're a football club looking to sign the best players we can, we're not a charity for veterans. We paid him a wage over the years and he played football for us. He did well for us. He's not somehow entitled to be given another contract with us because we paid him well to make a living a few years back. We're not mistreating the man and to claim that is absolutely ridiculous, where would it end if we 'owed' former players who did well for us over the years? Wll we be mistreating McGregor if he wants a swan song a few years down the line, considering he spent double the time Nacho did here? Of course not. We're a football club and a business. Pissing away money on a guy who wouldn't make our bench is daft.

And who am I to say he is or isn't good enough? I'm a guy who's watched him frequently since he left us. Im a guy who watched him score very few goals while getting relegated to the Spanish third division. I'm a guy who watched him look poor in a bloody charity match, with guys 20 years older than him.

At the end of the day, As you point out, neither me nor you is in a position to judge whether he is or is not good enough, we can only give our opinions. If you were saying you thought we should sign him because you think he's better than what we have then fair enough, I'd respect that, but you are saying we should sign him basically because he supports our club and was once a good servant for us. That's ludicrous

Oh grow up, a sick thing to say, behave. My point was that we're a football club looking to sign the best players we can, we're not a charity for veterans. We paid him a wage over the years and he played football for us. He did well for us. He's not somehow entitled to be given another contract with us because we paid him well to make a living a few years back. We're not mistreating the man and to claim that is absolutely ridiculous, where would it end if we 'owed' former players who did well for us over the years? Wll we be mistreating McGregor if he wants a swan song a few years down the line, considering he spent double the time Nacho did here? Of course not. We're a football club and a business. Pissing away money on a guy who wouldn't make our bench is daft.

And who am I to say he is or isn't good enough? I'm a guy who's watched him frequently since he left us. Im a guy who watched him score very few goals while getting relegated to the Spanish third division. I'm a guy who watched him look poor in a bloody charity match, with guys 20 years older than him.

At the end of the day, As you point out, neither me nor you is in a position to judge whether he is or is not good enough, we can only give our opinions. If you were saying you thought we should sign him because you think he's better than what we have then fair enough, I'd respect that, but you are saying we should sign him basically because he supports our club and was once a good servant for us. That's ludicrous

If you bothered to click on my profile you would see many other posts about nacho where i have said just that. I think he is more than capable of doing a job in division 2 and is better than some we have, not just sentiment, haha, you guys talk such rubbish when someone doesn't agree with you.

I think he would make a good signing you don't, agree to disagree end of.

p.s all this grow up nonsense, i probably have rangers programmes older than you son ;)

If you bothered to click on my profile you would see many other posts about nacho where i have said just that. I think he is more than capable of doing a job in division 2 and is better than some we have, not just sentiment, haha, you guys talk such rubbish when someone doesn't agree with you.

p.s all this grow up nonsense, i probably have rangers programmes older than you son ;)

At best, he'd get 10 minutes if we're cruising. Would be completely pointless.

With all due respect, why would I click on your profile. I don't wnt to know your history, I'm merely responding to your sentimental posts in here. Virtually every post in this thread you have made has been about how the club has wronged Novo, how he loves the club and how we should give him a contract because of that. If you had simply said, "I think Novo should get a contract because he's good enough" in the first place then I wouldn't have taken such issue with it. It was the constant moaning that wee Novo is somehow hard done by which I found rather odd, considering he's made a fantastic living from the club. So, I'd be careful about accusations of people "talking rubbish" just because they don't agree with your idea about hard done by Nacho Novo.

As for his talents, in watching him over the past 3-4 years, I've thought he's been very poor and certainly not what we should be looking for after what we've just been through. I agree that he could probably do a job and score a few goals but I don't think it's anything that the strikers we have couldn't do more efficiently. I'd rather have Clark developing as a footballer than watch the last throes of Novo's career.

Finally, I told you to grow up because your silly comment about me talking about someone dying being 'sick' was daft and deliberately (I hope) missed the point I was making: that any player wanting to play for Rangers has to earn it through talent, not sentiment. We owe Nacho Novo nothing and would be doing absolutely nothing wrong in not even considering offering him a contract - it's quite clear that was the point I was making (tu)

Liked the programme comment aswell, do you even have the foggiest idea what age I am?