Rangers: A Club that has lost touch with its roots?

*Manticore*

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, denial, bluster. The bigot's defence.

I wonder if you actually believe the bullshit you spout.

Are you actually so clueless that you genuinely think the comment wasn't sectarian or do you know it was and just think you're being clever?

Where did you get the info on the religious beliefs of that squad?

You know that Johnston wasn't the first non-Protestant to sign for Rangers don't you?

Yes I do know that, the question mark was there in my post to say that maybe it wasn't a protestant squad.

But I would say that looking back at that squad it is very likely.

Ha! I remember when in was living on copland road and across the street on copland quadrant (90% bears) I seen a boy with his rangers top on and Liam on the back.

That was 15 years ago and I guess times change.

Ha! I remember when in was living on copland road and across the street on copland quadrant (90% bears) I seen a boy with his rangers top on and Liam on the back.

That was 15 years ago and I guess times change.

You never know. With mixed marriages and relationships these days along with trendy names, you couldn't rule out that there are a couple of wee bears called Dominic and Aiden who are reading this thread, wondering what they've done to deserve such chagrin, albeit they may not phrase it quite that way.

Well if that's addressed to me, the answer is simple. Don't be so fucking stupid.

There is not one word in any of my posts that suggests that I object to any named item being sold, so you can stick your bigotry up your arse.

I'm a bigot? :lol:

Alright, carry on raging about the names on key rings.

*Shudders*

Some are quite deliberatly missing and mocking the point made by Manticore. A very valid one too.

We are known world wide(a la barcelona matchday newspaper) as the club of the Protestants.

Sadly, the only people who would be only to happy to sweep this under the carpet and make out it's something to ashamed of are some of those on here and " within" the ranks of the Rangers support. Fuckin sad days indeed.

Never mind D'Art , Manti , Minstral, Bluenose 1972, !st Jan 1994, Billy and Alex Wilson(my boys), and any other proud Protestant Rangers supporter, the day could come soon when it'll only be us and a few thousand die hards who bother to go to Ibrox or follow follow everywhere and anywhere,cos if things carry on going tits up on the park, those within the support who are trying to turn Rangers into a club the same as the others, wont have the stomach or need to go anymore.after all, apart from my sons, most of the old timers named previously, have seen the diehard only days under Greig.

I still wonder to this day, where all those thousands of Rangers "fans" came from all of a sudden under Souness, and who vanished every other game of the season apart from OF and Cup Final matches. Ah well never mind.

Manticore, great post and so true mate, i dare say mine will be slaughtered and mocked the same as yours, could not give a fuck about that to be honest, wont be the fuckin first time ha ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

Let's be honest, most of us have Protestant/ Presbyterian roots. This is probably less true now than in the past, but still true.

It even shows in our names, mainly Scottish/ British or Ulster Scots, also British of course.

So why in our Club Megastore, amongst the named keyrings, and door labels, do we get Aiden and Dominic, but no Derek?

How many bears do you know called Aiden or Dominic? How many of our players?

A small thing, I know, but it seems to me our Club is scared of reality.

went to a proddy primary school, everybody supported the 'Gers

sang all the songs at the game

don't give a fuck about Aiden or Dominic in the megastore

ur you aff yer heid !

Some are quite deliberatly missing and mocking the point made by Manticore. A very valid one too.

We are known world wide(a la barcelona matchday newspaper) as the club of the Protestants.

Sadly, the only people who would be only to happy to sweep this under the carpet and make out it's something to ashamed of are some of those on here and " within" the ranks of the Rangers support. Fuckin sad days indeed.

Never mind D'Art , Manti , Minstral, Bluenose 1972, !st Jan 1994, Billy and Alex Wilson(my boys), and any other proud Protestant Rangers supporter, the day could come soon when it'll only be us and a few thousand die hards who bother to go to Ibrox or follow follow everywhere and anywhere,cos if things carry on going tits up on the park, those within the support who are trying to turn Rangers into a club the same as the others, wont have the stomach or need to go anymore.after all, apart from my sons, most of the old timers named previously, have seen the diehard only days under Greig.

I still wonder to this day, where all those thousands of Rangers "fans" came from all of a sudden under Souness, and who vanished every other game of the season apart from OF and Cup Final matches. Ah well never mind.

Manticore, great post and so true mate, i dare say mine will be slaughtered and mocked the same as yours, could not give a fuck about that to be honest, wont be the fuckin first time ha ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

I actually like your posts Rab. They come from the heart!

With all the shit that's going on in the boardroom (again) it was refreshing to open a light-hearted thread, it made me smile.

Personally I would remove the Aidan and Dominic keyrings just like I did with the green clothes pegs I got in the pack!!!

I actually don't know any protestants called Aidan or Dominic but I suppose that doesn't mean there are none!

Anyway Rab No Surrender :uk:

I actually like your posts Rab. They come from the heart!

With all the shit that's going on in the boardroom (again) it was refreshing to open a light-hearted thread, it made me smile.

Personally I would remove the Aidan and Dominic keyrings just like I did with the green clothes pegs I got in the pack!!!

I actually don't know any protestants called Aidan or Dominic but I suppose that doesn't mean there are none!

Anyway Rab No Surrender :uk:

Is that you on twitter jinty?

Fuckin green clothes pegs!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha haha. My auntie josephine does the same, ha ha ha,

Had me me in fuckin stitches there amigo.

No Surrender

Rab

No Surrender

Rab

Great post Rab.

Let's be honest, most of us have Protestant/ Presbyterian roots. This is probably less true now than in the past, but still true.

It even shows in our names, mainly Scottish/ British or Ulster Scots, also British of course.

So why in our Club Megastore, amongst the named keyrings, and door labels, do we get Aiden and Dominic, but no Derek?

How many bears do you know called Aiden or Dominic? How many of our players?

A small thing, I know, but it seems to me our Club is scared of reality.

manticore why on earth would this bother you? you go from this in one thread "I wonder how much of the bible is similarly forged." straight to "im so annoyed that our protestant roots are being forgotten" in another. you sir are a plastic protestant. if you dont believe in God then why would catholic or any other stereotypical names offend you? if your so worried about our roots in this thread then why are you mocking our roots in others?

No Surrender

Rab

Well said Rab.

Poor John, he just doesn't understand words.

poor manticore trying to defend our protestant roots in this thread whilst constantly mocking them in every other....

which is it son? one of the people or not one of the people?

www.confused.com

John you are both a proven liar and illiterate. I would not waste my words on you, you would not understand and would then misrepresent what I say.

You can carry on sniping to your wee heart's content, like any other babbling idiot.

John you are both a proven liar and illiterate. I would not waste my words on you, you would not understand and would then misrepresent what I say.

You can carry on sniping to your wee heart's content, like any other babbling idiot.

some recent quotes from the amazing 'protestant name' defender manticore

"I often have that problem with religious folk, some of them believe the most outlandish things, they put themselves beyond parody. "

talking about protestants

"In fairness, you'd be as well just going to some dumb born again xtian website, he has nothing original to offer a debate."

"Some daft creationist website no doubt, they give out stupid questions to stupid people to ask clever people.

They don't understand that it just looks foolish. The bottom line is they will do anything to avoid educating themselves properly, because behind all the bravado, they know where that leads...... "

no idea why your pretending that you care less about our roots..you want rid of them and call people who follow those roots stupid,foolish,dumb and beyond parody... youve been found out.

some recent quotes from the amazing 'protestant name' defender manticore

"I often have that problem with religious folk, some of them believe the most outlandish things, they put themselves beyond parody. "

"In fairness, you'd be as well just going to some dumb born again xtian website, he has nothing original to offer a debate."

"Some daft creationist website no doubt, they give out stupid questions to stupid people to ask clever people.

They don't understand that it just looks foolish. The bottom line is they will do anything to avoid educating themselves properly, because behind all the bravado, they know where that leads...... "

no idea why your pretending that you care less about our roots..you want rid of them and call people who follow those roots stupid,foolish,dumb and beyond parody... youve been found out.

If a sentient human being asked me this I would clarify my point, but you don't matter.

If a sentient human being asked me this I would clarify my point, but you don't matter.

thats right guys youve heard it here first. because iam a protestant, manticore believes i dont matter and that iam not even a sentient human being..

so much for the "were losing our roots" nonsense.

embarassing