Grass v Astro

It shouldn't make a difference seeing as Murray park has one and the 4 or 5 teams have an astro pitch last season

You are playing football on it and why should the type of grass affect how you play ?

It does make a difference though imo ,

I'm not arguing with that but in your opinion what differences do you see when players play on astro instead of grass ?

Games tend to be a bit faster and you feel it a lot more after the game than when playing on grass , its also important to anticipate the bounce of the ball , which is a lot different than a ball bouncing on grass .

Having said that it`s not like in tennis where a good player on grass might be shit on clay/hard court etc , imo a good player should be able to play to his potential on either surface .

We have a 3G pitch at Auchenhowie. If we don't use it to prepare for games on Astro- then we're asking for trouble.

That's exactly what I'm saying , especially if Ally said he won't risk players after Temps injury last season .Would like to know if the team train on grass all week ,regardless of the upcoming game surface

I'm not arguing with that but in your opinion what differences do you see when players play on astro instead of grass ?

On astro the bounce of the ball , speed of the ball across the surface when passed ,which leads to more anticipation by the player to get the ball under control