Charles Green DID save our club

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any buyer anywhere needed the fans backing.

We very much helped keep the club alive but fact of the matter is without a buyer it didn't matter how many were willing to buy season tickets.

With or without Charles we would've survived imo anyway. Remember Whyte had a massive say on who owned us.

If people are unwilling to give Charles the credit he deserves they are probably struggling to see the truth around the other bids that were put in.

Craig Mather's statement yesterday said it all for me, there are too many 'Rangers men' who did nothing or not nearly enough when we needed them and who now seem to feel entitled to a say.

Our club needed saving and it was saved, Green as the leader of the saving takes the bulk of credit.

What is so hard to understand?

He was brought in as the face, therefore whoever brought him in should earn the bulk of the credit. By your logic.

Im not a Charles Green fan - but those who are suggesting that he and his consortium were not responsible for saving our club, along with a magnificent support - then you are engaging in revisionist history even the darkside would be proud of.

Im with you on this d, but we have got to be selfish here, did he save us for our sake ? Or for his own ends?

Im not a Charles Green fan - but those who are suggesting that he and his consortium were not responsible for saving our club, along with a magnificent support - then you are engaging in revisionist history even the darkside would be proud of.

I give him some credit however. Whyte made sure it was a one horse race.

Thank you D'Art, this is my main point. Irrespective of Green's merits now what he (and his group) did in purchasing us last year shouldn't be denied or downplayed.

And this is the rewriting of history I refer to. Every single other bidder was a huge let down.

If he never came around then another group would have been chosen instead. The supporters remaining loyal saved the club. Charles Green did quite well but he is not the saviour.

He's another fucking arsepiece I want to have fuck all to do with the club.

Charles green is in this for Charles green not Rangers FC. We know his consortium put the money up its done ffs. But his time his come and he should also find himself out of the club.

Sick of the fucking lot of them right now tbh

What's he even done wrong?

The guy's an embarrassment.

He's been back two days and it's already turning into the Charles Green show. Again....

Funny how he returns once we've sold 34k season tickets. :rolleyes:

Fair enough you view him like that, but do you agree with my general point that it's wrong to talk as if the club wasn't rescued by he and his group buying us?