Charles Green DID save our club

Lets be clear, as there seems to be growing momentum even on here for the idea that Charles Green didn't save Rangers. He led a group to buy the club, he ran us day to day for about the first year of our new company structure and stood up for us at key moments.

Now I accept there's criticism to be thrown at the man, I can even accept there's room for doubt as to the benefits of his continued involvement. But regardless of all that and regardless of how Ally McCoist sees him now, do not rewrite history as if we had bidders falling over each other to buy us, as if the 'Rangers men' didn't let us down, as if the administration process was rigged when after over a year there's not been one shred of solid proof to show that.

I'm not sure at all what's going to happen now with Green and everyone else but you can never take away what he did for us when we were at our lowest ebb.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the face of the consortium and he didn't run the club day to day single-handedly. If you are so desperate for him to recieve the praise he deserves then open that up to the rest of the consortium members too. That's my bug bear when people go on about CG saving the club.

He's another fucking arsepiece I want to have fuck all to do with the club.

Charles green is in this for Charles green not Rangers FC. We know his consortium put the money up its done ffs. But his time his come and he should also find himself out of the club.

Sick of the fucking lot of them right now tbh

Who stands to win if Green comes back and turns us in to a successful financially well run club with a healthy share price?

Shareholders like me and ST holders

Who stands to lose?

The Troo Bloo Nights, Dingbat and the obsessed, self important bloggers who can't see past their own egos

He's another fucking arsepiece I want to have fuck all to do with the club.

Charles green is in this for Charles green not Rangers FC. We know his consortium put the money up its done ffs. But his time his come and he should also find himself out of the club.

Sick of the fucking lot of them right now tbh

Whether he stays on now or not isn't really my point.

Who stands to win if Green comes back and turns us in to a successful financially well run club with a healthy share price?

Who stands to lose?

The Troo Bloo Nights, Dingbat and the obsessed, self important bloggers who can't see past their own egos

like a lot of others on here, once you can see the bigger picture over your manic hatred of the dingbat character, we might get somewhere, Green is a poison

Who stands to lose?

(tu) this.

Not forgetting Edmiston House, Albion car park and Airport shop to name but 3.

How? By fronting a consortium which Ahmad seems to be behind or by getting the money from Rizvi?

Green was a spokesperson who his own people predicted would make his own position untenable because he couldn't shut up.

I've already outlined that he led a group to buy the club, no-one has ever said he paid single handedly.

Without a buyer there was nothing to put money into.

CG can buy whatever he wants without our money it was pointless. Away at the beginning of Administration it was us that packed out Ibrox and donated to the RFFF without such help the club would've died. We saved the club

I think the point i'm making is clear, that people are rewriting history as if he's never done anything for us.

And my point is clear too. That some, not mentioning names, try to rewrite history to the opposite extreme.

CG can buy whatever he wants without our money it was pointless. Away at the beginning of Administration it was us that packed out Ibrox and donated to the RFFF without such help the club would've died. We saved the club

Any buyer anywhere needed the fans backing.

We very much helped keep the club alive but fact of the matter is without a buyer it didn't matter how many were willing to buy season tickets.