Hello Jim!

Kai_Johansen

By all accounts Mr McColl (Jim) is a very astute business man and I'm sure very few on here would disagree with his (own) summation. However, unless he's prepared to purchase a share holding like many on here (however small) then Jim (my I call you Jim) has no more right to a seat on our board as a Director/Chairman or whatever, than you or I.

As a support we have paid a heavy price for our clubs unhealthy infatuation with mega (alleged) wealthy individuals who see a seat on the Rangers board as a nice (earner) thing to have, but not worthy of putting their hands in their own pockets for. However, many of these mega (alleged) wealthy individuals (hopeful not you Jim) see nothing wrong with putting their hands in our pockets, as legitimate recompense for their limited and over valued time and experience!

I use Mr McColl only as an example (apologies Jim), their are of course a whole host of itinerant faceless mega (alleged) wealthy individuals as equally (un)qualified as Mr McColl (no disrespect Jim) that could join our board (as an act of community service) and help themselves to obscene amounts of money in as short a time as possible. A sort of supermarket sweep if you like, with Jim (erudite and suave) playing the part of Dale Winton (all orange and shiny), filling his vast trolley (euphemism) to the strains of simply the best.

If we have learn't anything over the last 18 months, it surely must be that we as a support take nothing/nobody at face value, especially when dealing with mega (alleged) wealthy individuals who aren't prepared to commit their own money into our club. Our most recent past is littered with self serving (SDM CW) egotists who were ready and willing to ruin our club for their own personal gain and hubris.

Of course may be Mr McColl (Jim) is the exception to the general Rangers rule, maybe this genuinely mega wealthy individual really has the best interest of our club at heart, and is willing and able to invest not only his own personal money, but his valuable time and expertise without excessive recompense or favour!

If I sound a little cynical its because as a support, we have been sold this rubbish on so many occasion, surely its time all these Johnny (Jimmy) come lately's knew who really own this club, You and I, and the fifty plus thousand who turn up every other week, buying season tickets, replica shirts and match day hospitality .

If we (as a support) were ever to get organised and test out who really owns our club by boycott Ibrox on just one match day, I'm sure that would really test the level of affection of our erstwhile billionaires, because an empty Ibrox isn't worth feck all to anybody, ant that right (billionaire) Jim!

'We are the People'

I've got no idea how there can possibly be any logic in boycotting Ibrox.

In what way would that allow us to 'test out who really owns our club'?

Absolute nonsense of a post.

Yep the op was spouting 'absolute nonsense...'

The reason Rangers are an attractive commodity for these people is because we have paid out on Sts, and always will do. That money is what they want, they then provide a product. If we don't like the product what then? No-one is going to stop supporting Rangers so it is a steady return for little outlay, Christ McColl hasnae paid a penny, Mather put up £1 million and gets that back in two years of current salary.

Eventually we'll get wise and own our club ourselves. It'll be a long long time till then.

The reason Rangers are an attractive commodity for these people is because we have paid out on Sts, and always will do. That money is what they want, they then provide a product. If we don't like the product what then? No-one is going to stop supporting Rangers so it is a steady return for little outlay, Christ McColl hasnae paid a penny, Mather put up £1 million and gets that back in two years of current salary.

Eventually we'll get wise and own our club ourselves. It'll be a long long time till then.

so true

Steady return for little outlay? Only if youre in a paid position, Have you not noticed we have a history of running up debt? How does that square with the idea that investors get steady income?

The response to my original post was as much as I expected, lots of patriotic nonsense about never hurting Rangers etc. I don't doubt anyone's loyalty amongst our support, nor did I call actually for a boycott,

I said and I quote

'If we (as a support) were ever to get organised and test out who really owns our club by boycott Ibrox on just one match day, I'm sure that would really test the level of affection of our erstwhile billionaires'

The emphasise was placed on the 'if we as a support' not the boycott, nor the billionaires!

There are some amongst our support still willing to lift their shirt tails every time some Johnny come lately arrives on the scene spouting tails of untold riches, FFS why?. If we are not careful, we are in for another financial fisting, personally I'm getting right pissed off with it all!

'We are the people'

Steady return for little outlay? Only if youre in a paid position, Have you not noticed we have a history of running up debt? How does that square with the idea that investors get steady income?

Exactly.

It's only steady income, until it runs out. Money is disappearing out as fast as its come in. It'll be interesting to see if Green produces any accounts by the Sept deadline.

Green is trying to extort as a high a price as he can, before we get to the tipping point again !

Exactly.

It's only steady income, until it runs out. Money is disappearing out as fast as its come in. It'll be interesting to see if Green produces any accounts by the Sept deadline.

Green is trying to extort as a high a price as he can, before we get to the tipping point again !

Care to explain how he as the leader of a consortium who OWN the majority shareholding in our club can EXTORT money by simply naming a price he wants for those shares which his consortium own?

extort [ɪkˈstɔːt]vb (tr)

1. to secure (money, favours, etc.) by intimidation, violence, or the misuse of influence or authority

2. to obtain by importunate demands the children extorted a promise of a trip to the zoo

3. (Business / Commerce) to overcharge for (something, esp

interest on a loan)

[from Latin extortus wrenched out, from extorquēre to wrest away, from torquēre to twist, wrench]

Care to explain how he as the leader of a consortium who OWN the majority shareholding in our club can EXTORT money by simply naming a price he wants for those shares which his consortium own?

extort [ɪkˈstɔːt]vb (tr)

1. to secure (money, favours, etc.) by intimidation, violence, or the misuse of influence or authority

2. to obtain by importunate demands the children extorted a promise of a trip to the zoo

3. (Business / Commerce) to overcharge for (something, esp

interest on a loan)

[from Latin extortus wrenched out, from extorquēre to wrest away, from torquēre to twist, wrench]

Because Green knows and Smith & McColl know we're heading for the rocks again very soon. We're burning cash too quickly and will need another cash injection before the seasons out to avoid going into administration again.

Green knows Smith & McColl won't want this to happen !

By all accounts Mr McColl (Jim) is a very astute business man and I'm sure very few on here would disagree with his (own) summation. However, unless he's prepared to purchase a share holding like many on here (however small) then Jim (my I call you Jim) has no more right to a seat on our board as a Director/Chairman or whatever, than you or I.

As a support we have paid a heavy price for our clubs unhealthy infatuation with mega (alleged) wealthy individuals who see a seat on the Rangers board as a nice (earner) thing to have, but not worthy of putting their hands in their own pockets for. However, many of these mega (alleged) wealthy individuals (hopeful not you Jim) see nothing wrong with putting their hands in our pockets, as legitimate recompense for their limited and over valued time and experience!

I use Mr McColl only as an example (apologies Jim), their are of course a whole host of itinerant faceless mega (alleged) wealthy individuals as equally (un)qualified as Mr McColl (no disrespect Jim) that could join our board (as an act of community service) and help themselves to obscene amounts of money in as short a time as possible. A sort of supermarket sweep if you like, with Jim (erudite and suave) playing the part of Dale Winton (all orange and shiny), filling his vast trolley (euphemism) to the strains of simply the best.

If we have learn't anything over the last 18 months, it surely must be that we as a support take nothing/nobody at face value, especially when dealing with mega (alleged) wealthy individuals who aren't prepared to commit their own money into our club. Our most recent past is littered with self serving (SDM CW) egotists who were ready and willing to ruin our club for their own personal gain and hubris.

Of course may be Mr McColl (Jim) is the exception to the general Rangers rule, maybe this genuinely mega wealthy individual really has the best interest of our club at heart, and is willing and able to invest not only his own personal money, but his valuable time and expertise without excessive recompense or favour!

If I sound a little cynical its because as a support, we have been sold this rubbish on so many occasion, surely its time all these Johnny (Jimmy) come lately's knew who really own this club, You and I, and the fifty plus thousand who turn up every other week, buying season tickets, replica shirts and match day hospitality .

If we (as a support) were ever to get organised and test out who really owns our club by boycott Ibrox on just one match day, I'm sure that would really test the level of affection of our erstwhile billionaires, because an empty Ibrox isn't worth feck all to anybody, ant that right (billionaire) Jim!

'We are the People'

Maybe use a person who actually wants to do something at the club as far as we are all aware he has no intrest in putting money into the club or buying it, he wants a seat on the board for free as far as I can see.

Doesn't make sense to me, J McColl probably already earns more in a year than most of us will earn in a lifetime, why would he want to take on Rangers for a small (relative to his already massive earnings) income from our club?

Unless he is doing it for the privilege and legend status he will gain from saving us from further troubles. He is not the first and wont be the last Scotsman with a generous philanthropic tendency.

Well KJ I liked your post even if few others did.

In particular I agree that reverting to more militant type action may be our only hope of convincing these money men - that the heart and soul of this club have a voice - and that voice deserves to be listened to - not patronised with lip service.

The response to my original post was as much as I expected, lots of patriotic nonsense about never hurting Rangers etc. I don't doubt anyone's loyalty amongst our support, nor did I call actually for a boycott,

I said and I quote

The emphasise was placed on the 'if we as a support' not the boycott, nor the billionaires!Some see what thet want to see Kai.;-)

There are some amongst our support still willing to lift their shirt tails every time some Johnny come lately arrives on the scene spouting tails of untold riches, FFS why?. If we are not careful, we are in for another financial fisting, personally I'm getting right pissed off with it all!

'We are the people'

Some see what they want to see Kai ;-)