Drew Roberton who's this roaster?

1st_Jan_1994

Charles green is just a mouthpiece, he opens his gob and lets his belly rumble far too often.

Why indeed is a mere 'consultant' of the club disclosing information and flapping his gums at every opportunity. The man needs a muzzle to keep him in check. Sooner he is gone the better.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the fact everyone wants him to succeed but do you not think it's a damning indictment that we need 8 new signings for this division?

How is it a damning indictment? At the start of last season we had 8 pros, and a transfer embargo about to kick in. Players were signed up to put a team on the park and get us out of the division. There was nothing considered about it. This year he's able to build his own team, and looking at the likes of Cribari, the Greek and disappointments like Black last year, I don't see that 8 players is excessive. With a bit of luck they'll all work out, we'll get momentum going and we'll go into the second tier with a settled, free-flowing team that'll only need a couple of additions.

Well, frankly yes. We do need those players.

Last year was good enough to win that league, but we couldn't do it with any style, couldn't compete in the cups and had no consistency to speak of.

Ally then stated we lost 6 players and replaced them with 8. So effectively we have only gained 2 from last term.

So he's bought the nucleus of a team and barring Newcastle, hasn't been able to field them. Once he can and they have a run of games, Ally can be properly judged with a degree of fairness.

That's just my viewpoint tho. What dyou think?

Of the 6 we lost lost? Boca & Goian spent last season on loan , they didn't need replaced as he already replaced them, not very well I may add.

Sandaza was punted frankly because he was on too much money and not performing but he was a McCoist signing. Plus another signing we ddin't need to win a 3rd division.

We lost Alexander and signed Bell, that one I'll admit needed replacing but of the others I'm struggling to think who they were so was it fringe players? If so then do we need SPL quality players on SPL wages to replace them, because that's what most of our signings are.

Overall does the size of our squad and wage bill not only concern but also embarrass you? I believe Queen of the South won this division last season by 26 points on a playing budget of approx £500k inclduing signing fees etc

I like how our fans reps will condemn certain sections of the board, depending on which side they support but cannot bring themselves to see what's right in front of them when it comes to McCoist. I would argue their opinion of him is influenced by the fact they see him as a tool to oust Green and get other sections of the support onside.

Charles green is just a mouthpiece, he opens his gob and lets his belly rumble far too often.

Why indeed is a mere 'consultant' of the club disclosing information and flapping his gums at every opportunity. The man needs a muzzle to keep him in check. Sooner he is gone the better.

Because he's got the most shares and is determined to look after his investment and keep the share price stable

Is that not what everyone wants?

How is it a damning indictment? At the start of last season we had 8 pros, and a transfer embargo about to kick in. Players were signed up to put a team on the park and get us out of the division. There was nothing considered about it. This year he's able to build his own team, and looking at the likes of Cribari, the Greek and disappointments like Black last year, I don't see that 8 players is excessive. With a bit of luck they'll all work out, we'll get momentum going and we'll go into the second tier with a settled, free-flowing team that'll only need a couple of additions.

Good post

Because he's got the most shares and is determined to look after his investment and keep the share price stable

Is that not what everyone wants?

A common theme that's appearing is that all the fans with money who want to run the club expect Green to walkaway with nothing despite him getting the investors in the first and owning his own shares.

I'm sure they would do likewise with their own businesses.

A common theme that's appearing is that all the fans with money who want to run the club expect Green to walkaway with nothing despite him getting the investors in the first and owning his own shares.

I'm sure they would do likewise with their own businesses.

Yeah exactly

Some strange hypocrites in our fan base these days

In the Record and another "voice of the fans" saying Green is acting like a spoiled child and "no one will break Super Ally as Souness couldn't do it"

Where do they get these people from sick of them getting these platforms and speaking for us and talking nonsense

He sat on the bench so much he was nicknamed 'the judge'.

Sure ........... he got the better of Souness.

What time does your shift finish?

No~one is out to "break" McCoist.

There isn't a Rangers fan alive that wouldn't want Ally to succeed as a fantastic Rangers manager, the chances are however, he won't.

But if he is to fall, he has to be allowed to do it having done all he could. That means allowing him to field his 8 signings competitively and allowing them to gel. This takes time.

Only once he's had "his" signings, his preseason and his team and tactics can he, with any sense of justification, be told he can leave ~ if at all.

I reiterate, I would love Ally to succeed, but atm it just doesn't look like he can, but I'm more than willing to give him this chance.

If Ally never won the league this year you would have the same apologists coming out and defending him .

Drew Roberton replaced John McMillan as general secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, the oldest of all the fans groups.

He does not claim, in the same way as his predecessor, to speak for all Rangers fans.

The press want quotes from Rangers people to put in their papers to add to whatever rubbish they are writing about that day. Do they go out onto the street and just ask the first Rangers fan they meet, or do they contact the fans groups and ask a couple of questions to their press spokesman?

It is the papers who always put it across as "fans chief" or "fans supremo" or such nonsense, never the spokesman.

I really do wish the fans who come on here and have a go at the guys who are trying to make sure our fans have a voice both within the club and in general would stop all this nonsense about "they dont speak for me". It adds nothing to the debate. Give us your view if it differs from the one the spokesman has given. That is your right. But stop claiming that the fans spokesmen are trying to speak for you, as not one of them ever has claimed such a thing.

And that goes for the spokesmen at the Assembly, Trust and the other groups that have been quoted in the past.

Drew Roberton replaced John McMillan as general secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, the oldest of all the fans groups.

He does not claim, in the same way as his predecessor, to speak for all Rangers fans.

The press want quotes from Rangers people to put in their papers to add to whatever rubbish they are writing about that day. Do they go out onto the street and just ask the first Rangers fan they meet, or do they contact the fans groups and ask a couple of questions to their press spokesman?

It is the papers who always put it across as "fans chief" or "fans supremo" or such nonsense, never the spokesman.

I really do wish the fans who come on here and have a go at the guys who are trying to make sure our fans have a voice both within the club and in general would stop all this nonsense about "they dont speak for me". It adds nothing to the debate. Give us your view if it differs from the one the spokesman has given. That is your right. But stop claiming that the fans spokesmen are trying to speak for you, as not one of them ever has claimed such a thing.

And that goes for the spokesmen at the Assembly, Trust and the other groups that have been quoted in the past.

I know that the papers print fans voice but these guys aren't blameless - aside from them talking scripted shite they don't exactly go out of their way to remind the readers they are talking for only their members they happily string it along like a authoritarian voice or something

Usually they do actually. The papers just choose to ignore that bit as it adds nothing to their story.

I know this from personal experience when I was speaking for another Rangers fans group. The media just cut the wee snippets out that suit their story and ignore the rest. Usually blaming lask of space/time.

I can assure you it is very frustrating for those involved when you read the article back and see that the one point you asked them to include has been excluded.

Usually they do actually. The papers just choose to ignore that bit as it adds nothing to their story.

I know this from personal experience when I was speaking for another Rangers fans group. The media just cut the wee snippets out that suit their story and ignore the rest. Usually blaming lask of space/time.

I can assure you it is very frustrating for those involved when you read the article back and see that the one point you asked them to include has been excluded.

Maybe they should stop doing these interviews in the rags then - for more than this reason alone

Of the 6 we lost lost? Boca & Goian spent last season on loan , they didn't need replaced as he already replaced them, not very well I may add.

Sandaza was punted frankly because he was on too much money and not performing but he was a McCoist signing. Plus another signing we ddin't need to win a 3rd division.

We lost Alexander and signed Bell, that one I'll admit needed replacing but of the others I'm struggling to think who they were so was it fringe players? If so then do we need SPL quality players on SPL wages to replace them, because that's what most of our signings are.

Overall does the size of our squad and wage bill not only concern but also embarrass you? I believe Queen of the South won this division last season by 26 points on a playing budget of approx £500k inclduing signing fees etc

I like how our fans reps will condemn certain sections of the board, depending on which side they support but cannot bring themselves to see what's right in front of them when it comes to McCoist. I would argue their opinion of him is influenced by the fact they see him as a tool to oust Green and get other sections of the support onside.

Just so we're clear, I have the same opinion as you on most of what you posted.

But what I was trying to illustrate is the view the board will take. I'm merely playing Devil's Advocate.

As the boardroom are already under immense pressure for their non-football related antics, they are hardly going to heap more on themselves by removing Ally when they (and Ally) will use the points Ive highlighted for justification.

Whether we like it or not, Ally isn't getting pushed anywhere until his team get to play this term. I just see that as a cold hard fact.

Whether he leaves of his own free will remains to be seen.

is he on the rst board too?

Sure as eggs are eggs he will be connected to dingwall in some way

Oh! Another blazer chaser then?

Voice of the fans? Who gave him that label?

Speaks on behalf of Rangers Supporters? Really?

Not on my behalf he doesn't. The day I need someone to speak on my behalf is the day I need fed through a straw and Tennas best canny cope.

Walloper.

Although I agree with your point, your argument doesn't really hold up...

He is building his own team and signings like Clark, Law and Mohsni are the type of signings we should be making, but although he has made 8 signings Cribari and Argyriou haven't been replaced and Black still appears to be a first pick.

I agree we needed a good few bodies but the key areas that need to be strengthened haven't been!