Sebastien Faure

Stevie1972

What are everyone’s thoughts on Faure?

I believe he has the makings to become a great centre half for us & deserves a chance at centre half. Some of the criticism he received last season was because of the fact he was always played out of position (like many others last season) at right back, left back & centre mid! I for one didn’t rate him until he came on v Berwick & looked solid & scored! (following week dropped for some strange reason) If we give him a good run in the team at centre half along with Mohsni I believe he will prove a lot of doubters wrong & show why he was highly rated at youth level in France!

Thought Faure looked pretty good at the end of last season when actually played at CB for a change. Ideally I think he should be partnered with Mohsni when he is available as that would be our strongest defence. Would also like to see Gasparotto given more game time this season although I'm guessing McCulloch will be given far more games than he probably merits.

Thought Faure looked pretty good at the end of last season when actually played at CB for a change. Ideally I think he should be partnered with Mohsni when he is available as that would be our strongest defence. Would also like to see Gasparotto given more game time this season although I'm guessing McCulloch will be given far more games than he probably merits.

Exactly how I feel. Only saw Mohsni in highlights but he looks the part. Inept tactcical decisions diidnt show Faure in a good light but hopefully he gets a fair chance this season.

Maybe last season this season he is very fit and lean, Half the size he was.

still a bit to go IMO but i do think he will feature a lot more for us this season.

McCullochs game time will be cut back i reckon, we need the older players for experience but if we're 3-0 up at half time i hope McCoist subs some older players to get the youth some game time, none of this 70/80 minutes on the clock and he makes changes.

I thought he had a really good first half on Saturday but made a few mistakes second half. He definitely looks fitter than last season and if keeps playing well then there is no reason to sign another centre half IMO.

He has definetly slimmed down and he appears really keen to improve from reports about his work rate etc.....I don't think ally did him any favours last year playing him at rb and DM as a young guy new into the country.....if indeed finances are tight it wouldn't be the worst idea to try a d develop a partnership with him and moshini giving us more mobility at the back!

Glad to see him fitter and playing in the right position. There's definitely a footballer in there somewhere.

Playing next to Mohsni might have a positive effect on him, too. Just like Black, who seems to do much better when he's being complimented by Law's directness. Those two combinations could form a very solid block in the centre for us.

Glad to see him fitter and playing in the right position. There's definitely a footballer in there somewhere.

Playing next to Mohsni might have a positive effect on him, too. Just like Black, who seems to do much better when he's being complimented by Law's directness. Those two combinations could form a very solid block in the centre for us.

Totally agree, my fear along with many others is super will always look at trying to fit big mcculloch into the starting line up.

Totally agree, my fear along with many others is super will always look at trying to fit big mcculloch into the starting line up.

It's definitely a concern, mate. Here's hoping common sense prevails. McCulloch is still a good attacking option, but not a natural starter. Even in 'bigger' games, we've got Mohsni and Daly to provide a steadying influence on less experienced heads.