For The Avoidance Of Doubt - Official Statement

julescotia

If someone told you these stories in the street they would be laughed at, but when people read it from some dafty on twitter they take it as the truth. You just have to remember how much these people hate us and will do anything to cause harm to us and our club.

I can't find anything in the Record (or CF ) that suggests we don't own our own facilities............so where is this coming from ?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article quotes social media, not the bit in bold that you quoted.

Bear in mind though, JT has part of his contract for 'Crisis PR' and I suspect he has been told to go to print with this. The Daily Record issue was his bug bear of this article, he just added the social media aspect as a side dish.

Aw and you know it was only added as a 'side dish' as fact do you?

You clearly read a different statement than me.

Written by Rangers Football Club

We urge Rangers fans to treat these idiotic and lumbering articles with the contempt they deserve. Better still, ignore them completely.

The club has spoken.

Unfortunately, too many on here, would rather believe EVERY newspaper story, even though they know the mhedia hates us and write shite about us.

I'm fed up telling those people, even giving them facts, to stop believing said mhedia.

This is not the first time the OFFICIAL RANGERS SITE has told fans to ignore the mhedia stories, so why do these "so called" Rangers fans find in favour of the mhedia over our Club.

So, to those people, I say, grow up, use your own brain, see the mhedia for what they are and DO NOT ignore Club Statements.

The article quotes social media, not the bit in bold that you quoted.

Bear in mind though, JT has part of his contract for 'Crisis PR' and I suspect he has been told to go to print with this. The Daily Record issue was his bug bear of this article, he just added the social media aspect as a side dish.

"Also, there is a dangerous proliferation of anonymous obsessives on various social media sites and we will not give them any credence."

You continue to read his nonsense and believe it, I for one will follow what the club have said!

Steve , selective reading perhaps?

Everyone else seen the social media and blog comment, except you clearly.

I read it and understood it - inciting websites, The Daily Record and Media House. The article does mention social media and blogs, but only to say that they are not going to react to them or give them credence.

I read it and understood it - inciting websites, The Daily Record and Media House. The article does mention social media and blogs, but only to say that they are not going to react to them or give them credence.

Like that credence you give CF and his 'leaks'?

Anyway not having this argument for a third time, club said not to give the "anonymous obsessives on various social media sites" credence and ignore then completely and I shall follow suit as I have done previously.

You chose to believe and credit his pish if you like:wink:

Booooooo - get this aff

You are depriving the club of hits

The club does not need hits ffs.

When will people realise that the dot com boom was 15 years ago? Rangers do not have a hit counter, nor do they appear to have hit reactive advertising, so the club stands to make no money from us reading their official story on RM or the official website.

RM members on mobile deserve to be able to read the story from the thread and not have to redirect to the official site to read what we a re talking about.

Like that credence you give CF and his 'leaks'?

Anyway not having this argument for a third time, club said not to give the "anonymous obsessives on various social media sites" credence and ignore then completely and I shall follow suit as I have done previously.

You chose to believe and credit his pish if you like:wink:

A nice spin on words as they did not actually say that, but I also wish to forget the age old arguments for tonight. I have a wee beer by my side and am happy to have seen Rangers win another.

The club does not need hits ffs.

When will people realise that the dot com boom was 15 years ago? Rangers do not have a hit counter, nor do they appear to have hit reactive advertising, so the club stands to make no money from us reading their official story on RM or the official website.

RM members on mobile deserve to be able to read the story from the thread and not have to redirect to the official site to read what we a re talking about.

As far as I knew the amount of hits on the club website directly affected their ability to sell advertisement space on the site. In general we shouldn't c&p directly from the website, but encourage people to check the website.

But, I think for this a direct c&p is correct to get the info across to as many as possible. Because, shockingly, some on here avoid the club website like the plague.

these flights of fantasy will be monitored by our lawyers

The threat of legal action while never actually carrying out that threat, diminishes the threat in the first place !!

Otherwise, this is a very strong statement

That'sa bit more like it from JT. Bit of table thumping and finger pointing and setting the record (pun intended) straight is no bad thing. Voice is great, the actions to follow, at the right time of course, will hopefully be equally great. One thing though (and not to be read as a criticism) the heading of 'For the avoidance of doubt' would indicate he is spending time with the lawyers. It's a phrase often used in contracts when you've said what you've said but you still don't think the message is clear enough so to avoid doubt you say it again with more clarity.

But - for clarity - the message today is clear enough.

As far as I knew the amount of hits on the club website directly affected their ability to sell advertisement space on the site. In general we shouldn't c&p directly from the website, but encourage people to check the website.

But, I think for this a direct c&p is correct to get the info across to as many as possible. Because, shockingly, some on here avoid the club website like the plague.

Plus the club do have a bit of a cheek when you have keevins getting interviews in Germany from Walter and Ally plus various board members going to the press and giving interviews.