A wee tale to warm the heart from yesterday's Founders Trail.

Just over a month ago we received a phone call from a Gentleman requesting 4 seats on the Founders Trail on Sunday 25th August.

Within three days he'd rung back and was looking for 5, then 6 seats, he eventually settled on 7.

biggrin.gif

'' It's a family day outing, i'm bringing them all '' he explained.

The following day we received another phone call from his daughter who explained that it was her Dad whom i'd been chatting to. She went on to tell us that he'd been tragically diagnosed with terminal cancer.

She said '' He's a huge Rangers fan and has drawn up a wish list of things he'd love to do , on the list is the Founders Trail''. She then informed us that his hero when a boy was Davie Wilson and was there any chance he could possibly meet him at some point in the future ?

We contacted Jim Hannah at the Club and passed on all the correspondence that we'd received.

Yesterday afternoon at 3.30pm the Founders Trail bus pulled up at Ibrox Stadium and there standing inside our magnificent front entrance was one Davie Wilson there to greet the Gentleman who'd booked the Tour for his family.

The term '' Rangers Family'' rarely needs an explanation, one such occasion was yesterday afternoon at Ibrox Stadium.

edit.gif

Just over a month ago we received a phone call from a Gentleman requesting 4 seats on the Founders Trail on Sunday 25th August.

Within three days he'd rung back and was looking for 5, then 6 seats, he eventually settled on 7.

biggrin.gif

The following day we received another phone call from his daughter who explained that it was her Dad whom i'd been chatting to. She went on to tell us that he'd been tragically diagnosed with terminal cancer.

She said '' He's a huge Rangers fan and has drawn up a wish list of things he'd love to do , on the list is the Founders Trail''. She then informed us that his hero when a boy was Davie Wilson and was there any chance he could possibly meet him at some point in the future ?

We contacted Jim Hannah at the Club and passed on all the correspondence that we'd received.

Yesterday afternoon at 3.30pm the Founders Trail bus pulled up at Ibrox Stadium and there standing inside our magnificent front entrance was one Davie Wilson there to greet the Gentleman who'd booked the Tour for his family.

The term '' Rangers Family'' rarely needs an explanation, one such occasion was yesterday afternoon at Ibrox Stadium.

edit.gif

A very heart warming tale, I've met Davie a few times and this doesn't surprise me because that's the kind of guy he is, a true gentleman. So sad to hear about the mans terrible illness.

As one lucky enough to have seen Davie Wilson strut his stuff - I can well understand why he's a hero to so many.

He's some man for this kind of thing is Mr Wilson - and that's a charming tale you shared. I'm delighted the gentleman in question seen one of his dreams come true.

And that is what our club is all about. John Greig arranged a surprise Rangers tour for my father, before he died of cancer, and the smile on my fathers face is something i will nt ever forget.

Thats lovely Minstral. Must have meant a lot to your family.

Brilliant story, the Founders Trail lads are a credit to Rangers, makes me proud to be a Bear knowing there are people out doing things like this for each other.

biggrin.gif

edit.gif

fantastic mate (tu) & well done again

As the gentlemans daughter I just want to thank everyone at the founders trail and rangers for making this happen. My dad was overwhelmed and absolutely delighted. We had a brilliant and sometimes emotional day. Thank you all again!

As the gentlemans daughter I just want to thank everyone at the founders trail and rangers for making this happen. My dad was overwhelmed and absolutely delighted. We had a brilliant and sometimes emotional day. Thank you all again!

All the best to you and your family.

Glad you had a great time (tu)

all the best to you all

So pleased for your dad, and all the best wishes to your dad and your family.

It was an honour to spend yesterday with you and your family.

Please pass on our regards and best wishes to your Dad.