I Kenny Let Him Pass By

Bad Robot

ALLY McCOIST insists he wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he didn’t look into the possibility of bringing Kenny Miller back to Rangers at some point.

The Light Blues boss knows he won’t be able to bring the striker to Ibrox for a third spell at present because he is under contract at Vancouver Whitecaps and Gers can’t buy players.

Miller, who retired from international football this month after scoring for Scotland against England, has also recently signed a new deal with the Canadian side.

But McCoist doesn’t see why recruiting the forward shouldn’t be an option to him in the future if the 33-year-old continues playing to the standards he currently reaches.

He feels someone of Miller’s stature would be a good influence both on and off the park despite moving into the latter stages of his career.

Full article written by Andrew Dickson on full site:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4941-i-kenny-let-him-pass-by

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why if no one wants him now would we want him in the future?

While I have never been a Miller fan, I appreciate everything he did for us in the two spells he was here but there should be absolutely no chance of Kenny Miller becoming a Rangers player ever, ever again!!

Ally explains the logic.

Sorry, I should of written `understand the logic`

We already have strong characters within the team, Jig, Waldo and by all accounts big JD are all positive influences on the younger players, KM would be too but is it really needed?

Like I say, on minimal wages then hairy muff, anything over 1k per week would seem excessive imo.

We have a 22yr old goal machine to play and he already has an experienced mentor or two in Daly and Jig. Let's develop him into a Rangers star striker not push him down the batting order by resigning guys who will be ancient by the time we play the dark side again.

Sorry, I should of written `understand the logic`

We already have strong characters within the team, Jig, Waldo and by all accounts big JD are all positive influences on the younger players, KM would be too but is it really needed?

Like I say, on minimal wages then hairy muff, anything over 1k per week would seem excessive imo.

I think it would need to be on minimal wages.

He has to prove himself.

Granted he's not had a chance yet and he should get a chance, but I just think a Miller/Daly partnership would be too good to pass up - if the terms were right.

Perhaps but it wouldn't be looking to the future very much.

At Clark's age he could be a player for us in the top flight if he develops well.

We have a 22yr old goal machine to play and he already has an experienced mentor or two in Daly and Jig. Let's develop him into a Rangers star striker not push him down the batting order by resigning guys who will be ancient by the time we play the dark side again.

That's my thinking, Kenny Miller would be the best forward at the club if he signed right now but the likelihood that he would still be at the top of his game in a couple of years is low so we're better utilising the younger Clark who may not be good enough for the premiership right now but will only get better if played, not sat on the bench behind someone who will be gone by the time we're back on top. I had similar reservations about Daly, a fantastic player at this level, too good in fact but questions over the longevity of his Rangers career and if well be able to get a few years from him at the top level.

Perhaps but it wouldn't be looking to the future very much.

At Clark's age he could be a player for us in the top flight if he develops well.

I don't disagree. It's a big IF there though ... Daly and Miller are ready made .... I want to see Clark get his chance to impress too ... just think Miller/Daly would be a mouthwatering combo upfront