• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all the fan reps only saw the back of it as bain waved it about

i have posted all these threads before

the letter

the vicast coy

alas this board doesnt appear to let you see your previous threads and posts, past a certain date... either that or i am too luddite to find em

The bold bit is correct :P

It occurred to me also that we were never challenged over the QP game, other than a quick rant in the rhags.

I'm no lawyer, but that to me sets a legal precedent, and a good defense if the club is charged for us singing it at Ibrox.

I think it would be worth challenging.

So let's say we all spontaneously burst into TBB through sheer joy and exultation at our beloved team's expression of the beautiful game. (stranger things have happened :D )

And let's say they do actually take umbrage and try to fine/censure us. (I'm not convinced they will, but let's say they do)

So then let's say we challenge it. Any money left in that Fighting fund? If not - whipround and lawyer. Anybody got the email for the court of human rights?

"Hello Court of Human Rights - this is a song that multiple other UK clubs sing (youtube and other evidence attached), yet only we are being told we can't sing it. Discrimination surely?"

We might win, we might lose. but at least we will have fought.

This (tu) Well said GB, i'd love to have TBB back, but if we are going to get fined every week for singing it then we obviously can't sing it, the thing that bothered me the most is how the club just bent over and took it without a fight, it upsets me that we can no longer sing our Anthem. But if the club had taken a real stance and fought for us and the song i'd have felt better about it. No one can be blamed for fighting and losing but running away without defending yourself isnt the Rangers way and I would have felt much better about it if some attempt to defend it had been made.

We should do something like you suggest, either sing it and defend any fine in court, or sing it and realise the SFA/UEFA have no precedent for fining us. If we lose then we'll resign TBB to the history books and work on new words, and at least we will know we've done what we can and fought the good fight.

This (tu) Well said GB, i'd love to have TBB back, but if we are going to get fined every week for singing it then we obviously can't sing it, the thing that bothered me the most is how the club just bent over and took it without a fight, it upsets me that we can no longer sing our Anthem. But if the club had taken a real stance and fought for us and the song i'd have felt better about it. No one can be blamed for fighting and losing but running away without defending yourself isnt the Rangers way and I would have felt much better about it if some attempt to defend it had been made.

We should do something like you suggest, either sing it and defend any fine in court, or sing it and realise the SFA/UEFA have no precedent for fining us. If we lose then we'll resign TBB to the history books and work on new words, and at least we will know we've done what we can and fought the good fight.

I thought at the time the fans should have come forward (whether you agree or not the pressure would have become intolerable) and proposed a word change.

That way we could have kept the basis of our most intimidating anthem whilst serving the "progressive" appetite with some positive movement.

Our greatest battle cry given up without a whimper. Sadly ironic.

The Profiteer from FF told people he had seen the letter, to date he is the only one who seen it.

Was he telling lies ? and what did he expect to gain from telling these lies ?

Maybe someone who is not banned from his money making website can ask that question, see how long it lasts in the North Korea version of football forums

They came after the Billy Boys and we surrendered

They came after the famine song and we capitulated

If we keep on running and they will keep on chasing.

But they are getting found not guilty in Scottish Courts of law for singing a song in praise of PIRA and INLA murderers (The Roll of Honour)

They target us with everything they have and everyone they have, Kierney, Spiers, NBM, SRTRC, Tom Devine etc etc, who do we have speaking for us ?

Social conditioning and propaganda now makes it unacceptable to be a Rangers supporting, Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist, We have been dehumanised.

They even changed the meaning of the word fenian in a dictionary so they could attack the Billy Boys, They changed the fucking meaning of the word, that is how bad they wanted that song.

I believe this was started from within our own Boardroom.

cant disagree anymore with that

Aye, changed days mate. Take me back to the 70s/early 80s.

not even that far back mate. even the 90's but I hear what you are saying

Our greatest battle cry given up without a whimper. Sadly ironic.

the problem is there are not many people willing to fight it. full respect to vanguard bears. they are still fighting for this .

cant disagree anymore with that

not even that far back mate. even the 90's but I hear what you are saying

the problem is there are not many people willing to fight it. full respect to vanguard bears. they are still fighting for this .

In reality it can be easilly challenged

Q1 Is the song actually banned?

Q2. Show us the proof?

It really IS that simple!