Jim Spence

OceanRain

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complaint sent in and asked for a reply,i wonder if i'll get one. Apart from Spence i also said that bbc Scotland had been told about this before and they are still persisting with this so what can be done about them. hope it works and they get back to me.

Compliant at next stage:

I received a reply but in order for me to come to a reasonable view laugh.gif please answer the following: rolleyes.gif

1.You said: "The phrase was used in the context of a live discussion " no other panel member referred to "old club" no caller either! so why mention it? and what relevance did it have to the discussion?

also:

2.Mr Spence and the program directly contravened the trust guidelines on accuracy what are the going to do to rectify this?

3. Do you accept that the statement about "old Club" is not accurate and that Ranger 1872 in now plying football in SPFL 2?

4.What is meant by "better phrased within the live piece" what phrase should have been used?

:2gunsfiring_v1:

I've just fired off another reply to the complaints department. Ha just seen on twitter that he's no longer welcome at his own team Dundee Utd either, he's going to have nowhere left to report from before long.

Going by posts on twitter, I am sure he will be welcomed with open arms at the piggery.

For clarity this is what the trust ruling was!

'__the BBC had not used clear, precise language and due accuracy had not been achieved where the distinction between an old and new Rangers had been made in output referring to, and related to, football and the club as opposed to the old and new company'