Bigot law candidate

Bigot law candidate

A CAMPAIGNER against Scotland's anti-bigotry football laws has announced he is standing for election in the Govan by-election.

Ewan Fergus

Ewan FergusNews Reporter

Monday 09/09/2013

1 Comment

Print

Glasgow man Thomas Rannachan will today lodge papers to stand as an independent candidate under the banner of Axe the Act.

The contest follows the death of SNP councillor Allison Hunter of cancer last month.

Mr Rannachan says his campaign will offer a chance for "the citizens of Govan to show their total opposition to this illiberal Act and to register their objection to the hounding and criminalisation of young men and women from their community and beyond."

In June, a campaign group claimed Scotland's anti-sectarian laws were "killing" Scottish football.

Source: Evening Times.

Would be good if he won and a GRUY to the SNP.

Even if he is a tarrier then fair play on him for actively doing something about the SNP's absurd laws.

I've said for years this is something I'd actually stand side-by-side with a tim on ...

The Old Firm fans should have made the mother of all protests outsid Hollyrood when this was pushed through and we could go back to the rivalry the next day

Logically, yes, but I couldn't have stomached it.

Ya handwringer ;)

For that one hypothetical day, everyone should have been a handwringer .... infact the handwringers would be nowhere to be seen that would be round their tim neighbours house wanking over Andy Cameron and telling the tims how bad the support is

"Mr Rannachan, a member of Fans Against Criminalisation (FAC), effectively an alliance of Celtic supporters' groups, said he was under no illusion about winning the poll, but there is a belief amongst his supporters that it can knock the SNP into third place"

Probably in the gr**n brigade too. As soon as one wife beater leaves Scottish politics another steps up to take his place.

Even if he is a tarrier then fair play on him for actively doing something about the SNP's absurd laws.

I've said for years this is something I'd actually stand side-by-side with a tim on ...

The Old Firm fans should have made the mother of all protests outsid Hollyrood when this was pushed through and we could go back to the rivalry the next day

Me too. The force of the OF standing together on something would be too strong for almost any legislation in this country. (tu)

It was their Church that asked for this stupid Law For us Protestants.

Now they aren't getting it all their own way they want it stopped.

Iv got to agree with this. The cunts never needed any help getting it pushed through and I certainly won't be helping them to get rid of it because it's biting them on the arse.

It was their Church that asked for this stupid Law For us Protestants.

Now they aren't getting it all their own way they want it stopped.

THIS^^^^^^

It was 'them' with their mock offendedness and claims of anti-oirish racism who caused Fat Eck to introduce this law.

I assume it is now being used against them too now, and that is why they want it axed?

Although tbh I have seen little evidence of any of their 'political NOT sectarian' ditties being replayed on national TV with a bouncing ball to help you follow the disgusting lyrics, I haven't seen any mhedia campaign to have the tim equivalent of TBB criminalised. Anyway, shouldn't current anti-terrorism laws cover most paedofc songs/chants anyway?

If people refused to vote for him because he's a tim then those people have no right to complain about the fact we cant sing TBB without being made out to be common criminals. Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe that if we vote for him, he wins and act is axed that we will be allowed to sing TBB again?

We were getting hammered before the act came in so imho we aren't any worse off since its introduction, the only fans who can be worse off are fans of other teams who wanted the act introduced as a stick to hammer us with...so feck them all.

He was probably one of the bheasts wanting Penny Arcade banned cos it wiz aboot killing a tim in an amoozement arcade, or complained that the bouncy was about jumoing on kaffliks heids.

If people refused to vote for him because he's a tim then those people have no right to complain about the fact we cant sing TBB without being made out to be common criminals. Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face :rolleyes:

Aye?

People have every right to refuse to vote for him - for any reason - and retain the right to complain about our treatment over singing TBB.