E Cigs to be sold at Ibrox

islandblue

It's not that people absolutely cannot go without a cig for a period of time - it's a case of they are the whipping boys of choice in today's society.

Pubs and smoking went hand in hand and the non-smoking movement has them thrown outside, as a result many smokers would rather get a carry-out and sit in the house.

It's not just Ibrox - it's any building that isn't your house or your mates house, hell you cant even legally smoke in your own vehicle in certain situations.

<<snip>>

The clue that E-cigs aren't real is the fact they don't burn down, they barely smell if at all, the "smoke" doesn't linger, and more often than not they are a different size to a cigarette and have coloured lights which aren't that of a small personal fire. From a distance some can be confused granted, but a walk by is all that's needed to establish what's going on.

Sounds as if smokers in the UK relish in playing the victim card. Most of these laws were enacted based on scientific evidence. The car law yuo refer to IIRC was designed to prevent children from having to sit in a wee tin box inhaling dangerous second hand smoke.

I must admit I wouldn't recognize an e-cig if I met one in the street but if they are as obvious as you describe then I see no need harm in them.

People who smoke do not bother me as long as they do not insist in sharing there hobby with me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain why any grown man needs to drink alcohol?

You up for banning that? How about replacing it with Alcohol flavoured water which doesn't have any alcohol in it?

All the non smokers are quite happy to tell smokers to fuck off from everywhere yet turn it around on to their vices and "mine's different".

Why does no one think of the kids when we sponsor our athletes with cheap alkie cider? Having walking billboards pushing the stuff with our crest on it.

E-cigs are for smokers who don't want to smoke or whom can't smoke for whatever reason - the chemicals are food grade and nicotine in such a form is said to be on a par with coffee, so in effect e-cigs is like breathing a coffee.

I really don't see the issue. I am however very happy that I can use my e-cig if I want to instead off being told to stay away from Ibrox by cunts that generally don't look after their own health or that of the planets.

I dont have anything against smokers, when i go out on the piss i am pretty much the anti-social one who holds the table as i am one of the only non smokers. I just dont think it should be allowed inside the stadium, just like booze.

I wish people would stop with the impressionable kids talk. By the time a kid starts smoking, they've crossed the line from "innocent little robbie" to "jambo the chav". If you're gonna start smoking cos you want to look cool (Like I did as a little 13 year old chavlet), then you're a wanker who brings it on yourself.

That said, I'm amazed that the sale of tobacco cigarettes is essentially unregulated, and all the scrutiny is instead turned on e-cigs. Yeah that's right, got to keep the taxes rolling in, fuck giving up smoking etc etc.

My only complaint about ecigs is that they're easy to leave behind on walls.

How much do we reckon they'll charge for one of these e-things?

No idea about inside Ibrox, the going rate for them is £6.99 with 1 cartridge (=40 cigarettes apparently), 1 reusable battery, and no charger (eh?) with the charger being £6.99, and a box of 2 new cartridges being £7.99

They're a handy little all-in-one, the best of that size that I've found, but I prefer the chunkier more customisable custom build jobbies.

EDIT: Not jobbies, fucking erm, thingies.

No idea about inside Ibrox, the going rate for them is £6.99 with 1 cartridge (=40 cigarettes apparently), 1 reusable battery, and no charger (eh?) with the charger being £6.99, and a box of 2 new cartridges being £7.99

They're a handy little all-in-one, the best of that size that I've found, but I prefer the chunkier more customisable custom build jobbies.

EDIT: Not jobbies, fucking erm, thingies.

Cheers mate, that's a comprehensive answer.

Where can I find out about these jobbies though - they sound like a viable alternative :D

It's not that people absolutely cannot go without a cig for a period of time - it's a case of they are the whipping boys of choice in today's society.

Pubs and smoking went hand in hand and the non-smoking movement has them thrown outside, as a result many smokers would rather get a carry-out and sit in the house.

It's not just Ibrox - it's any building that isn't your house or your mates house, hell you cant even legally smoke in your own vehicle in certain situations.

They could have had a system where smoking area's were permitted - they chose to instead tell smokers to fuck off.

You might think my view here is a bit OTT but as a drinker would you go to a bar that didn't sell alcohol? Now imagine the only place you can enjoy a pint is in the house because it's banned everywhere - how many places would you go to?, It's not exactly a perfect example but smokers don't only smoke when people drink they feel the need to have a cig throughout the day so putting yourself in situations where you can't have one for any length of time is somewhat off-putting for many. While many other smokers do just go without for that period of time.

E-cigs however aren't smoking so what's the problem? Surely it's the cancer causing chemicals and the smell off smoking that offends the Victorian Sensitive Anti Smoking Brigade?

I'm offended by 25 stone cunts taking up half my seat and shoveling pies down their neck in a heart-attack/stroke waiting to happen, but it's their life and I have to tolerate it from time to time at the football.

The clue that E-cigs aren't real is the fact they don't burn down, they barely smell if at all, the "smoke" doesn't linger, and more often than not they are a different size to a cigarette and have coloured lights which aren't that of a small personal fire. From a distance some can be confused granted, but a walk by is all that's needed to establish what's going on.

I actually agree with your views on e-cigs and it is clear that there are various vested interests trying to get them controlled. However, the pub argument doesn't work for me. If a non drinker goes into a pub, nobody grabs them and tries to pour alcohol down their throat. If you smoke in a confined space you are forcing other people to inhale your smoke. You know perfectly well that it contains carcinogens so how can you justify this?

Personally I would have been happy to see members clubs where smoking was allowed but that was banned because of the risk to workers - I didn't agree with this as you might as well ban people from being North Sea Divers as that's a dangerous occupation too - nobody is forced to take a particular job.

I do think the smoking ban in regular pubs was reasonable.

Sounds as if smokers in the UK relish in playing the victim card. Most of these laws were enacted based on scientific evidence. The car law yuo refer to IIRC was designed to prevent children from having to sit in a wee tin box inhaling dangerous second hand smoke.

I must admit I wouldn't recognize an e-cig if I met one in the street but if they are as obvious as you describe then I see no need harm in them.

People who smoke do not bother me as long as they do not insist in sharing there hobby with me.

A typical anti-smoking response imo. Firstly,smoking is no habit,it is estimated to be 10X more addictive than Heroin.Strange how people worry about smoking in a car with children(something I wouldn't and never have done)but think nothing off sitting in traffic with the fans going in the car drawing in the fuel fumes of the car in front.It is well known there are 100X times the so-called cancer causing carsinagins per litre in car exhaust fumes compared to exhaled cigarette smoke.Isn't it odd that so-called smoking related cancers have kept pace with the rise in numbers of cars,while the numbers of smokers have fallen from 60% of the UK population to 24%.Would non-smokers be happy for the 11 billion raised on tobacco products to be kept in a fund to treat solely smoking related illnesses?....somehow I doubt it.Perhaps questions should be asked of the petro-chemical industry and why they 'donate' millions into cancer research while cancer research refuse money from the tobacco industry,maybe there's an agenda there and finally,passive smoking is the brain child of ONE Proffessor from England and has been shot down by many others in the same field.Believe it or not,I'm not pro-smoking but I am pro-freedom of choice. :pipe:

A typical anti-smoking response imo. Firstly,smoking is no habit,it is estimated to be 10X more addictive than Heroin.Strange how people worry about smoking in a car with children(something I wouldn't and never have done)but think nothing off sitting in traffic with the fans going in the car drawing in the fuel fumes of the car in front.It is well known there are 100X times the so-called cancer causing carsinagins per litre in car exhaust fumes compared to exhaled cigarette smoke.Isn't it odd that so-called smoking related cancers have kept pace with the rise in numbers of cars,while the numbers of smokers have fallen from 60% of the UK population to 24%.Would non-smokers be happy for the 11 billion raised on tobacco products to be kept in a fund to treat solely smoking related illnesses?....somehow I doubt it.Perhaps questions should be asked of the petro-chemical industry and why they 'donate' millions into cancer research while cancer research refuse money from the tobacco industry,maybe there's an agenda there and finally,passive smoking is the brain child of ONE Proffessor from England and has been shot down by many others in the same field.Believe it or not,I'm not pro-smoking but I am pro-freedom of choice. :pipe:

First of all, im a smoker, but I disagree with most of your post.

Fags aint more addictive than heroin, its just that more people relapse when trying to quit. This is mainly because smoking is still socially acceptable and the availability of getting fags and the fact it doesnt put you out the game for hours. This is coming from someone who also thinks drugs should be legalised, so no agenda on drugs.

I also doubt very much your claim on a per volume account that modern car emission contain 100x more carcinogens than fag smoke. Most car emissions are CO2 and H2O now. Much cleaner than they were. Also, the amount of car fumes coming through the vents is small in comparison to the regular air that comes in.

Smoking in a car with kids on the other hand sees a high % of the smoke circulating in the cabin.

Also your insinuation that smoking does not really cause cancer is quite frankly stupid. Firstly, you seem to take no account of the fact that there is a tail off period where some of the 36% drop in smokers may actually be people who have quit, yet are still going to obtain cancer due to their previous habit. Secondly, most cancer rates are increasing as our advancing medical treatments are allowing more people to survive things like heart attacks, strokes and cancer its self. Since people are living longer, they have a longer life period to obtain different diseases such as the cancers you talk of.

You are right in the fact that petrochemicals are also a killer. I dont think anyone denies this.

I dont blame the Cancer charities for accepting their money whilst rejecting the fag companies. Petrochemicals power essentials in modern life. Fags dont really serve a purpose, they are a luxury item that may well end up killing you, or worse, those you love.

Not read all this thread but I now love my e cig more than I enjoyed fags. Not sure if that's a good thing but fuck it its where am at.

What kind you using?

Out of interest, does anyone know if the E Lites pack @ £6.99, comes charged? It doesn't have a charger, so I'm guessing it comes charged, but they might assume those that buy it have a charger.

What kind you using?

Out of interest, does anyone know if the E Lites pack @ £6.99, comes charged? It doesn't have a charger, so I'm guessing it comes charged, but they might assume those that buy it have a charger.

I will pm you the exact one I'm using when I sober up mate. I took a bit of advice from a guy in The off topic . He was saying that if it looked like a normal cig it was shit and pointed out a web site called vapeescape and I bought it from there. I honestly could not recommended enough as a replacement for fags.

I will pm you the exact one I'm using when I sober up mate. I took a bit of advice from a guy in The off topic . He was saying that if it looked like a normal cig it was shit and pointed out a web site called vapeescape and I bought it from there. I honestly could not recommended enough as a replacement for fags.

Cheers mate. Not had a fag in 6 days as I've been on holiday from work and I've managed to hold off. Choking for one though and I know I'll fold on Monday when I get back to the office.