Erzz The Macaroooooon and The Spearmint Chewing Gummmm

BarneyRabble

The Rangers end at Hamdump was terrible. Nothing but sleepers and dirt. In the first half all the dust was kicked up and you ended up looking like a miner. Fans used to use their empties to pish in and they'd get knocked over, thus turning the dust into mud. You used to come out of Hamdump like the monster from the blue lagoon. Happy days indeed.

Well at least we had a roof at our end, those scum bastards got drenched when it rained, I remember one old boy dancing at the top of the terrace about 30 minutes before kickoff, said it was a rain dance he was doing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well at least we had a roof at our end, those scum bastards got drenched when it rained, I remember one old boy dancing at the top of the terrace about 30 minutes before kickoff, said it was a rain dance he was doing.

Worst bit about them not having a roof was the delay in hearing their roar.

They score, their players celebrate, a few curses round about you blaming keeper/defence/ref/whoever - then - five seconds later - you hear their roar finally reach our end.

A real sickener, almost felt like you'd conceded the goal twice :(

Worst bit about them not having a roof was the delay in hearing their roar.

They score, their players celebrate, a few curses round about you blaming keeper/defence/ref/whoever - then - five seconds later - you hear their roar finally reach our end.

A real sickener, almost felt like you'd conceded the goal twice :(

Forgot about that!

I liked the fact they didn't have a roof, it gave me hours of pleasure to think of them getting soaked. Then again, I could've done with some of that rain to wash of the piss mud. :thumbup:

I remember the guy with the rolls and the macaroons. He used to wear a manky old sheepskin coat and also sold sweets from brands that nobody had ever heard of in horrible flavours, like blackcurrant and coconut or something . . .

I remember a game at Hampdump and the wee guy walking down the terracing with his big box shouting "get your macaroon bars" anyway he stumbles rolls, arse over tit down the steps rolling over the box as he goes, stops, gets up and shouts "get your broken macaroon bars" fukin class.

I remember that ,like it was only yesterday .get your macaroon bars and yer spearmint chewing guuum,rolls n chopped pork.didnt the guy have a dobber duster under his nose,anyway that was in the east enclosure does anyone remember the season books for the east enclosure,an orange book.cheers.WATP.

He sold "Oatfield" sweets which are made in a wee factory in Letterkeny Donegal. It's the only place I saw them outside Ireland.

I remember the guy with the rolls and the macaroons. He used to wear a manky old sheepskin coat and also sold sweets from brands that nobody had ever heard of in horrible flavours, like blackcurrant and coconut or something . . .

Yup...I remember chocolate flavoured chewing gum. :anguish:

Loved the old programmes with the teams on the front. Remember I had one in 1960 when the date was subject to a typo. I am still convinced it was no accident. No prizes for guessing the date printed. Alas, alas, alas, I can't find it now to prove it. It must have got lost in one of my moves. You will just have to take my word for it unless anyone else has a copy.

I remember being at P***heid for a Rangers v Sellick game. A guy was selling rolls out of a cardboard box on an incline below the top of the stairs of the terracing, just above him about 50/60 guys were pissing at the top and a river of pish was flowing under his cardboard box which was soaking with pish. The guy just kept selling the rolls and the punters kept buying them.