So, it was Malcom Murray that set the wages for directors

gogzy

Why wouldnt it be true.

It's a fact that MM was chairman at the time, and also chaired the renumeration thingy.

A massive portion of the blame must lie at his door. And he wants back in he door too. doh

We only have a small piece of the puzzle. We need to know who was on the committee which decided the wages. Murray must share the responsibility with the other members of the committee. What he has on his side is that he was not taking an inflated salary for himself.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Investors also care massively about stability and must trust those in charge of their investment, I`d suggest that changing NOMAD 3 times since floatation will not be helping confidence, nor will any underhand tactics not to allow shareholders a chance to make changes to the BOD at the AGM.

Stockbridge will do well to keep his job, whether it happens at the AGM or not imo.

I don't actually doubt you mean well for RFC but you haven't actually given many facts, just opinions. Pointing out that Mather received payment for services prior to joining the board clarifies nothing. I am not aligned to either current board or to those proposed.

Do I think the current lot could do better? Yes.

Do I think Paul and Malcolm Murray should get back on the RFC board? No.

Do I want an independent and well-respected Rangers man on the board? Yes.

Do I want fan representation on the board? Definitely not.

My initial post on here was really made through frustration, that`s why I used Mather`s remuneration pre-appointment to make the point about who has been the more responsible for draining Club resources.

MM was part of the old Board, but he is in no way responsible for what Ahmad, Green & Stockbridge chose to pay themselves. I find it mental to consider it, in fact as daft as believing Ally McCoist`s wage is the main issue in the produced accounts.

I think the current ones could do better, but do they deserve the chance to improve? No, replace them & sooner the better.

Do I think MM & PM should be back on the Board? In the interim period, Yes I do.

Would I like an independent & well-respected man on Board? I`d like the Board full of them!

Do I want fans representation? Not sure what the relevance of that is, but why not works pretty well for a lot of Clubs to ahve fan input at Board level, in fact..

I`d love for every single employee of our Club to be a Rangers fan since birth.

Do I think MM & PM should be back on the Board? In the interim period, Yes I do.

"Investors also care massively about stability" yet you say MM& PM in the interim !I hope MM & PM or yourself ( as a fans rep if you were one) get nowhere near our board.

My initial post on here was really made through frustration, that`s why I used Mather`s remuneration pre-appointment to make the point about who has been the more responsible for draining Club resources.

MM was part of the old Board, but he is in no way responsible for what Ahmad, Green & Stockbridge chose to pay themselves. I find it mental to consider it, in fact as daft as believing Ally McCoist`s wage is the main issue in the produced accounts.

I think the current ones could do better, but do they deserve the chance to improve? No, replace them & sooner the better.

Would I like an independent & well-respected man on Board? I`d like the Board full of them!

Do I want fans representation? Not sure what the relevance of that is, but why not works pretty well for a lot of Clubs to ahve fan input at Board level, in fact..

I`d love for every single employee of our Club to be a Rangers fan since birth.

To replace the existing people will no doubt cost us yet again in severance pay, etc.

Malcolm Murray was a loose cannon behind the scenes when on the board.

Paul Murray did nothing previously to merit a return.

Fan representation would be nightmare with infighting and blazer seekers. When you look at the current level of those representing fans groups I cringe at the thought of any of them on the board.

I find it mental to consider it, in fact as daft as believing Ally McCoist`s wage is the main issue in the produced accounts.

I missed this bit.

I don't think anyone has made McCoist's outrageously high salary the main issue, it was just one of a number of points on which Rangers fans have every right to comment.

To replace the existing people will no doubt cost us yet again in severance pay, etc. Nope. They are all voluntarily retiring and offering themselves for re-appointment at the AGM.

Malcolm Murray was a loose cannon behind the scenes when on the board. None of us know what goes on 'behind the scenes'.

Paul Murray did nothing previously to merit a return.

Fan representation would be nightmare with infighting and blazer seekers. When you look at the current level of those representing fans groups I cringe at the thought of any of them on the board.

While fan representation on the board or involved in the general policies, running of the club is unlikely and a long way off at best. I think there should be some sort of fan/shareholder representation on any remuneration committees. We deserve a say in who takes money, and how much, out of our club.

For the sake of the finances, I hope this is all sorted before ST renewal because the more of us fans that become unhappy with the way we are being run, the less ST`s we`ll sell.

If fans start to hold back on ST`s sold for next year our accounts will make this years look like they belonged to Google.

The Board can not force the fans to truest them now, it`s gone too far & Mather`s comments in todays press about the protests were also badly thought out at best, Jack Irvine is doing his best to divide the support in the run up to the AGM & many(myself inc) won`t like Mather being his mouthpiece.

You seriously believe that some posters are not over-analysing the managers pay and neglecting to look at the bigger picture, ie where the other 17m odd is going, unless of course that`s Malcolm Murrays fault too! :D

unless of course that`s Malcolm Murrays fault too!

Ya know when ya taking a shit, and it breaks leaving a wee bit stuck hanging out? That's MM fault.

When ya trip on an uneven paving stone and look like a twat...MM fault.

When you're in a packed tube and some cunt sneezes/coughes on ya...you guessed it. That was MM too.

The holocaust wasn't MM fault, but only because Hitler thought of it first.

:pipe:

Scoff all you wany guys, but the fact remains that murraywas chairman of the board and chair of the renumeration pannel.

He clearly shoulders a massive portion of the blame for the wages and bonuses people are recieving. No matter if you want to admit it or not.

Not worth spending that amount on, especially when it was pretty much Craig Whyte's word

I wouldn't mind as much if people would now let their irrational agendas and vendettas go off the back of it - but they up their game with thier claims and smears and lies as if to desperately try to justify their original position which becomes more and more desperate

Scum

Scoff all you wany guys, but the fact remains that murraywas chairman of the board and chair of the renumeration pannel.

He clearly shoulders a massive portion of the blame for the wages and bonuses people are recieving. No matter if you want to admit it or not.

I don't know how the remuneration committee works. There were 3 other non-execs on it. Is it a case the Chairman gets final say? If so what's the point of the committee? Or is it a vote or majority consensus decision?

Just strange that one man shoulders most of the blame for most of the problems.

I wouldn't mind as much if people would now let their irrational agendas and vendettas go off the back of it - but they up their game with thier claims and smears and lies as if to desperately try to justify their original position which becomes more and more desperate

Scum

Aye, the fact nothing was found is conveniently swept under the carpet by so many.

The SFA were threatening to have their own investigation, it was advised that we should hold an internal investigation to pre-empt it, which we did.

Someone going to explain to me how Malcolm Murray had the power to instruct it off his own back yet couldn't even keep his position within the Company soon after?