How good were PSG last night?

People who say things like that must have short memories when you look at how we achieved a lot of our success under Murray.

Obviously we were already a huge club, but we tried to get to the next level in a very similar to what these teams are doing, albeit with far smaller sums of money involved.

Beat me to it. :D

PSG, Chelsea, Man City, Monaco etc represent everything that is wrong with modern day football.

I agree that spending that sort of money on players is disgusting, but it has made the champions league far more interesting, it is great to see the best players playing together. In an ideal world players would be on £50,000 grand a year and we would pay 3-4 quid a week watching them, but sadly the world is not ideal. You can't deny that the billionaire owners have made competition more healthy.

As long as the owners can finance it and don't piss off at the first sign of trouble leaving the club to deal with the consequences, I don't see the problem of a Russian oligarch, for example, taking over a smaller team and spending lots of money on them to make them successful. It's their money, they can do what they want with it.