Her Majesty's portrait in the Rangers dressing room

Muirheadbear

Hearts and Partick Thistle also have Her Majestys portrait on the dressing room wall, or they did, not sure about now.

I know when Miller Reid (owned Reids of Pertyck, The Esquire House- Anniesland) was part of Thistle the Queen was in one of the offices. Could have been down to his dad though, I'm not sure.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen when she sadly passes on, will these photos be replaced by Charles or William (whoever takes the throne)?

Would like to think she might always have a place in our dressing room. Has been the monarch for nearly half of our existence after all..

Believe it or not but they used to play the national anthem in the Fir Park Club next to Motherwell's stadium at quarter to three before every home game.

Went to the Fir Park club before a game in the 80s and they had a portrait of The Queen hanging proudly on the wall.

When I did the tour a few years ago, I was told a story that the reason the lintl above the home changing room is very work is that all the UK based players, as they left the changing room, would smack the door head and say "the queen", was told to look out for it at the home dug-out as it often happens there too.

Never noticed it myself but I do love a tale like that, true or not !

• 10 months later...

The Queen has a framed photo of the Rangers team in Buckingham Palace

Ian Davidson mp , who marched alongside Sandy Jardine to Hampden, spotted it hanging on the wall while on a trip to the palace doing work for the Public Accounts Committee.

So there ye are well!

God bless her Brittanic majesty :7325:

Ian Davidson mp , who marched alongside Sandy Jardine to Hampden, spotted it hanging on the wall while on a trip to the palace doing work for the Public Accounts Committee.

So there ye are well!

Republican.

In the traditional sense.

So there ye are well!

fdgl68.jpg

1st Jan was a die hard Rangers fan and has probably been to more games than 99% of the folk on this forum. He might have had different opinions than most but hes well entitled to speak them.