A British Club

plymouthranger

I do actually like this idea very much. Are you saying we can sign any foreign player(even if they play for a country outwith britian) if they are under 18 and we develop them ourselfs?.

I would actually be very proud of the club if we done this. Would definitely need some decent PR at the start I think in Scotland though as it no doubt be judged.

But yeah I would love this especially the more Glasgow/Scottish boys in the team the better for me.

Im also not of the opinion that this isnt possible in the modern game. It can be if we have good scouting and more importantly develop the right players. It honestly blows my mind how Scotland and especially Glasgow doesn't produce better players. Some of the standards at youth level imo is excellent. Its getting those excellent players to push on that wee bit more at the late teenage years.

I can see why some people straight away go could be judged as racist I also had that worry when reading it. But would anyone say that if it was only Scottish players.

Unless there was a new rule that made this idea a law of football (which would never happen as the EPL would go bust overnight) it would simply be putting ourselves at a major disadvantage for a ideal which while noble in its way is totaly impractical and would mearly lead to the bheasts snapping up the Jelavics or the Wiess's if that class of player ever considers Scotland again.

The last thing you should do in modern football is cut your player selection by %90. Apart from that I just don't believe Britain actually has that many quality young players.

But that's the problem... Young players don't get the chance. Why does the England squad lack the quality to win the WC? The EPL is full of foreign players.

Granted a wee bit of a pipe dream -- but one with a real result if implemented (tu)

What about the shirt sales in foreign countries who have players at Rangers?

Should we do without that too?

To develop a global brand you have to sign foreign players (if they are good enough).

Shirt sales in Ireland should be doing well now Daly's scoring regularly......