Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

20 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

1 holds up best, 0 I found pretty average and think it was at the time too.

Revelations are good games but be mindful they were designed for handhelds.

I’d just skip 5 and 6.

I’ve never played 0 or the 1 remake before. I’ve played everything else up to 7 before but I’m just in the mood for a replay of the whole series providing they don’t look absolutely awful. I really like Revelations 1 & 2 when I played them on PS3. 

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’ve never played 0 or the 1 remake before. I’ve played everything else up to 7 before but I’m just in the mood for a replay of the whole series providing they don’t look absolutely awful. I really like Revelations 1 & 2 when I played them on PS3. 

The 1 remake is an absolute mind fuck if you were good at the original, its much much bigger with a branching storyline so anything you can vaguely remember is tossed right out the window and the graphics arent too bad, same for 0

I take it you plan on playing the remake of 2 and 3, i pre ordered the 4 remake yesterday, 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The 1 remake is an absolute mind fuck if you were good at the original, its much much bigger with a branching storyline so anything you can vaguely remember is tossed right out the window and the graphics arent too bad, same for 0

I take it you plan on playing the remake of 2 and 3, i pre ordered the 4 remake yesterday, 

Yeah I will be. I’ve played the 2 remake before but my copy of 3 is still in the cellophane. 

39 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah I will be. I’ve played the 2 remake before but my copy of 3 is still in the cellophane. 

3 remake isn't great. Hopefully they learned from that for 4.

Doubt they'll remake anymore after 4, unless they go back to 0/1 or something like Code Veronica. 1 with a remake similar to how they did 2 would be cool to see.

Always found it strange they started the proper remakes with 2 rather than 1, which has only ever got a slight graphics increase.

Think they'd rather forget 5 and 6 ever existed.

12 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

3 remake isn't great. Hopefully they learned from that for 4.

Doubt they'll remake anymore after 4, unless they go back to 0/1 or something like Code Veronica. 1 with a remake similar to how they did 2 would be cool to see.

Always found it strange they started the proper remakes with 2 rather than 1, which has only ever got a slight graphics increase.

Think they'd rather forget 5 and 6 ever existed.

If memory serves me right they only even considered a full blown remake of games because some mega fans started their own remake of 2 in the design we see now, resi devs were so impressed they got an injunction to stop any more being made of the remake, started their own and invited the fans to help them

It then sold a fuck ton so they did 3 but it was so short (forget any other issues with 3, they were just utter fanboy moans) 3 however had some quality scenes like in the hospital as carlos and the utter carnage you see, both 2 and 3 remake have some phenomenal locations in them 

22 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If memory serves me right they only even considered a full blown remake of games because some mega fans started their own remake of 2 in the design we see now, resi devs were so impressed they got an injunction to stop any more being made of the remake, started their own and invited the fans to help them

It then sold a fuck ton so they did 3 but it was so short (forget any other issues with 3, they were just utter fanboy moans) 3 however had some quality scenes like in the hospital as carlos and the utter carnage you see, both 2 and 3 remake have some phenomenal locations in them 

3 felt really small even when originally released, was always going to get criticism.

Just now, FlippinEck said:

All I can remember doing was just putting like infinite ammo and health on. There was loads to select from im sure.

I was too much of a shitebag to through without it. Just remember gunning the Nemesis down every time I seen it, couldn’t handle it following me about. :lol:

Weirdly was able to deal with Mr. X.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

I was too much of a shitebag to through without it. Just remember gunning the Nemesis down every time I seen it, couldn’t handle it following me about. :lol:

Weirdly was able to deal with Mr. X.

Aye me too. I played Res 2 but I preferred watching my dad play it :lol:  I ended up getting 1 after 2 and tried playing through that but don't think I ever finished it unfortunately.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

Aye me too. I played Res 2 but I preferred watching my dad play it :lol:  I ended up getting 1 after 2 and tried playing through that but don't think I ever finished it unfortunately.

I rented 1 for a weekend when I was about 10, played for 30 minutes and absolutely shit myself. Didn’t touch it again for years. :lol:

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I rented 1 for a weekend when I was about 10, played for 30 minutes and absolutely shit myself. Didn’t touch it again for years. :lol:

I think it just shows how good those games were at building atmosphere, that and the fact shit could jump out at you at any time (the lickers in res 2 corridor a fond memory).

9 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

I had a chipped version of 3 that I think had lots of in built cheats :lol:  Nemesis was a bad ass boss but not quite Mr X.

9 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

I had the same thing. :lol:

Add me to this list, think i did the game once normally, after that and the whole nemesis thing i rattled on the cheats just to shoot fuck out him every time lol

On 03/03/2023 at 11:55, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do the PS4 versions of the older Resident Evil games - 0, 1, 5, 6, Revelations 1 & Revelations 2 -  hold up okay?

Thinking to buy them and try to replay the whole lot of them.

They are on deep discounts now on ps5 so I assume they will be on 4 too.

But honestly at this point pick up the revelations games and wait for the remasters as they will all be done soon enough but do get the remasters.

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

5 is good.

5 is my favourite of the entire series I didn't have Internet then so had so little to play I got every single secret and unlock. 

I loved that game so much I even bought the guide to help the last few things I couldn't find.