Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

On 06/02/2023 at 19:04, Marky. said:

Reviews are out for Hogwarts Legacy.

It's reviewing very very well, which surprises me, and slightly regains my attention. Maybe will pick it up after finishing Ragnarock.

Bought the deluxe edition and my daughter played it today like gran theft auto for harry potter fans can't randomly zap cunts though which is disappointing 

On 05/02/2023 at 20:05, Somemightsay7 said:

Fallen Order is great. Would recommend. 

Enjoying so far mate - visually looks great and plays well but fs it’s infuriating at times :lol: few minor things I can’t get my head around but hey ho.

5 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Enjoying so far mate - visually looks great and plays well but fs it’s infuriating at times :lol: few minor things I can’t get my head around but hey ho.

I should have mentioned i got about 9 hours in then got fucking frustrated with one boss then never played it again :lol:

It's good but yeah it's hard at times. I'm not one for learning all the correct techniques and strategies so just go balls to the walls and hope for the best.

Actually going to give it another go and finish it.

6 hours ago, JM1872 said:

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I should have mentioned i got about 9 hours in then got fucking frustrated with one boss then never played it again :lol:

It's good but yeah it's hard at times. I'm not one for learning all the correct techniques and strategies so just go balls to the walls and hope for the best.

Defo try learn it and finish it, especially all the side missions, theres one where you follow the path on a crashed jedi starship that a jedi master and its padwan took when order 66 happened, 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Defo try learn it and finish it, especially all the side missions, theres one where you follow the path on a crashed jedi starship that a jedi master and its padwan took when order 66 happened, 

the only part of that game that frustrated me was in that mission i think where you slide down the snow. for you to do it successfully you can't bang into anything or take to wide a turn or you will fall off and you have to start again

but that was the only flaw it's a great game and a good one to platinum and i'm looking forward to the sequel soon

On 07/02/2023 at 19:11, sRcFoCt said:

Bought the deluxe edition and my daughter played it today like gran theft auto for harry potter fans can't randomly zap cunts though which is disappointing 

i won a copy and i'm surprised at how good it is and it looks great. i think once you level up enough to go out into the wilds i'll enjoy it more but anyone who likes harry potter will love it

5 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

the only part of that game that frustrated me was in that mission i think where you slide down the snow. for you to do it successfully you can't bang into anything or take to wide a turn or you will fall off and you have to start again

but that was the only flaw it's a great game and a good one to platinum and i'm looking forward to the sequel soon

In general that's what I often found most annoying. There's no auto checkpoints and occasionally you'll have to replay a pretty easy few minutes just to get back to the bit you died at. 

Got EA Play pro recently, played Battlefield 5 Campaign and going to look at 1's too. Both pretty short but never played them before. Decent for 4-5 hours each.

12 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Anybody played the Dead Space remake? Thoughts? Really hope they remake 2 as well think that was my favourite. 

it captures the original game really well but the nostalgia isn’t quite enough to justify the full price of £60 etc, saved a tenner on cdkeys but I’d say it should be cheaper.

17 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Aye you should have :lol: I’ve largely avoided most of the bosses at the moment. I’m currently in the arena battles at the droid jail and it’s a fucking joke.

On 11/02/2023 at 08:06, Iakona said:

Mrs is playing that Hogwarts game. As a Harry Potter fan she’s having a great time zooming about Hogwarts, but it’s not for me.

I’m still hoping for a proper open world Middle-Earth RPG(besides the MMO that came out over 10 years ago.)

Obviously doesn’t have the scale you’re talking about but I enjoyed the shadow of war games 

On 10/02/2023 at 16:53, Somemightsay7 said:

Did you back to it? I’m almost finished it and think it’s a great game, fucking class. The battle mechanisms are really, really especially jedi v jedi/sith. Learning the techniques will definitely help with the bosses, first few attempts it’s trial and error till you see what works as some might be resistant to use of force etc. 

Really looking forward to the next release.

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Just finished yakuza like a dragon. I’ve always been a fan of final fantasy and other turn-based RPGs and think it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. Loved it

The new one, rebranded to like a dragon is released this Tuesday coming. Like a dragon ishin or something.

Demo sucks tho as it only gives the challenge mode.

Full on samurai jrpg by the looks of it 

Just hope that it continues the turn based combat from YLAD tho.

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

The new one, rebranded to like a dragon is released this Tuesday coming. Like a dragon ishin or something.

Demo sucks tho as it only gives the challenge mode.

Full on samurai jrpg by the looks of it 

Just hope that it continues the turn based combat from YLAD tho.

Just read a few reviews and they seem to be saying it’s a remake and is more action than RPG. Could be wrong though 

14 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Just read a few reviews and they seem to be saying it’s a remake and is more action than RPG. Could be wrong though 

I think you may well be correct. I've wanted to play this for a while but was awkward with it being Japanese only.

Was hoping it would have been updated to like a dragon but, after you pointed out reviews seem to indicate it's faithful to the original game.

Not too bad tho as the original Yakuza games were more brawler style whereas this appears to be a bit more methodical in its combat.

Can't wait to play it either way

On 11/02/2023 at 00:43, siamthedanger said:

Anybody played the Dead Space remake? Thoughts? Really hope they remake 2 as well think that was my favourite. 

I've been playing it, it's really good - but having played it over Christmas, Callisto Protocol feels more fluid and looks a wee bit better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 11:55, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do the PS4 versions of the older Resident Evil games - 0, 1, 5, 6, Revelations 1 & Revelations 2 -  hold up okay?

Thinking to buy them and try to replay the whole lot of them.

The resi remake is still damn good, 0 was a later game so was more advanced, its fine on the ps4, revelations i only played a bit and it was as good as the resi remake, never tried 5 or 6 so cant help there

The removal of tank controls in older resi games was a godsend, fine at the time but now they just feel so slow and cumbersome trying to do

On 05/02/2023 at 16:20, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do both spiderman games as the sequel ks released first half this year i think, then jedi fallen order as its sequel is for pre order the now

First Spiderman was fucking class man, really enjoyed it. Miles Morales looks equally as good so far.

On 03/03/2023 at 11:55, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do the PS4 versions of the older Resident Evil games - 0, 1, 5, 6, Revelations 1 & Revelations 2 -  hold up okay?

Thinking to buy them and try to replay the whole lot of them.

1 holds up best, 0 I found pretty average and think it was at the time too.

Revelations are good games but be mindful they were designed for handhelds.

I’d just skip 5 and 6.

9 hours ago, JM1872 said:

First Spiderman was fucking class man, really enjoyed it. Miles Morales looks equally as good so far.

Miles is much shorter but still as good, he's a wee bit more OP but with less gadgets, also think new york looks much better in MM due to the wintet setting

The sequel this year is going to be huge hopefully