Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Playing Mad Max just now. Really enjoying it. It’s like a mixture of Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima with the mechanics of the Arkham games. All five games that I love.

That’s a decent combo of games, will add it to the list. Just getting through Spiderman Miles Morales in prep for the new Spiderman coming out.

On 15/10/2023 at 20:44, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Playing Mad Max just now. Really enjoying it. It’s like a mixture of Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima with the mechanics of the Arkham games. All five games that I love.

Loved that Mad Max game. Criminally under rated

On 17/10/2023 at 09:04, ready1873 said:

Loved that Mad Max game. Criminally under rated

It’s a lot of fun. I bought it about a year ago and jimbeamjunior told me to get played but I’ve sat on it because I rarely get much time to game these days and when I do I can never be arsed to try and get into a new game so I just replay ones that I’m already familiar with. I’ve been on Annual Leave all week and I’ve been playing it every free chance I’ve had.

Barely even done much of the story, just done the mission where you get the bulbs from the airport but I’m mainly just doing all the side quests, camps and scarecrows that I can find first.

that Lords of the fallen was good @BridgeIsBlue I’ll not say it was quite Dark Souls 4 but not too far off the mark. Just can’t beat from soft at their own game. Performance really shat it in one bit in particular but over the piece was one of the better soulslikes. Some areas are a pain in the hoop mind you to be expected. I’ve heard Lies of P is actually the closest you’ll get to bloodborne after all these years aswell but have only played the intro. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game awards last night, Baldurs Gate 3 cleaned up then went straight up on the Xbox and PlayStation store I believe as it was only on PC before. 

some of the bigger results:

GOTY: Baldurs Gate 3

Best RPG: Baldurs Gate 3

Best Multiplayer: Baldurs Gate 3

Best Action Game: Armored Core 6

Best Action/Adventure:Tears of the Kingdom

Best Game Direction: Alan Wake 2

15 hours ago, CR3 said:

Game awards last night, Baldurs Gate 3 cleaned up then went straight up on the Xbox and PlayStation store I believe as it was only on PC before. 

some of the bigger results:

GOTY: Baldurs Gate 3

Best RPG: Baldurs Gate 3

Best Multiplayer: Baldurs Gate 3

Best Action Game: Armored Core 6

Best Action/Adventure:Tears of the Kingdom

Best Game Direction: Alan Wake 2

BG3 was released on PS5 over 3 months ago. Xbox version was delayed because of the series S version needing more development time.

8 minutes ago, Iakona said:

BG3 was released on PS5 over 3 months ago. Xbox version was delayed because of the series S version needing more development time.

Ahh. Was the way they tweeted it then I guess saying it is ‘now’ out for PS & Xbox. Which was a fact but made it sound like at the same time* at a glance.

IMG_8577.thumb.jpeg.56ee75139a6dcdff417b982880d1742b.jpeg

Bought it today and realised it is turn-based. Only turn based game I’ve ever liked was one called Lost Odyssey so I’ll be trying my best as I’m £58 lighter with this but when something gets GOTY & best RPG I doubt I’ll be disappointed. I’m guessing you might have played it by now anyway? Also it got best multiplayer so I can LFG if I’m not feeling it as much solo. 

49 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Ahh. Was the way they tweeted it then I guess saying it is ‘now’ out for PS & Xbox. Which was a fact but made it sound like at the same time* at a glance.

IMG_8577.thumb.jpeg.56ee75139a6dcdff417b982880d1742b.jpeg

Bought it today and realised it is turn-based. Only turn based game I’ve ever liked was one called Lost Odyssey so I’ll be trying my best as I’m £58 lighter with this but when something gets GOTY & best RPG I doubt I’ll be disappointed. I’m guessing you might have played it by now anyway? Also it got best multiplayer so I can LFG if I’m not feeling it as much solo. 

Nah I’ve not played it. Not really a fan of turn based combat either to be honest!

Currently running through new game plus in God Of War Ragnarok on Give Me No Mercy difficulty, completed the main story but having a few issues trying to defeat GNA, one of the hardest bosses in any game ever I reckon. Once I manage to get her out the way will have a run through on Give Me God of War difficulty 💀

22 hours ago, CR3 said:

bought cyberpunk’s phantom liberty DLC, will have a go today. Hopefully might save some face for what was a disappointing/broken release when it came out after how anticipated it was. This DLC is meant to be the best part of the game now, apparently. 

Bought cyberpunk as well (although not the phantom expansion), looking forward to playing through it. I played about 15 hours when I first got the Series X, after all the game-breaking bugs had been patched, but apparently the 2 most recent patches completely revamp the game and I've heard a few people say if the game got released in its current state it would have been considered one of the best games of all time, so we'll see!