Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Gotta love Take 2 and Rockstar. 

Porting RDR1 to Switch and Ps4 and charging 50 quid. 😂

It’s not even a remaster or remake… just a port of the PS3 version. No enhancements. Also the same version that you can buy on Xbox and play via backwards compatibility for no extra charge.

On 08/08/2023 at 12:35, Iakona said:

Gotta love Take 2 and Rockstar. 

Porting RDR1 to Switch and Ps4 and charging 50 quid. 😂

It’s not even a remaster or remake… just a port of the PS3 version. No enhancements. Also the same version that you can buy on Xbox and play via backwards compatibility for no extra charge.

Looks like there have been a few improvements graphically going by the trailer, especially on lighting. Bullshit to charge £50 and wouldn't trust them after the GTA Trilogy debacle.

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Looks like there have been a few improvements graphically going by the trailer, especially on lighting. Bullshit to charge £50 and wouldn't trust them after the GTA Trilogy debacle.

It’s a straight up port and nothing else, the lighting in the OG was just pretty good and still holds up to this day under the right conditions. 

There’s no gfx improvements hence why it’s not being re-released on the Xbox platform - it’s already backward compatible over there. Although the Series X and even the One X brute forces the original source code to run at an upscaled 4k.

17 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It’s a straight up port and nothing else, the lighting in the OG was just pretty good and still holds up to this day under the right conditions. 

There’s no gfx improvements hence why it’s not being re-released on the Xbox platform - it’s already backward compatible over there. Although the Series X and even the One X brute forces the original source code to run at an upscaled 4k.

I’ve seen the side by sides, it’s definitely different. Not worth anymore than £20.

45 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I’ve seen the side by sides, it’s definitely different. Not worth anymore than £20.

Unless the side by sides are pre rendered or are taken at exactly the same time of the day under the exact same conditions(weather etc), there will always be a difference in lighting. In a game like RDR it’s virtually impossible to get like for like as it’s dynamic by design. You could capture the same frame 10 times on a PS3 and each one could be noticeably different. 

Was the same tv and settings used to capture both of the comparisons? Colour settings and enhancement features can significantly change the appearance of things like lighting and sharpness. Not to mention editing and compression.

There’s a reason they aren’t releasing it on the xbox. Its Take two… if there was any sort of marketable difference they would have the OG removed from marketplace in a heartbeat.

Porting a 13 year old game to a 10 year old console and charging £50 for it is pathetic.

You could probably buy a PS3 with the original game for that price.

Edit: Ps3 Console, 1 controller and 11 games (including RDR1) for £58. 

Given how good some of their games are they genuinely are one of the laziest games companies around. The GTA Trilogy remaster was literally just put through an AI upscaler and then released.

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Unless the side by sides are pre rendered or are taken at exactly the same time of the day under the exact same conditions(weather etc), there will always be a difference in lighting. In a game like RDR it’s virtually impossible to get like for like as it’s dynamic by design. You could capture the same frame 10 times on a PS3 and each one could be noticeably different. 

Was the same tv and settings used to capture both of the comparisons? Colour settings and enhancement features can significantly change the appearance of things like lighting and sharpness. Not to mention editing and compression.

There’s a reason they aren’t releasing it on the xbox. Its Take two… if there was any sort of marketable difference they would have the OG removed from marketplace in a heartbeat.

It was cutscenes.

Got a ps5 on Tuesday, don't even know what games a want to play, no even opened it, got Lego Star wars and MW2 but think I'll trade them in for road to the masters tomorrow. 

Other than that or gambling on FIFA packs a don't have a clue what decent games or that there is out there 😂

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Got a ps5 on Tuesday, don't even know what games a want to play, 

I would be in about the God of War and Horizon games for the story then Ghost of Tsushima & Demon Souls for a bit more of a challenge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2023 at 20:40, born a blue nose said:

Got a ps5 on Tuesday, don't even know what games a want to play, no even opened it, got Lego Star wars and MW2 but think I'll trade them in for road to the masters tomorrow. 

Other than that or gambling on FIFA packs a don't have a clue what decent games or that there is out there 😂

I would definitely recommend God of War and Ghost of Tsushima as @CR3 said. They're some of the best games I've played.

I really didn't like Horizon tbh. The world felt totally disjointed to me ( not in the way its supposed to) and I thought Aloy was an insufferable protagonist at times; but it was up for game of the year and loads of folk seem to like it so might be worth a punt. 

RES4 remaster was class too. 

I've just bought Remnant 2 on for £28 on Vinted. Pretty excited for it.

I dont really have a game that's grabbing my interest just now. I'm trying to get into Assassins Creed Valhalla, but AC games always feel like a good idea and then I get bored quickly because they're too big and repetitive. 

Alan Wake 2 looks like it could be good. I've downloaded the first one to play.

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

God bless Amazon. Bought a ps5 last month but I had to send the controller back due to stick drift. They/Royal Mail have somehow lost it… but rather than replace or refund the controller, they’ve instead just refunded my entire order. 😂 

What the whole PS5? :lol:

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Brilliant. :lol:

Just don't spend it for a while, if they notice they can come after you for it.

Aye, I’ll sit on it for a bit just incase.

Was a little annoyed cause of the PS5 price drop that happened a couple of weeks after I bought it… but this has certainly remedied that! :lol:

11 hours ago, Iakona said:

God bless Amazon. Bought a ps5 last month but I had to send the controller back due to stick drift. They/Royal Mail have somehow lost it… but rather than replace or refund the controller, they’ve instead just refunded my entire order. 😂 

I started getting stick drift in one of my controllers a few months after the year warranty expired. Raging.

11 hours ago, Iakona said:

fuck i thought i got lucky when they refunded me £5.95 for a bottle of olive oil

:lol:

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Just tried that Undisputed boxing game, fucking awful. Is 1 decent boxing game too much to ask?!

Hasn't been a good boxing game since Fight Night Knockout on the ps2