Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Already got Killzone, FIFA and BF4 mate, don't bother with cod games anymore, have ghosts on ps3 though and never been into basketball, was gonna get MGS but it is too short so I'll borrow that from my mate. Best game I've played so far has been the 1st free one, Resogun! Outlast is good but I'm way to pussy to play it haha.

add me mate and I'll play at bf4 sometime,watty1873.and get outlast finished ya pussy,great wee game so it is,that applys to you aswell Scott :D

NBA2k14

FIFA

COD

BF

Killzone

Should be enough to do you mate and with the free DLC games every month I've not been short of choice.

I do want a 'true' next gen title too but anyone expecting that at launch was deluded, it never happend with PS3 or 360 either.

IMO infamous will be better than anyone of those games.

The campaign I mean. Infamous is a class game mate but it's each to their own.

Played 10 minutes of it last night at my brothers, :lol: it's rank IMO

was in asda the day after work,was almost tempted to buy it just to have a new ps4 game to play.but I resisted after seeing the 53 quid price tag,too much of a gamble.

How where the graphics tho mate ? People are saying they're amazing,only been watching streams on ps4,which were of poor quality.

was in asda the day after work,was almost tempted to buy it just to have a new ps4 game to play.but I resisted after seeing the 53 quid price tag,too much of a gamble.

How where the graphics tho mate ? People are saying they're amazing,only been watching streams on ps4,which were of poor quality.

47 in argos.

They were good although nba2k14 is still the best looking game in the PS4

The gameplay for Infamous 3 is pretty poor but it's the kinda game you'd play just to see the graphics for the full game due to how good they are (Same as Ryse)

Roll on Naughty Dogs game this winter.

If the game play is anything like the first two? i will be happy with that.

Played MGS yesterday.

The visuals are unbelievable, much much better than Infamous.

Pity it's a very short game otherwise I'd be purchasing it myself. The full game will be a thing of beauty going by this though.

Was never a huge fan of Metal Gear bar the second one PS2 but this was really impressive even for a prologue.

The release of Infamous: Second Son saw PS4 sales leap up 106 percent in the UK compared with the previous week.

MCV cites unnamed retail sources for the news, and also points out this is a bigger boost in percentage terms than the Xbox One enjoyed upon the release of Titanfall. It's worth noting, however, that as we don't know the actual figures it's difficult to predict which console sold the most units as a result of its respective exclusive.

Last we heard from Sony, the ratio of PS4 to Xbox One sales in the UK was 1.5:1, though since then Microsoft has cut the price of Xbox One.

This morning, Infamous: Second Son entered the UK chart in the top slot, forcing Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes to settle for second place. Both these titles caused Titanfall to slip to third.

Ubisoft first revealed Watch Dogs long before the new generation of consoles were even formally announced, but the studio says even in the early stages their vision for it was very aligned with Sony's plans for the PlayStation 4.

"Creating the game on PS4 was fascinating," creative director Jonathan Morin said, in an interview on the PlayStation EU Blog. "It was uncanny to see that Watch Dogs was so close to what Sony wanted to do with the console. So Sony understood what we were doing with the game. We were a really great match."

For example, game designer Danny Belanger noted that integrating multiplayer into the single-player was well in-line with some of Sony's PS4 design pillars: notably, a social, integrated experience. He also said the increased horsepower let them realize more factors vital to building an open world, like lighting and water effects, and the amount of people present in the crowded streets of Chicago. The touch pad on the DualShock is also being used to imitate the ease of a smartphone, which serves as protagonist Aiden's Pearce's main tool.

"From an animation point of view we’re always running out of memory, especially when you start developing towards the end of a console generation, so PS4 allowed things like reduced animation compression and more variety in civilians," added animation director Colin Graham. "From my point of view it’s a bit like working with an unlimited budget because we can’t fill the memory budget on PS4."

Watch Dogs is due on May 27, though Ubisoft may be planning a beta test before launch. Ubisoft's Jonathan Morin recently said it will take about 40 hours to complete, on average.

PS3 is getting PES 14 but we're getting that pish? What a joke. Been disappointed with all the free games on PS4 so far compared the ones on PS3.

PES is pish, I'd pay not to play that again.

I've been happy with Outlast and resogun so far, not had time to play the other ones.